It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel's civil war, do the ti-ins matter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hy, I am a big spidy fan and follow the amazing spiderman and ultimate spiderman.

A year ago there was a serie cald the others and it was a cross over. I wasn’t familiar whit it so I couldn’t get all the comics anny more because thy where already sold and the owner couldn’t get them any more. So when I herd about civil war I automatically signed up for all the comics related to civil war.
That is a total of 50+ comics pretty much but I thought if I want to follow it properly I have to get them all.

When I looked at the marvel side I saw there where core comics (Civil War #1-7, Civil War: Front Line #1-10, Civil War: X-Men #1-4, Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1-4) and tie-ins. (Amazing Spider-Man #529-538, New Avengers: Illuminati #1, Fantastic Four #536-537, Black Panther #18, Cable & Deadpool #30-32, Captain America #22-24, Daily Bugle: Civil War Edition, Fantastic Four #538-543, Heroes For Hire #1-3, Iron Man #13-14, Ms. Marvel #6-8, New Avengers #21-25, Punisher War Journal #1-3, She-Hulk #8, Thunderbolts #103-105, Wolverine #42-47, X-Factor #8-9, Civil War: Opening Shot Sketchbook)
Now is my question if I only follow the core wans do I miss a lot vital info ore not.

I hope some wan can help me with this because the ti-ins are all together pretty expensive.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wouldn’t worry about missing any of the “tie-ins.”

Crossovers has been a marketing tool for the comic industry for a long time now. If you don’t want to buy a comics, don’t buy it.

Also see The OFFICIAL Marvel Comics CIVIL WAR thread..

new topics

join