It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air - Zoo... Up Close and Personal To Aircraft.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hi,

We'll all I can say is how cool. This past weekend, my wife traveled into Michigan for a shopping trip with the girls and what she found is awesome.

Right in Michigan, its there... The Air Zoo !

There’s nothing else like the Air Zoo. Our unique combination of attractions, activities and adventure are sure to make man’s first century of flight come to life in a special way — for you and every member of your family or group.

You’ll see our commitment to historical accuracy, presentation quality and fun everywhere you look. Thanks to our traveling exhibits and affiliation with the Smithsonian Institution, there’s always something new to see or do at the Air Zoo.

We promise a unique combination of first-rate attractions, first-hand experience and first-class treatment as long as you’re our guest. Take a tour of our web site, and discover everything the Air Zoo has to offer!

www.airzoo.org...

I never knew that I lived so close to this place... heck, I didn't know it existed.
I know there are air museums and such all over, but this one is so close to me.
I can't wait to get there, I'm shooting for this weekend. Yes, I'll be taking my camera and will share the pics with all of you.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow. Kalamazoo? Only a few hours from me. I never knew....Well, I know where my next trip is to, eh? There's a air and space meuseum somewhere south of Saginaw, too. I found out about it a little while ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The best one I've found so far (short of the National Air and Space Museum) is Balboa Park in San Diego. It's a giant facility (not just aviation) and has a hands on science museum right near the aviation facility.

Elevatedone, fun isn't it. I used to be on the flightline all the time around planes, and they're amazing pieces of equipment.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
that does look great, I see tv ads for it alot its only halfhour from me.was it pretty
cheap?I want to take my wife and kids some time soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It reminds me of a great place I just visited at Dulles Airport in Virginia - the Smithsonian's new Steve Udvar-Hazy air & space museum
I would highly recommend it to anyone that can make it. Its free to get in, but $12 to park. THey have the restored Enola Gay on display as well as all kinds of other crazy stuff like an SR71, P61 black widow, p38 lighting, a concorde, F35, the Vigin Atlantic global explorer and then there's the space hangar which has the space shuttle enterprise and all kinds of sattelites and missiles on display
one of my favorite things to see up close and personal was a AN/APQ-50 radar set in a case.

www.nasm.si.edu...

new topics

top topics

join