It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many of YOU think Bush should stay president indefinatedly???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Grady, very well couched,
but your answer is NO then.

Good.

So far, everyone seems to understand that everything has an end. I appreciate that, since i was livid when some mentioned Bush ought to stay so he could take care of us.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I like GW, but come 2009, his term will be up and it will be time for him to move on. Do I hope that we will have a such a man in the Presidency who has the drive and wll to lead our nation in times of unprecedented peril? I do.

i like your signature

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
i was livid when some mentioned Bush ought to stay so he could take care of us.

It's just not the American way.

The 22nd Amendment

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Grady,

I realize about the amendment- but i also realize that Bush takes those ammendments and uses them in the bathroom...need i say more?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Dg

I protest. This is a misleading title. It should read "How many of you wish to see the downfall of America in your lifetime"

Ahh how few are the times we see eye to eye Pieman. Bush, or anyone related to Bush in any way shape or form is bad for this country. Unless your a very wealthy oil company CEO. I like to think that even if Bush had the balls to grab power, which any president with enough influence could do, the people and the military would put him down fast. I don't think Bush has the military backing to take power, Cheney and his damn Heliberton and pathetic war planning and under funding of the military, I have seen enough Generals protest him. Have to have a military base to have power as a dictator and there is no way he could go 3 terms with out doing that. Unless.... there is another "terror attack" that "postpones" the elections......

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I’m also going to have to say no to this, I personally don’t think Bush is an idiot but that’s beside the point. The constitution say two terms (for good reason) and that’s how its going to be.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Pie,

I'll be sure to use that tittle later on

Much better than mine.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
BTW DG, just out of curiosity, what are you trying to say with your current avatar?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How many people remember before the 2004 election there was some speculation that there would be an orchestrated (terror?) event that would cause postponement of the elections?

No, GWB will be gone in 2009. We'll have a new president. It will be a Republicrat or Demican like normal. And it just won't matter.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
How Many of YOU think Bush should stay president indefinatedly???

Most definitely. He should be made "Dictator For Life". It may just spur the rest of the World to come up with a viable alternative to the "Americanisation" of the globe.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nobody is above the Constitution. I would like to see it go further and see Congress and the Senate have two term limits. Get in, do your work, and move on. Too many special interest groups latch onto the powerful long termers.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
BTW DG, just out of curiosity, what are you trying to say with your current avatar?
I'm trying to say that the Cuban warlock is out if only temporarily.... Fidel Castro may be a thing of the past...SOON. Joy!!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Nah, I want the NWO/global bankers/illuminati chosen one next up as prez:

Hillary Clinton!!

Yeah!! she will be a great prez, can you imagine if one of those Arab guys says something she does not like then WWIII.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ah, I see DG, we can only hope to be so lucky, but seems to me that Fidel just might outlive yet another POTUS.

Anyway, as to the Hillary thing, I shudder… and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I shudder at the thought of Hillary also. There's better out there.

I would settle for her as opposed to one of Bush's own running for president.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i'm sorry to say this, but......

it doesnt matter what we the people want anymore.......or........

he would not have been elected in the first place.......(shoulda hada re-vote)

we could (attempt) to vote him out.
but seeing as he has friends/ties that OWN diebold, (the electronic voting machines),
and access to the best hackers in the world
he'll surely win,..again.

and if we contest it,
he already has in place supreme court judges that OWE him for their job,

i want to know WHY, with all of the problems that they had in the 2000 and 2004
elections,, WHY were they all NOT recounted??/voided/ditch the electronic voter machines????.........does anyone here have their numbered recipt?????

WHY did they just LET HIM TAKE CONTROL..

look at all of the other countries voting habits,,, there would have been a total re-vote... and re count after that,,,and then protests and riots!!!!

all those problems,, and not very many investigations
if there was a problem or error with a vote,, it got tossed/lost

all of the CLEARLY VISIBLE corruption among BOTH democrat and republican
parties,, and foolish us, we elected one of them anyways.....

its NOT like we were voting for the class president of the 2nd grade.......

this was for the man who will control the worlds most powerful military/nation
and with the most amount of money/influence.....

it seems he was picked on his 2 hour debates, and 30 second commercials,
and spotless military record,and excellent budget balancing.........

we elected him, even though, there was MANY things about him,
we were NOT ALLOWED to know about (sealed records,missing history,)......

but then again, a band is considered great, if they have 1 good song,nowadays....

as for your question.........nobody should be allowed more than 1 year,
unless the PEOPLE REQUEST/DEMAND IT.....

how many years of damage must we endure??

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here in the US, we have a constitution to prevent that from happening.

Besides, Bush has already caused enough trouble. I'm sorry that SOB lasted for 8 years. I wish he had never been elected. Thank god that I knew better then to vote for him!

Tim

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm not American but I would certainly never have voted for him.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ok,

So far... 3 YES. I respect your opinion.

19 NO ---------- ditto

1 Doesnt matter

Thank you.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by dgtempe]

[edit on 1-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

i agree, america should stay away from hiliary, she looks like she is another from the dictator type of people. reminds me of maggie thacther from england.

She might have been a B**ch, But at least she stood up for the U.K when she needed to internationally, I.E. slapped down the E.U. during the rebate issue, She also slapped down the U.S. a few times with regards to the Falklands War.

As an Ousider No Do not Let Bush Stay in Power Put someone new in his place, but would it make a difference? they would still go alog with this so called N.W.O.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join