It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FTW computers destroyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This may be news from last month, but I haven't found a link on ATS about this: Michael Rupperts FTW-offices have been raided by unknown vandals and their computers have been taken out.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

Seems like an example had to be made to the 9/11 community.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
there goes the, 'why wouldn't 'they' just take out guys like michael ruppert and alex jones' argument.

let's ask william cooper and phil shnieder, or perhaps hunter s. thompson, or michael zebhur.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by billybob]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Who wants to bet it turns out to have been a former emloyee/associate/exgirlfriend etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I am sure they were smart enough to plan for this and that the data is mirrored elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Stolen PC's and lappies were a problem for our various offices and agents... there are ways to mitigate the loss of data and property. We spent some serious coin getting it under control just before the world went all-awry on 911. Backup of system images and encrypted offsite frequent backups of mission critical data is SOP across our networks. The hardware itself is inconsequential "big-picture".

Now the good part... we install an ET phone home "root" kit and some other "super-hidden" logging items that insure if a stolen box is fired up by someone and they are "good" enough to get by the disk encryption and login barriers but stupid enough to go online (either dial-up) or via a NIC... our software (we call it ET phone home) starts a backdoor communiction to our series of fixed IP machines that are "listening" and gives us the discreet IP of the stolen unit and then the servers run Visual-Route to locate the ISP and node info.

We then phone the fuzz and the ISP. We've had several instances of recovery and successful prosecution. At no time have we found ourselves as a target of anything other than your run of the mill common B&E'ers.

There are other things we "wrap" heavy-duty data in (my NDA prevents me from elaborating much) that allows the data-embed to defend itself (by commiting digital suicide) if improperly accessed.

We even had one lappy turn up in Juarez Mexico and we caught the "scum" (there was no data of consequence on that machine anyhow) who'd been in Manitoba as part of one of those traveling-road-show-circuit-airport theft gangs.

I'm waiting for the day it's someone more organized and with an agenda - then woe be tide, to them and their organization - old black hats don't die - they just get hired as "hats" of a lighter colour and boy-howdy do they love a challenge.

I hope the folks mentioned data is intact and returned, and the perpetrators are brought to justice.

Victor K.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by V Kaminski]

new topics

top topics

join