It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro is taking a break from being a President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
you know, here's what i dont get. we normalized relations with libya not too long ago and it has been a helluva lot longer since the cuban missile crisis than the lockerbie incident. i say just forgive and forget....go ahead and normalize relations. send them some aid, buy some cigars, sell them some pepsi. dont try to force democracy down their throats, but make nice. so he's a dictator, so what. how many dictatorships in the world are we allied to right now? if we ease into it now, it will be so much easier when fidel is gone.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PopeyeFAFL

Ah, yeah, I forgot, it will be so nice, when Cuba return to your normality.

Let's try a little "Battista" era again, when it was corruption wall to wall, prostitution, like there is no tomorrow.

Ah, the "good old day", USA style, can't wait to see it again...

Could you tell us what the hell do you know about the times before castro was in power?.... Are you Cuban?....

Cuba was the jewel of the caribbean, every home had a tv, which not even in the U.S. people could say that. Yes there was corruotion, but people had 100 times what they don't have now.... People were not going hungry like they have been doing after castro started tightening the noose... and you want to talk about prostitution?.... There is a lot more prostitution right now in Cuba than back then, even children are used as sex slaves for the "degenerate tourists"....

Unless you are Cuban or have lived as a Cuban in the island, leave your sarcasm for something else...

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
i say just forgive and forget....go ahead and normalize relations. send them some aid, buy some cigars, sell them some pepsi. dont try to force democracy down their throats, but make nice. so he's a dictator, so what. how many dictatorships in the world are we allied to right now? if we ease into it now, it will be so much easier when fidel is gone.

Except that the regime of Cuba provides services, training, food, etc, etc, to enemies of the United States.... There is no "forgive and forget" when the Cuban regime is partaking in helping terrorists and other regimes that want to see the destruction of the United States....

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Muaddib,

I've been saying the same things on other posts and for some reason people here are under the impression that Cuba is just fine the way it is. WE are supposed to be hypocrites, God-fearing Castro was better off without our element
and all kinds of very intelligent comments..... Maybe this is what they are taught...OR we have many communists right here in the USA.

You and i dont know anything. (according to some) I wouldnt even bother. Personally, its not worth my time and effort to try to tell people the way it is. Funny- here i am- a LIBERAL, and a left leaning person trying to explain about Communism, and people think its just wonderful what Castro's Communism has done FOR Cuba.

Did i mention that Castro is a strict Catholic?? That's what i've been told here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maudibb do you have any evidence or sources to back up your claim of "almost every" household possesing TV's before Castro came to power? Or even that he is aiding terrorists? The only thing connecting Cuba with terrorists is a statement by John Bolton that says it is so. Hey the moon is made of cheese, but that cannot be true. Unless of course John Bolton said it.

Here, there is a former President refuting such claims

HAVANA, May 13, 2002 (AP Online via COMTEX) -- Jimmy Carter said Monday that American officials briefing him for his trip to Cuba said they had no evidence the communist country was transferring abroad technology that could be used to make weapons of mass destruction.

Carter, the first U.S. head of state in or out of office to visit Cuba since Fidel Castro's 1959 revolution, also met at his hotel with two leading Cuban dissidents for a briefing on human rights. The opposition leaders called on Carter to promote dialogue between the two countries.

Source

I bet he must be a traitor though and helping the regime acquire WMD's and helping terrorists though huh?

Frankly I also believe we should just re-establish diplomatic and even trade relations with this country. Unfortunately I do not believe that will happen until Fidel has passed on. He is too proud to allow such a thing to happen at this point in his life, even if our nation apologizes for HIS dastardliness. Either way, Cubans tend to be great mechanics, they have had to use the same vehicles since the middle of last century. If you have wealth, get ready to open a dealership and a auto-shop, your reutrn has great potential.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join