It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'reilly: "Did you see anybody protesting after 9/11?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
loam...

You have a very dangerous viewpoint.

Huh?

Do you mind explaining how? What I am advocating is that we actually HAVE a strategy to protect our national interest... Not the reckless dribble peddled by this current administration.

If indeed you are American, as the tone of your post suggests, you are a sad member of this country. I don't say that in a malicious way, I say that in a very serious way.

Thank you for the personal attack- however couched.
Again, mind explaining how I'm a "sad member of this country"?

What I think is sad is the fact that we have NO sound strategy to secure the peace or to protect our national interests.

I don't know what you read or watched or who you talked to that made you start to think the way you do, but you cannot blame the US for everything that goes wrong everywhere.

Anyway, the point is there is a whole world to go explore if you do not support and sacrifice for your own country.

So by your logic, it's UN-American to suggest we actually do something to protect our national interest...it's Un-American to demand accountability of this administration's failed policies...it's Un-American to expect our nation to provide very real leadership in the world?

If your view represents the majority thinking in this country, then I'm just peeing in the wind, aren't I? :shk:

This country is so hosed, it's unbelievable... :shk:

...such a strong anti-US viewpoint...

No, what I find "such a strong anti-US viewpoint" is the one that refuses to acknowledge the disastrous course we have placed ourselves upon...the one that refuses to hold our leadership accountable for their incompetence...the one that thinks to do so is an attack upon our nation, rather than just an attack upon the stupidity of a few men in power.

Are these people your gods? ...kings? ...or are they just men, elected by a populous who expects them to uphold their fiduciary duty to the country to protect and defend our national interests and way of life?

In my America, we FIRE people for their incompetence...not make excuses for them while the rest of us pay the dire consequences.

[edit on 2-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   
i agree with loam on all ^^^^^^^^ that

i hold similar beliefs

we should have acountability in government and a foreign policy strategy

i'm not UN-american, i'm just appalled and ashamed of the decisions made in the 5+ years

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Thank you, madnessinmysoul.

Nice to know I ain't standin' here all alone.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Other then marches in every nation in Europe and in a whole lot of other places in the world, I distinctly recall everyone wearing a Turban in the US and uK all of the sudden becomming a target.

If I'm not mistaken, there were even people killed and wounded by violence against everything that looked a bit brownish.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yeah, like the other morons who are now doing this:

Door at Baltimore Hebrew University firebombed

Baltimore police are investigating a firebombing at Baltimore Hebrew University after an employee reported a loud noise and then a fire at the base of a side door of a building in the 5800 block of Park Heights Ave. in Northwest Baltimore.

The incident occurred about 2:45 p.m. yesterday. Agent Donny Moses, a city police spokesman, said the female employee alerted maintenance workers who came and extinguished the small fire and then alerted authorities.

Moses said detectives determined the fire was started by an incendiary device, such as a Molotov cocktail, thrown at a steel door, causing no damage. It is being investigated by the department's arson unit, but has not yet been classified as a hate crime.

More...

AND:

Jewish Shops in Rome Vandalized

Jewish shops across Rome were vandalized and defaced with swastikas in an apparent neo-fascist attack linked to fighting in the Middle East, officials said, while Pope Benedict XVI issued an impassioned call from Vatican City for an immediate cease-fire in the Middle East, saying that "nothing can justify the spilling of innocent blood."

Owners of about 20 shops in the center and outskirts of the Italian capital found door locks filled with glue, shutters nailed closed and swastikas on nearby walls Tuesday morning, said Riccardo Pacifici, a spokesman for Rome's Jewish community.

More...

I'm sure I could find more....

[edit on 3-8-2006 by loam]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
loam,

Before I reply to your comments, I would like for you to address all of mine. You mentioned nothing about my questions concerning living in other countries or moving to them.

Please advise.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have lived in other countries.

Your point?

[edit on 4-8-2006 by loam]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join