It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Crisis in Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Mexican police gas leftist lawmakers, protesters

Mexican riot police used tear gas and clubs to drive back leftist legislators and supporters protesting outside Congress on Monday in the first violent clash over a fiercely contested presidential election.

Several lawmakers from the left-wing party whose presidential candidate narrowly lost the July 2 election were slightly injured when police swept through their protest camp.

Demonstrators threw rocks back at the federal police lines. It was the first time the government has deployed police to break up protests that began days after the election and have until now been peaceful.

More...

Growing...

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
good, but not an event changer!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I heard something is going down in Oaxaca and a governor started ordering the torture and killing of protestors, I don't know if that is true.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe they'll finally have a revolution ...

... manyana, manyana!

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sleep easy children, no need to get worked up about yet another event. I doubt there will be revolutions, etc. in Mexico. If there were wouldn't we be happy?! Maybe Mexico would then be able to support its people.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

www.worldmayor.com..." border=0>

Loser of Mexican election threatens to form resistance government

Mexico City - Mexico's leftist presidential candidate said he will form a resistance government if election authorities acknowledge his conservative opponent as the winner of last month's election.

Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who has charged that the election was rigged, made the announcement at a rally of his supporters Sunday at Mexico City's Zocalo plaza, a day before the Federal Electoral Tribunal was due to release the results of a partial recount of the ballots in the July 2 election, which Lopez Obrador lost to Felipe Calderon by a margin of 0.58 per cent.

The leader of the Mexican left and a former mayor of Mexico City called on his supporters to meet in a National Democratic Convention on September 16 if he fails to be declared the president-elect to decide what form their resistance movement should take.

More...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by SevenThunders
This is fairly typical of the far left. When they can't win elections they attempt to seize power by force. I guess they just weren't as smart as Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, who cleverly managed to get his rigged voting machines in place for his reelection campaign. The thing to look here are the exit polls. If they differ strongly from the results (as they did in our 2004 election and in the Chavez election), one must suspect tampering.

Kinda like the 2000 2002 and the 2004 elections here in the USA...
So do tell why exit polls are more effective in Venesuala and Mexico, but not here in the good ole USA??
Are you even aware that Gore in 2000 won according to exit polls as did Kerry in 2004. But I agree with you if the votes don't come close to the exit polls there should be a full recount

[edit on 12-8-2006 by LDragonFire]

Well I agree with you. I am a right winger and I do not believe the exit poll discrepancies in the U.S. elections have been adequately explained. Having said that , the usual democratic party voting irregularities were in play. Illegal aliens, the homeless, nursing home vegetables and the dead were voting in force. I suspect the republican vote fraud machines trumped those efforts, but I'd like to see the proof. There were some allegations that surfaced in publice testimony for the 2000 Fla elections, but nothing has been heard since.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Let's face it... I have continued to maintain for sometime that we appear to be no better than the "Banana Republics" we so heartily criticize.

We are a nation with no clothes...never-mind the Emperor.

Our collective denial must come straight from the lemur gene pool... Who knew?

Meanwhile, with regard to this story, I find it fascinating how little coverage there is on it. You'd think we'd be more interested in what's happening in our own back yard.

Conflicts will drive refugees much faster than economics will push immigrants. Think about that.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Meanwhile, with regard to this story, I find it fascinating how little coverage there is on it. You'd think we'd be more interested in what's happening in our own back yard.

Conflicts will drive refugees much faster than economics will push immigrants. Think about that.

Actually there was a story on the unrest in Mexico on the front page of the Wall Street Journal.

Not much was said in the article other than what had already been discussed here, but the fact that it was on the front page does say something, although seeing as how long this has been going on....

Must have been a slow news day...

Anyway, I'm personally intrigued to see what will happen in Novemeber. For the first time in my life I actually want the democrats to win in order to start being a thumb in Bush's side. Although if that does happen, you will see more and more people starting to talk out against Bush (not that there aren't many of those already).

Something else that worries me is the presidential elections here in the US in 2008. If the rift between people continues to grow, and the republicans win again, putting another Bush-like figure (we'll find out what the guy/girl is really like after they are actually in office) at the reins, things could get ugly.

But then again, with mainstream Americans practically being sheep anymore....*sigh* We could see nothing.

I'll keep an eye out in the papers, but I imagine that Mexico has been relegated to just a story or the days when there is little else to report on.....

[edit on 9/1/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Just curious, but do you happen to know when the story ran in the WSJ? Somehow, I missed it.

I'm glad to hear it though. At least somebody is paying attention.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It was yesterday's edition, August 31, 2006.

I just signed up a subscription for my economics class, and this was my first issue in my mailbox.

It's on the right hand side above the fold, and actually is a pretty big article which is continued within the first section.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Are you even aware that Gore in 2000 won according to exit polls as did Kerry in 2004. But I agree with you if the votes don't come close to the exit polls there should be a full recount

You are aware that exit polls are not the "actual" vote and are just a sampling of those who voted and are willing to give their statements to pollsters. They are neither fool proof nor accurate 100 % of the time,as not everbody gives their opinion to the exit polls.

Don't you find it rather strange that for the last 3 elections 2000, 2002, 2004, that some people on the losing side have claimed fraud as the reason for their loss rather than just plain outright losing those THREE close nationwide elections. Even in an election where both sides mobilized their base voters.

Can't wait to see what happens this November. Seems Democrats are already counting their eggs before they have "hatched".

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Mexican Lawmakers Block Fox's Speech

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Vicente Fox was forced to forego the last state-of-the-nation address of his presidency Friday after leftist lawmakers stormed the stage of Congress to protest disputed July 2 elections.

It was the first time in modern Mexican history a president hasn't given the annual address to Congress. Instead, Fox handed in a written copy of his report, and his office said he would address the nation in a televised speech later Friday.

More...

If this isn't getting serious, then I don't know what is.....

[edit on 1-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
A concerning development indeed.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why does this not surprise me? For some reason I suspected that something like this would happen at some point....

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This just in:
Out break of effective, yet disturbingly hilairious hats has been spreading throughout Mexico.
If left unchecked, I believe they could start making them out of tortilla chips, and perhaps filling the brims with some form of cheese. Making for an even more hilairious, and disturbingly filling hat.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MozartSeason
This just in:
Out break of effective, yet disturbingly hilairious hats has been spreading throughout Mexico.
If left unchecked, I believe they could start making them out of tortilla chips, and perhaps filling the brims with some form of cheese. Making for an even more hilairious, and disturbingly filling hat.

Nice real nice...and classy to boot!

This is very grave. Last thing we need is a self-destructing Mexico. God the fallout from that could be huge!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Classey?
Here's a classey one..
Who will mow our lawns?!

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MozartSeason
Who will mow our lawns?!

Um...maybe those kids that want to make some extra money maybe?

The reason I'm worried about this is because a Mexico that is under chaos would make things hard for the US by giving us a headache in our backyard. I could see the Bush administration try to get a "peacekeeping" force together to set up a "democratic" government in a "stable" Mexico.

In other words, instead of making the border fence along the southern border of Texas, it would be at the southern end of Mexico with that country being absorbed as a state. The democrats couldn't yell that there were illegal immigrants flooding from Mexico, because they would be citizens then, right? *sigh* I know its out there, but still, Bush is just stupid enough to pull a stunt like that or worse....

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The Mexican press and human-rights organizations have long pointed fingers at corrupt Juaraz police, the multinational corporations that run the maquiladora factories, U.S. cops in El Paso and even a murderous cult. Whatever is killing the young women of Juarez, Vicente Fox's government no longer wishes to find out.

That may be because the richest men in Juarez and El Paso -- and perhaps even top officials in Fox's government -- are accused of committing the murders.

According to Diana Washington Valdez, who has been painstakingly investigating the crimes for the El Paso Times, "the killings are part of a circuit of parties hosted by prominent Juarez citizens."

Valdez told NPR in 2003 that some intended victims managed to escape from elaborate "parties" in mansions where the elite held orgies. For special occasions, young women would be kidnapped and then raped and murdered by the city's leading businessmen and politicians. The powerful Juarez drug cartel always had its top people at the satanic rape-murder events.

The demonic sex killings remind many Mexicans of Adolfo de Jesus Constanzo and his bloodthirsty cult. Constanzo was behind a repugnant wave of murders in the 1980s, all done for the glory of the demon he worshiped.

Constanzo was "a master practitioner of the African magic called palo mayombe," according to Crime Library.

Constanzo watched as his underlings "tortured and sodomized the victims prior to killing them and harvesting their organs for his ritual cauldron."

Rotten things are happening all along the border, and the crimes are regularly revealed as the bloody operations of a multi-tentacled beast run by an unholy alliance of drug cartels, U.S. and Mexican officials and elite international businessmen.

This, coupled with the rioting and mayhem and brutal killings, satanism....AND NOT A PEEP ON AMERICAN TELEVISION.

Lets focus on Israel and not focus on what is at our back door.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join