It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Synagogue attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

www.nydailynews.com...
Arson squad detectives are investigating what police sources described as a Molotov cocktail hurled outside a Queens synagogue.
An incendiary device was used to start a small rubbish fire next to the Temple Beth Sholom in Flushing shortly after 11 p.m. Friday night.
[...]"We don't know if it was an attack. More than likely it was vandalism,"[Sy Dipkin, the congregation president] said. "People worry about everything, but they are nervous Nellies. There was no graffiti. And there were some hangout spots nearby. "It may have been just some kids getting into trouble. Unfortunately, nowadays you have to be careful about everything," he added.

Seems a bit too much of a coincidence for this to happen when jews are being attacked in the west, in response to the Israel-Lebanon War:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunately its to be expected. Even though the jews outside of israel have little to do with Israel's policies, the Jews are often viewed as a single, insidious group that deserves to be attacked.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There may be many folks who harbour animosity and emnity to the folks of that temple and others who are using the current M-E situation in a false-flag sorta way to carry out agendas that have little to do with the M-E. Any attack or vandalism of any place of worship is to be condemned... we may see more such stuff - I hope not.

Victor K.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Even though the jews outside of israel have little to do with Israel's policies, the Jews are often viewed as a single, insidious group that deserves to be attacked.

That's entirely true... But it also goes for every other race and creed and what have you. For example, on 9/11, here in Dearborn (the largest population of Arabs outside of the Middle East) cops were on high alert, looking out for people starting race riots and all that. Or look at when the US does something... American companies usually face a backlash of some sort. I remember when several fast food locations were attacked solely as a reparation for US actions.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
From the article, it seems like this was a relatively minor incident...no injuries and minimal property damage. It could have just been kids or something, I doubt it was anyone involved with true terror since they would have been much more sophisticated.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Actually many Arabs countries that are opposed to Israel in the middle east seen US as from where the decisions in favor of Israel and against the Arab Nations come from.

Many see the Influences of Jewish lobbyist in Washington specially when it comes to peace talks and cease fires.

The Jewish in the US holds lots of powers over our government.

Targeting Jewish comunities in the US is just part of the fight against them in the middle east that just spills into our borders.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The Jewish in the US holds lots of powers over our government.

I'm sorry, but...

Targeting Jewish comunities in the US is just part of the fight against them in the middle east that just spills into our borders.

So, if Arab communities targeted in the US would it be the exact same thing?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Unfortunately its to be expected. Even though the jews outside of israel have little to do with Israel's policies, the Jews are often viewed as a single, insidious group that deserves to be attacked.

You actually believe this?

I thought that Jewry outside of Israel ran the show to a good degree, they pump a lot of money into Israel.

They provide Bush on a pole for the needs of Israel.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
There may be many folks who harbour animosity and emnity to the folks of that temple and others who are using the current M-E situation in a false-flag sorta way to carry out agendas

OR, it could be someone that hates jews and attacked them.

the commander
here in Dearborn (the largest population of Arabs outside of the Middle East

Indeed, I recall that there were even instances in the US of Sihks being attacked, because they are dark skinned and wear turbans and, to the parochial morons, 'must be a-rabs who blowed up dem towers'.

marg6043

Hardly makes it right to racistly attack someone though.

djohnsto77
, I doubt it was anyone involved with true terror since they would have been much more sophisticated

Hopefully. It might even be that this sort of thing is more common, and is only considered newsworthy because of the M-E situation.
Indeed, the NYC area has more jews than there are in israel, so the situation could get very bad very quick, ala Crowne Heights, etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hardly makes it right to racist attack someone though.

Well that is the consequences of wars and the country that supports one side over the other.

It happen before when 9/11 and it will not be the last time that will happen what we should be grateful is that it will not escalate to a major problem.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nygdan you'll notice I worded my reply carefully to indicate multiple possibilities.

"OR, it could be someone that hates jews and attacked them." Well, duh. And a "garbage can" fire in NYC happens pretty frequently too and there are lots of folks say, I don't know - like pyros and vandals who will use the current situation to advance their agendas of burning things and such-like nonsense.

I'm done with this thread permanently. Too many long knives and smart-alecs who enjoy this way too much.

Victor K.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
VK, apologies if I read too much into your posting.

top topics

join