It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France gets involved in Israel-Lebanon crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Interesting thought France, Iran, Syria, Lebanon on one side. Israel and the U.S. on the other anyone see something interesting occuring here or is it just me?

I mean alot of American folks do not like the french, an alot of the french folks dont like ameicans, anyone bet this is france's way of sticking two frogs legs up at the U.S. and pickin sides???

Strange but The Statue of Liberty was a gift from the people of France to the people of The United States, and they were always our friends up until we had a warmongerer who wished nothing more then to wreak havoc where France chose not to. They were smart not to be involved as they knew something that we didn't and they saved themselves a heap of money and a bunch of lives, not to mention the embarassment of being wrong about WMD's. We took the word of people like Chalabi and the Mossad both of whom had their own interests involved over ours in regards to Iraq over a country that has been our ally for hundreds of years and turned them against us. Its crazy.

Pie

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
And it starts already the anti french crap, enough with it already Man get a grip, your country is not the only country inthe world who has a say in this, every country in the world has so shut the hell up. Unless all you americans wants us (uk) to dislike you more an more.......

Word of advice: punctuation makes your posts easier to read, if not comprehend.

So you're getting your knickers in a twist because I suggested an ulterior motive for France's involvement? Do you not believe that the unemployment rate is above 10%? Well, here's some backup:

French jobless rate on the rise

French unemployment has risen to its highest level in five years, increasing concerns about the strength of France's economic growth.
The jobless rate in March, as measured according to the International Labour Organisation (ILO) method, rose by 0.1% from February to 10.2%.
news.bbc.co.uk...

If you take this fact as French-bashing, then that's your problem, not mine.

Edit: I just realized that the figures I used were stale; the most recent French unemployment rate is 9.0%

[edit on 2-8-2006 by bombers8]

<< 1   >>

join