It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chanting Hare Krsna...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The maha-mantra. Way older than your ass. From Vedic sources going back to and probably beyond the recorded history of man.

Hare Krsna
Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna
Hare Hare
Hare Rama
Hare Rama
Rama Rama
Hare Hare

now, before you start thinking you're being accosted in an airport terminal, I offer this from my own personal experience. It is a wonderful tool for helping along ANY kind of spiritual insight. It won't instantly make you a Krsna devotee, but in the simplest terms, and doing it on a regular basis, allows for a clearer mind, a stifling of unwanted passion and ignorance, and it will allow anyone on a spiritual path to realize that path much clearer. That's all.

I just wanted to throw it out there for anyone looking for help to clear the many obstacles in the way of pure spiritual insight.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Maha-mantra

MANTRAS FOR ASTRAL PROJECTION

“Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna, Krishna Hare Hare
"Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare.
“Hare Murare Modup Coiptus Hare Copal Govinda Mukum Sonre.
“Mage Prage Yodi Kolpi Basi Parvot Tullo Hiro No Dane En Bai de Nem.
“Sri Govinda, Sri Govinda. Sri Govinda. Sri Govinda. Ganesha Namap.”

The repetition of any mantra leads to Mastery in the same way that the child repeating words like "mom" and "cat" lead to the completion of an advanced college degree. It may lead to it, but there is no guarantee: many drop out of school.

Unfortunately, many spiritual aspirants remain in pre-school, repeating mantras, and believe that they will get a spiritual degree (Mastery) from that.

To enter into advanced subjects (such as forming sentences, or in other words, such as understanding the laws of the spirit: Kabbalah, Jnana) one must graduate from the lower grades and enter into more complex studies.

To be liberated from suffering, one must master oneself, and cease creating karma.

To master oneself requires indepth knowledge of the entire mind and spirit. One must know everything there is to know.

A child who repeats phrases knows only how to repeat the phrase. He often does not know what it means.

What good comes of repeating a mantra without consciously knowing the meaning?

How can you develop consciousness if you are not conscious of what you are doing?

To know all that there is to know one must first master the language: then one can master the concepts expressed by that language. Along the way, there are many who stop and believe they are done, then teach their point of view as the rule (some teach in spiritual kindergarten, some in first grade, some in second grade, etc). Very few complete the journey.

In other words: There are many great Mantras out there(and many that are tenebrous), but they won't do anyone any good unless you know what they mean and chant them Consciously.

The Mantra of Hare Krishna is great, but make sure that you're not just repeating it mechanically.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I practice the Aum and Gayatri Mantra.
The issue I have noticed with chanting mantras, is that I am never able to go a very long period of consecutive days without something in life popping to change my routine. I was once told, that if you are successful in chanting your prescribed mantra consecutively for a certain number of days...(I can't remember how many) then boons and good fortune will be granted to you.

even though I haven't accomplished the above, I am still fortunate enough in life to realize the benefits that I have recieved from chanting my mantras.

new topics

join