It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollywood. Was the Qana collapse staged?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
As far as it's relationship to this story... I wasn't aware that Hezbollah was believed to have anything to with the plane bombing plot...

Same book, different chapter. hezbollah has repeatedly threatened to spread the conflict to the U.S. and other Western countries. You were mentioned because, from your posts, these all seem to be friends of yours.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah, they're my pals

And no, Hezbollah and Al Quaeda are very different organizations with little in common - for one thing Al Qaeda are Sunni fanatics, who think Shiites (like Hezbollah) are heretics that need to be exterminated.

I'd like to see where I have defended either, though...
Criticizing Israeli and US actions is not the same thing as advocating those of Hezbollah and Al Quaeda - for the record, I see both the radical Islamists and the western far right (including yourself) as philosphical enemies of mine.

Though this might be a little too complicated for you to wrap your head around, there are more than two sides in the world: the "good guys" and the "bad guys". More like various factions of "bad guys" fighting it out, with the rest of us stuck in the crossfire.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

No, pieman, it is you that is reaching. The rest of us can clearly see that the so-called 'building to the left' is actually a building that is behind and farther down the block than the building with the strange paint job. The reason you don't see it in both pictures is due to the different camera angles, not Israeli bombs.

BTW, so where are pieman, souljah, xmotex, etc. today? The day (8/10) that yet another bombling plot by radical muslim terrorists (no, not blonde, blue-eyed, Scandinavian Christians) is made public. The apologists and appeasers must either be hiding out, on the run, or frantically trying to think of a way to spin this so as to make it the fault of the Israelis or GWB and the U.S.

Im here I work for a living ..Unlike israel receiving billions in aid..I need to pay my bills on my own with hard work.
I will say as I have before. Its Israels actions and the actions of those like you that rabidly support her in murdering Palestinians that is putting the rest of us at risk. Maybe we will get smart and stop supplying Israel with the tools they commit murder with and then it will just stay where it belongs..In Israel.

Just like you and the others choose to selectively ignore the fact that over a 1000 people died and billions in damage just because a commercial (Yes I said COMMERCIAL as in someone who gets paid for pictures) photographer touched up a couple of pics and attempt to make it appear as though it didn't occur and acting as though Israel was absolved of what they have done, the people whose families have died know otherwise. Im not a Evangelical Christian, Im not Jewish, and Im not for racism or Zionism and its a shame I and my family have to suffer for your beliefs of a greater Israel or A Messianic return.

Unlike you, even though I have had family members killed by Muslims in Lebanon and lost a dear friend in 9-11 as well as others that I knew, I refuse to label an entire race or religion as being terrorists in order to appease bigots and support Israel in their endeavor to ethnically cleanse the Middle East of Palestinians and the Muslims who support them in their fight for freedom. If they want to murder all those people they can do it without my support. If you don't like it, well You can cry about it somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

At work actually and quite busy... largely due to the bomb plot actually.

As far as it's relationship to this story... I wasn't aware that Hezbollah was believed to have anything to with the plane bombing plot...

Asians are Hizbollan too I guess!!! All Muslims are terrorists in some of these peoples eyes.

I think you know by now that the goal of these people is to make sure that israel has full access to Lebanon as well as the Palestinians residing there and by attempting to link Hesbollah to international terrorism plots would give Israel better footing if its not just a few countries listing them on a terrorist list. Its rather obvious. It burns some of them up that not everyone is up Israels buttox appeasing them. My days of blind support are over. I see exactly what goes on.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Pieman - In england, arabs from Pakistan, Iran...etc are refered to as Asian and not middle-eastern.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The recent discovery that the Reuters news agency released a digitally manipulated photograph as an authentic image of the bombing in Beirut has drawn attention to the important topic of bias in the media. But lost in the frenzy over one particular image is an even more devastating fact: that over the last week Reuters has been caught red-handed in an astonishing variety of journalistic frauds in the photo coverage of the war in Lebanon.

Source: Reuters Photo Fraud

This topic is nicely put together (examples & photo comparison) in this article, I was surprised that it's Reuters & AFP.

[edit on 2006-8-11 by zer69]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Excellent article showing complete bias against Israel....though it may just be to sell more papers.......whatever their reason is..they're wrong....

Which leads me to ask.....

I thought the 'news' was supposed to be neutral and show true facts.

You deserve a WATS award which I'll give you as soon as I remember how......

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Pieman - In england, arabs from Pakistan, Iran...etc are refered to as Asian and not middle-eastern.

Arabs from Pakistan? and Iran? Iran and Pakistan are not Arab countries.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zer69
This topic is nicely put together (examples & photo comparison) in this article, I was surprised that it's Reuters & AFP.

Im glad you posted this. The photos used to show that Hizbollah guys were using civilians as shields was backed up by another picture that was supposedly snuck out of Lebanon. The other guy had a Chromed looking weapon and now this guy has a different weapon in the same pose. Different clothes. Lots of messing around from Israel going on too , to atteempt to back up their claims of Hizbollah shielding.

The original "Snuck Out of Lebanon" Photos seemed to have disappeared. Probably because they were bogus.
www.news.com.au...

It was posted in the Thread "Photos That Damn Hizbollah"
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-8-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
From the USA perspective we refer to Iranains, Pakastains etc as persian or arabian (even though they are not arbs). Western Europe refers to Iranians and pakastians as Asian........maybe someone from England can tell us why....

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The original "Snuck Out of Lebanon" Photos seemed to have disappeared. Probably because they were bogus.

Yeah, those were pretty clearly photos of Christian Phalangists, one guy even appeared to be wearing an Orthodox cross.

Funny how the all the outrage over journalistic fraud only erupted when the fraud was coming from the pro-Lebanese side...

[edit on 8/11/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

www.news.com.au...

Yeah, the Israeli Propaganda Machine hired an actor to do this dirty job:

Just kidding

[edit on 11-8-2006 by Mdv2]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yeah, those were pretty clearly photos of Christian Phalangists, one guy even appeared to be wearing an Orthodox cross.

Funny how the all the outrage over journalistic fraud only erupted when the fraud was coming from the pro-Lebanese side...

[edit on 8/11/06 by xmotex]

I didn't see the cross but for sure that is another group that is also in Lebanon. Many of their compatriots are living in exile in israel and are just waiting for the chance to come back again. These are the people who massacred the Palestinians in Shatila and Sabra along with the Israelis. They would love to see the muslims removed from Lebanon and have Lebanon as puppets to israel.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here's how it is.

Currently blogging It's a standard propaganda dissemination "stepping stone" technique designed to create credibility status out of thin air.

Start a blog, engage a number of paid operatives in a pseudo-debate, immediately censor and ban all opposition, and when the number of participants reaches a certain level, all the sudden it becomes a story which is picked up by national media, quoting the blog as the opinion of the entire Internet community, and even going as far as using such set up sources as a base for various opinion poll data.

A simply of the hand example of how it works;

Several blogs, including a number which accuse the media of distorted coverage of the Middle East conflict, said the photograph had been doctored.

news.yahoo.com...

www.cnn.com...

In this case a perfect example of such tactics is eureferendum.blogspot.com. It's a COMPLETE fabrication from beginning to end, yet it is indirectly being referenced by an official news media source, thus creating an illusion of legitimacy, and it's very quickly becoming a standard practice.

I'm doing research on blog propaganda use as a legalized form of opinion molding and Internet censorship, and its use as a spin stepping stone for the media.

I've personally staged a proof positive experiment on the eureferendum blogpost, which with out a doubt proves that it's just another form of media manipulation and control technique.

The data is absolutely conclusive.

Just from 2 of their "articles", a rough count of topic specific fallacies reached to over a 100, not including the out right lies and blatant misquoting of alternative sources.

The point is not where ever Qana was staged or not, it's in how the hype about it is being SPUN.

Anybody familiar with journalism and other more specialized ideological warfare methods will immediately recognize it for what it is.

A coordinated, massively funded, pro-Israel media campaign.

Want data? PM me.

As soon as anybody presents FACTS contrary to the presented version of events is immediately censored, posts are deleted and the member is insulted, isolate, labeled as a troll and banned PERMANENTLY, all in spite of clearly posted rules of conduct.

An age old, typical strategy covered in depth in just about any material relevant to discrediting of opposition.

Here's the current reality of war coverage by main stream media in Middle East.

Official news media is forcefully confined to pre-assigned "safe zones", in most cases a international hotel in the are of the conflict, for their own protection, and are reduced to reporting official press releases.

The aspect of "safety" is absolutely valid, since both US and Israeli forces literally opened an open season on journalist that refuse to be confined and actually venture into hot zones to do actual field work.

The standard practice of reporter ambushing by US/Israeli forces in Iraqi/Lebanese conflict is noting new, and score of journalists are literally being murdered, all while the facts of such ambushes are NOT reported in Western media.

Obviously clear footage of journalists being caught under direct and repeated fire by US/Israeli forces is abundant, while in every single instance such cases are labeled as "mistakes' by stressed out soldiers.

The fact that it is clear murder is simply a FACT. Unfortunately civilians routinely fall victims to indirect fire in various conflicts, yet when journalists clearly market by press IDs in clearly marked vehicles come under direct and repeated sniper fire, by very definition it's murder, aka war crime.

When a non-combatant is being purposefully and repeatedly targeted for elimination, it's called a war crime, regardless if it's a civilian or a press member.

That is precisely why currently the ONLY coverage from the actual hot zones is being done by freelancers. Contracted reporters employed by main stream media by their contractual obligations can not endanger them selves by leaving their "safe zone", they are INSURED, and that is why they are being regularly "embedded" into various military detachments to create the ILLUSION of an actual coverage.

The fact that US population is COMPLETELY isolated from alternative news sources, freelancers present a clear danger to the investments made into propaganda campaigns.

Only freelancers dare to venture into hot zones knowing all well that they are as much of a target as the combatants in that area.

That is precisely why the story about a clearly doctored photo is simply preposterous.

Reuters has a history of not folding under pressure from various interested parties, and the open war against the agency has been waged for a long time.

The fact that the pictures in question are altered so OBVIOUSLY altered, and that there is absolutely no shortage of photo opportunities of Lebanon bombings, raises a simple question. What is the need for such obviously and poorly doctored photos while bombing raids are conducted on DAILY bases?

Why alter the number of flares dropped by a F-16? Why add an extra bloom of smoke while the entire city is being bombarded?

So far what we do know, is that the photo journalist in question specializes in covering of sporting events, and obviously is not a combat correspondent.

To the ones familiar with various disinformation techniques, it stinks of a setup.

Naturally such a question will not be posed nor mentioned anywhere in US media, simply because it has no LOGICAL answer that can be consumed by the public.

After reading a number of articles, very little is mentioned about the freelancer him self (Hajj), and every article focuses on discrediting Reuters as an agency, thus neutralizing one of the few freelance material sources coming from Lebanon.

In order to show previous successful disinformation based discrediting opps, their indispensable value and power over reputable news sources, remember the littlegreenfootballs blog by Charles Johnson.

His blog was the first to "discover" the doctoring of Hajjs' photos, yet he is also well known for the "discovery" of the "Bush Texas National Guard Documents" forgery used by CBS news.

His "discovery" focused on the type style of the document, which physically could not date to 1972, yet the testimony of typist which originally typed the ORIGINAL document, states that information in the document is in in fact authentic in its entirety.

So we have a situation of an obviously forged document, which documents FACTUAL information, yet the merit of its information is not only discredited, but results in major restructuring of CBS news and termination of the show producer.

Again, it does not take a genius to figure out that falsified document planting is an age old special opp, reminiscent of the famous Watergate attempt.

This Reuters development is only another element of an enormous and long term opp aimed to discredit every reputable news source, and to sway the public towards a completely manufactured and totally controllable form of "digital" media.

Want examples? No need to venture anywhere far, how about some links posted on this very thread;

www.digitaljournalist.org...

web.israelinsider.com...

Faceless entities employing ENDLESS line of no name virtual reporters, credibility and allegiances of whom are conveniently berried in the tangled web of digital cyberspace.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
BINGO.

I hate being right, because it's only fun when you get payed for it.

FOX just ran a special on Reuters photos, and SPECIFICALLY mentioned greenlittlefootbals as a BLOG WATCHDOG for the media.

So these days in order to pitch the discrediting campaigns, all you need to do is to start a blog.

Naturally this particular "piece" is being pitched as proof of anti-Israel bias, with load sloguns like "the people want to know the truth."

Fun days we live in, pretty soon a snot nosed kid with a lolly pop will be pitching a national political report.

Good God, how did our country got this stupid in just 2 decades.

edit: I was just sloppy.

[edit on 12-8-2006 by iskander]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I knew something wasn't right. Keep in Mind 2 dates and 2 places.

Kfarshima, near Beirut, Lebanon, Monday, July 17, 2006.
Supposed take down of F-16

Christian area of Wadi Chahrour in the east of Beirut July 30th, 2006
Scene of notorious "Photos That Damn Hizbollah"

Monday July 17th this photo is released at CTV.ca News site. ( LOOK FAMILIAR?)
CTV.ca page

with this caption
Smoke billows from a blaze started by an explosion in Kfarshima, near Beirut, Lebanon, Monday, July 17, 2006
(LOOK FAMILIAR?)

Sunday July 30th. An amazing article surfaces immediately following accusations that arose from world consensus that Israel was targetting civilians, an article that Hizbollah was hiding behind civilians and they had pictures to prove it!

Up pop these pics with this caption
The photographs, from the Christian area of Wadi Chahrour in the east of Beirut, were taken by a visiting journalist and smuggled out by a friend.

(LOOK FAMILIAR?)

Then from this site emerge Photos saying that Reuters photos were fixed and up pops these pics
www.zombietime.com...
(HEY I've SEEN THIS POSE BEFORE!!!)

(LOOK FAMILIAR??)

(LOOK FAMILIAR?)

The original site which had shown the "Photos That Damn Hizbollah" no longer even shows the pictures on the page!
news.com.au

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oh yea, that right, THERE IS NO BOMBING OF LEBANON!

It's all a propaganda campaign orchestrated by the Hezbollah.

That's what it is.

All those mountains of daily rubble created out of blocks and blocks of civilian streets by Israeli air strikes and artillery, are just Hollywood special effects and models, all staged by Hizballiwood.

I believe the anti-Lebanon media campaign now, because that's what some blogs say, and stuff.

Foul! Somebody added incredibly obvious puffs of smoke to a picture, and some extra flares, so the war doesn't EXIST! It's all just a Photoshop created propaganda, that's right.

Lebanon is not turned into rubble by the most powerful war machine in the Middle East, no, it's only Israel that is suffering from missile strikes, launched by the treacherous Arabs, all under the coverage of their own propaganda campaign, and if ACTUALL SATELLITE pictures show that ENTIRE CITY BLOCKS have been LEVELED by Israeli, then the Hezbollah must have mined be buildings them selves.

This is how stupidly one must think to even consider that some clearly forged pictures can change the fact that Israel Attacks Lebanon and destroyed its entire infrastructure, attacked UN outposts, hunted down journalists, wiped out entire villages that were CHRISTIAN and had NOTHING to do with Hezbollah, destroyed entire CITY blocks that again had nothing to do with Hezbollah, and the list goes on.

If some of you are that gullible, stupid and illogical, and think that a half-assed disinformation campaign focusing on some freelancer which supposedly Photoshoped some pictures changes the fact of Israeli aggression, it's your prerogative.

Israel was formed, and is to this day is a REGIONAL COLONIAL POWER, supported ENTIRELY by its ORIGINAL BACKERS. US and Britain.

Any way you spin this, it's how it is. No forged pictures, cries of "foul", or any other disinformation trick will change that fact, ever.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
C'mon dude, this thread is about that some photos & incidents were staged/faked.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Regarding Qana and the UN observation post, is there any news on Israel's objective reports on the matter? Have they released the reports yet?

Guess what the final conclusion will be

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here is the actual video footage.

You need to see this.

Pallywood

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join