It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tar Baby bites Mitt Romney

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Man, I don't know how many times I was called a Honkey in High school.
Multiple dozens, hundreds..Something like that.

I was only offended in that these name callers didn't take the time to study my family tree.

However, I always took the time to correct them..
"It's Towel-Head.
I am a towel head, not a honkey."

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I really just don't understand how anyone can be stupid enough to use that phrase. I know its supposed to mean a big mess that, one you touch it, it sticks to ya. But, seriously, the 'other' meaning is just too nasty, really idiotic from a guy that wants to keep his political career alive.

Your right, just because a term, when used by the one saying it means something innocent, if in fact can be interpreted to be "hurtful" to another group should be outlawed, the one who spoke it should be ashamed.

Damn this nation and its political corectness! Even if he ment it in a derogatory way, it would be his right to say what ever the hell he felt like saying, if you don't like it dont vote for him?? But to have to publically apologize for something that was not even racist is in its self racist! Why must we always think twice, maybe three times even before speaking so as not to infringe on another mans overly sensitive feelings. Some one calls you a name, deal with it like a man and walk away don't go crying about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
In a way, I agree with you. In fact, let's rechristen the thread, "The Tar Baby against the Cracker-crats"!

The irony here, of course, is the posters in support of tar baby "play the victim" because they feel they are "censored" due to emotions relating to conscience and compassion for others.

No need for the consideration of other people. No way. Let us all be freed from having a bit of humanity for our fellow man!

Political correctness has been taken too far. If people, especially our politicians, can throw around a very sensitive term and get patted on the back for it, why should the rest of us be any different?

We should throw around these racist terms and just claim it has "many connotations" to absolve us of the guilt.

We are a society without feelings, are we not?

[edit on 5-8-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
I have no feelings about it. In the scheme of things, you have pretty much demonstrated your victimhood by the continuous whining that you do. Continue to do so. It gives me a lot of laughs akin to watching re-runs of "Archie Bunker".

The sad thing is when he was alive, Carroll O'Connor had qualms about his portrayal of Archie Bunker.

You, however, do not.

You call it whining, I call it calling a spade a spade. Or is that a forbidden racist term?

You just can't accept it that so many of the "leaders" that you worship are nothing more than run-of-the-mill racists. It must be hard to defend them when they keep screwing up.

I'm not a victim. Wait! Yes I am! I want reparations! I want quotas and preferential treatment. I want to stifle your 1st Amendment rights. I want to blame you for something that happened to my ancestors. I want to be The Angry White Man. And if you don't buy into everything I say, then you're a racist-victim-whiner.

And I have no qualms at all about it.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You don't need to demonstrate to me that you don't have qualms. I know you don't.

You can term this debate whatever you like. Instead of a spade, why not just say it's yet another tirade against being forced to accept diversity?

You are sorely mistaken if calling me a racist-victim-whiner truly bothers my sensitivities. You are certainly a card, I'll hand you that. But to be honest, I don't care. Thanks to this thread, I now know that "cracker-crat" is as good to use as tar baby.

And please. I never said I worship any of the leaders you accuse. That's just a simple misconstruing of the facts. But you're not a stranger to that.

You are a victim and play it to the degree of great pathos. And it's about time you own up to it since you like to bring up these threads with startling accuracy.

I think I should deserve reparations for just reading this bout of shame, victimization and race card playing to the nth degree.

Be the angry White man. But who truly gives a damn? You?

Careful. The welt from the tar baby is rising very high just like it did from biting Mitt Romney's behind.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
C'mon, ceci. Get it all out. Don't let up now - don't stop. It'll do you good to get rid of the bile - it's cathartic.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Believe me, it's not me who has the bile. You do with your particular brand of complaining.

You have your first Amendment right to say "tar baby", "spade" and "illegals". It just isn't moral to do so. But who cares about ethics or morality? Certainly not the starter of this thread.

So, it's a great lesson to learn. Ignore the offended and continue with the offense.

Done being the angry White Man yet? Or better yet, the "Angry, White, Cracker-crat?"

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It all stems from a lack of education and the desire for political power. A professor was harassed and force to resign for using the term niggardly. Journalists were castigated for calling the displaced Katrina victims refugees. Now, we have the tar baby flap.

You cannot placate the implacable.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Believe me, it's not me who has the bile. You do with your particular brand of complaining.

Done being the angry White Man yet? Or better yet, the "Angry, White, Cracker-crat?"

Don't forget to throw "Honkey" in there somewhere. How about "Redneck" while you're at it?

"Angry, White, Redneck, Honkey Cracker-crat". Feel better now?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I suppose you do since you're using the terms.

Like I said before, who gives a damn? Just take it as it is and accept it, like the "cracker-crat" you are.

Besides, your anger is misplaced. Dg called you a honkey. Not me.

And blame Jeff Foxworthy for the "redneck" business.

But isn't it nice to embrace the dark side? Once you go black you never come back.

Btw, Grady, education has nothing to do with this thread. No one cares. They just want to feel absolved so they can use offensive terms at will without the guardians of political correctness jumping on their back.

In that guise, "niggardly" is just the same as "cracker-crat" or "honkey" for that matter.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Nope, no anger here. Just a mild amusement at the rantings of "the guardian of political correctness".

And all along I thought this was about feigned racism. But I guess if one canard doesn't sell, you can always try another one, eh?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
But it isn't about feigned racism. It's about a lack of cultural senstivity and the double-standard of offensive words.

I'm glad you got a laugh about it, though. I did. I especially found it highly amusing that you would even bring this up. What's the matter? Feeling oppressed these days?

But I hardly qualify for a guardian of political correctness. For that, I leave to you and the rest of the clucking biddies who find themselves perturbed over every little statement that allows you to put on your mantle of victimhood.

After all, you're the one who brought up this topic just as you did about Greg Palast's article.

By definition, your merits afford you to be a "guardian of political correctness".

[edit on 6-8-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

It's about a lack of cultural senstivity ....

No. It's about a lack of education into multiple meanings of a term. It's about
wanting to dumb-down most of the country because a few people can't, or won't,
educate themselves to the fact that Tar Baby has many meanings and when used
in the way Tony Snow and Mitt Romney did it definately isn't racist.

It's just that simple. Crying wolf ... screaming 'racism' where non exists. Yep,
that certainly is good for 'the cause'.

Here's a clue. Educate yourself and those few people who don't understand
English. Then you won't look foolish screaming 'racism' where none exists and
you can go off and find some REAL racism.

You are ... you are .... you are ... blah blah blah

Oh .. and here's a clue ... whenever you are dead wrong you resort to telling
everyone who disagees with you (which is most of this board) that they are
racist. That's comical and dead wrong.

[edit on 8/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally quoted by Flyersfan

No. It's about a lack of education into multiple meanings of a term. It's about
wanting to dumb-down most of the country because a few people can't, or won't,
educate themselves to the fact that Tar Baby has many meanings and when used
in the way Tony Snow and Mitt Romney did it definately isn't racist.

It's just that simple. Crying wolf ... screaming 'racism' where non exists. Yep,
that certainly is good for 'the cause'.

Here's a clue. Educate yourself and those few people who don't understand
English. Then you won't look foolish screaming 'racism' where none exists and
you can go off and find some REAL racism.

Blah, blah, blah. Same old crap. Can't you find something new? Or are you that unilateral in your utterances that you can't think outside the box?

Oh .. and here's a clue ... whenever you are dead wrong you resort to telling
everyone who disagees with you (which is most of this board) that they are
racist. That's comical and dead wrong.

What's truly comical is you. You are a one-person punchline. Find any new lies about BET to relate yet?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Can't you find something new?

Oh gawd that was funny. Get a grip Ceci. As long as you
keep posting your 'everyone who disagrees with me is a racist' junk and as long
as you keep posting the 'poor us ... everything is racist' crap you will get the
same responses from the rest of us.

BTW .. you are still flat out wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally insulted by FlyersFan

Oh gawd that was funny. Look what the one trick pony said.

At least, the one-trick pony is more polished and refined than a single-minded, ignorant "cracker-crat".

I can also say I rather be a one-trick pony than a horse's behind. Being a horse's behind is all you ever could achieve in your galaxy of wrongness.

Oh gawd that was funny. Get a grip Ceci. As long as you
keep posting your 'everyone who disagrees with me is a racist' junk and as long
as you keep posting the 'poor us ... everything is racist' crap you will get the
same responses from the rest of us.

Trying to cover up your tracks? Such a cowardly act in the total name of victimization.

Seriously, you need to take a look at your own handiwork. You've been calling everyone an "Anti-white" racist who disagrees with you before I ever took membership here. And that's a long time for the same simplistic thinking.

And on this thread, I'm not complaining. You can say tar baby all you want without thinking of the offended. I just feel that as long as you have the right to say "tar baby", I have the right to say "cracker-crat" in the same way.

There's no racist crap to purport. So you are wrong on this degree as well. A pity, really. You're being given the green light to revel in your dance around the fire in praise of Joel Chandler Harris.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It all stems from a lack of education .......
You cannot placate the implacable.

You have voted GradyPhilpott for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have two more votes this month.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well, look just what came out from the horse's behind. So much for education and intellect. We might as well be in the dark ages.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Well, look just what came out from the horse's behind. So much for education and intellect. We might as well be in the dark ages.

... like I said ....... insults everyone who disagrees. Insults everyone who is better
educated. How predictable. How very sad. How very against the rules ....

Are you that unilateral in your utterances that you can't think outside the box?

backatchya

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Backatchya? Is that some "cracker-crat" speak or something? I notice you say that everytime you're about to put on the mantle of victimhood. Boy. Talk about piffly replies from the horse's behind. I guess other things come out of there besides hot air.

Originally insulted by FlyersFan
...insults everyone who is better educated.

Better educated? You?

I'm sorry. I thought you were joking there. It'd be a shame if you weren't. If you are at the top of the intelligentsia in America, we are further down the dark hole of hell than I ever thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join