It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryonics-Does the soul live on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I was watching a documentry about Cryonics, and how people are frozen, until there is technology able to cure there "problem" and then be brought back to life.

But a thought occurred to me, what about the soul, if one believes we have a soul then surely you would be the same person you was when frozen?
Isn't that defying God/Creator himself, because if one believes we have a soul, then surely they believe in a creator?

Here's the link for Cryonics.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sorry if this is the wrong topic, i wasn't sure which one to post in.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
An interesting collision between the science of medicine and religious doctrine. I think Medical Issues & Conspiracies will be fine.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How can it be a sin against God/creator?

Didn't God/creator give us the ability to do this in the first place?

hehe, I know, old argument.

Mariella

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There is no soul.
BUT, if you are inclined to believe in silly books written 1000's of years ago, then there is a soul, for which you can debate on this forum until you are blue in the face.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I dont believe in the soul.

If we get the technology to unfreeze people some time, they will be 100% like they were before, IF the cells hasnt taken any damage, mainly because of water-crystalisation but also other crystalisation-processes..

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Isn't that defying God/Creator himself, because if one believes we have a soul, then surely they believe in a creator?

Sorry if this is the wrong topic, i wasn't sure which one to post in.

Ever talk to the Creator...all knowing, everywhere God who is all powerful but never had time to talk to anyone. Hmmm, not sure he exist., anyway on to your statement...

What soul...why is there got to be a soul...what part of it is you? Its not your mind? YOur mind are all responces from the very moment that the "computer" programming happened at birth...cause and effect...nothing original.

Can you freeze a soul?

You know there was a jewish dude who basically died...he was very ill...his family prayed hard for him to live. He did, but was different. He was like a doctor or something before then gave it all up to be something else like a painter. His interest changed, et.

Now the family had what they were familiar with, but whose the dude...did his soul leave and he get a new one.

Now as far as judaism is concerned (chrisianity for that matter as they are linked) believes in 5 levels of the soul.)

If you want to dig further read the jewish book gates of reincarnation...interesting read...

peace

dalen

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

You know there was a jewish dude who basically died...he was very ill...his family prayed hard for him to live. He did, but was different. He was like a doctor or something before then gave it all up to be something else like a painter. His interest changed, et.

Now the family had what they were familiar with, but whose the dude...did his soul leave and he get a new one.

Reminds me of when a heart patient say, gets a new heart, then takes on some characteristic of the donor, whether it be a hobby, or memories.
Seems a lot of you don't believe you have a soul, i believe we do....

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Denied]

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Seems a lot of you don't believe you have a soul, i believe we do....

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Denied]

Hey, totally cool to believe in a soul, if that floats your boat.

Where Im coming from is that people in authority (parents, religion, etc.), have told us to believe in the existence of a soul since our birth.
With such a wiring in the brain from a conditioned idea given from birth from authority, is is amazing that anyone can entertain the idea there is not a soul.

I simply got tired of believing what everyone said.
Doesnt mean I am saying it doesnt exist, I dont have conclusive evidence, I dont belived to disprove its existence...on the other hand, with what evidence there currently is, its not looking promising. (just words...again, Im not the almighty, so I have no clue.)

We are like computers. When a baby is born, its like software being written to hardware.
Seems like all cause and effect. We respond based on programming...all thoughts come from sensational input. (or not) But it is an interesting subject.

What if we dont have sould. What is Solomon didnt lie...we go back to where we came from, the dirt, and thats it...period? What is the grander scheme of things? I dont know...I will find out...
I say "Dalen!"...(while I have breath, I have hope)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

But a thought occurred to me, what about the soul, if one believes we have a soul then surely you would be the same person you was when frozen?

- if the soul stays while the body is here...then cyronics would keep your soul here too.
- unless, like I have read that the soul can enter a body even after the "baby" is born.
(this is a touchy subject from a religous point of view, of when does human life begin...but this is from a religious source...so who knows.)

- defying the creator...Im doint that as I type.
The creator as spoken by main stream religions...I turn my back on, and am more powerful.
(again, I state the creator that main stream religion talk about. as for what started it all...i sure didnt...
Im a microscopic virus in the depths of all of it. :lol

Point being, is we dont need to be worried about offending an almighty creator, if it bothers him/her/it, then the almighty creator can verbally tell face to face the person that needs to know.

To much fear in religion, yet Jesus for the Christians, teaches opposite of that. (as does other religions when you get past the dogma)

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
For those of you who dont believe or are unsure we have a soul spend some time and read these links. Its scientific and empirical evidence for the existance of the soul.

www.healthsystem.virginia.edu...
www.brianweiss.com...
www.johnemackinstitute.org...
www.cfpf.org.uk...
www.victorzammit.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
For those of you who dont believe or are unsure we have a soul spend some time and read these links. Its scientific and empirical evidence for the existance of the soul.

Thanks for the links.
I guess when I die I will let you all know if I have a soul.
But therein lies the problem...no one that has died, been in the ground, cremated, etc. has ever "risen". And I will only take proof from if I see it myself. (call me super doubting Thomas, or doubting dalen
)

Again, I cannot say this 100%, I see truth, and at this point the soul is usually put together with the concept of immortality...which in case, the only scientific proof is if I go to the grave and see my father in law rise up.

Now if the soul to is mortal, then there is not need for the big fuss over its existence, unless it can discover immortality somehow.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Again, I cannot say this 100%, I see truth, and at this point the soul is usually put together with the concept of immortality...which in case, the only scientific proof is if I go to the grave and see my father in law rise up.

Your welcome for the links.

I would read Dr. Ian Stevensons studies done at the University Of Virgina for the past 25 years on Near Death Experiences and the reincarnation stories of the children from all over the world. Very compelling evidence for the existance of life after death or the continuation of our consciousness in another non physical demension.

I would also read the link about quantum physics and the soul....well credentialed PHd's from around the world have some great information.
www.victorzammit.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would say "Yes," and "No," because I think the Mind may just act as the "Seat of the Soul" but maybe not, how rational and irrational do you want to be and what philosophical system do you want to conform to, as in the "Psyche" - are in Atta or Atman.

I would say that our Mind's are the wellstuff of Soul's and they come from KIA and go back to KIA again, so therefore we are not enslaved to Flesh & Bone, as we are cage patterned to Cerebral Spinal Fluid's.

Whether a Higher Mind exists which we can compute and call God is a different matter, I find anything Disassociated can become Powerful.

So one hand God can exist as a Man, a Woman, an Animal, a Theriomorph, etc.. in fact Kia, that is the Noosphere may exist as God. That is the Sphera of all known Information's.

Is God the Akasha?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There are a lot of open minded and great thinkers here. Back in the 70's a University Proffesor and Cardiac care doctor teamed up to find out the answer to this very question. They outfitted a number of beds in a terminal care facility with scales. What they discovered was that at the time of death all the bodies lost exactly one ounce in weight. Their final determination was that the soul leaves at death and weighs one ounce.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by brendabengs
There are a lot of open minded and great thinkers here. Back in the 70's a University Proffesor and Cardiac care doctor teamed up to find out the answer to this very question. They outfitted a number of beds in a terminal care facility with scales. What they discovered was that at the time of death all the bodies lost exactly one ounce in weight. Their final determination was that the soul leaves at death and weighs one ounce.

I have heard of that study also. I find it very fascinating. I guess we will all find out for sure someday.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well this thread was revived after a couple years of being frozen

I don't think the soul belongs to the body to begin with. So I would say, whatever brought the soul to the body when the body was alive, could again bring the soul back when the body is revived.

join