It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN issues Iran nuclear deadline!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The UN Security Council has passed a resolution giving Iran a month to suspend uranium enrichment or face possible sanctions.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So Iran has until September 1st to make up its mind on what action to take.

With the current turmoil between Israel and Hezbollah and now the "threat" of sanctions, and the U.N finally drawing a close to this issue - what will be the outcome?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
this is comical. It will amount to nothing and the UN is in no position to do anything with all that is happening in the Middle East. Iran will say that this is more pro-Israel stuff and they will work the angle.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i agree. they sure are getting all the time they want to do whatever it is they want, it seems. dosent make too much sense to me

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thought it was August 31st. Anyways, have the Iranians not already missed a deadline on this issue? Think they did. UN....

Worthless waste of money and energy, UN will issue the warning blah blah blah Iran won't comply so we give them a new warning and.. you guessed it.. nothing will be done.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
More discussion here:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Somewhere here I read that Iran was going to make a statement reguarding this issue on August 22nd.

The 9-1 deadline will correspond with the increase of U.S. troops heading to Iraq to assist with a bagdad security?

My guess is that Iran will test it's weapon on the 22nd, and hopefully it's over Iran and not over Israel!

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
We give em a warning, they tell us to screw off so we screw around for a few more weeks deciding to issue another warning and they tell us to screw off. So then we say ok we're going to actually do something and then they say we wanna talk so we back down and they tell us to screw off......same ol stuff as with Iraq, NK...

The UN is a powerless entity that is just another govt to wasnt money and try to increase its power. The US is the biggest teeth in the UN's mouth and its busy right now.

new topics

top topics

join