It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this ANGEL LIGHT: Revisted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Crazy..

www.royalsoc.ac.uk...

..look at the device in the photos.. DOESN'T IT.. look like the one from back here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

.. Doesn't it?? I mean, not GREAT photos.. but still. Why is there no VIDEO of this thing in action?

Is this propaganda or something.. SOMETHING.. is very strange about the development of this technology. And I gotta wonder.. if private companies (orgs) are ANNOUNCING that they have this tech.. just how long has the government had it and been using it, and for what (because otherwise I WOULD ASSUME that the gov would just SWEEP down on this and hide it for military use anyways).

Very interesting no?

-VMX

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There is a video I have it. I don't rember what it is called. But it was a Japanese Vid. They made a jacket out of it. WICKED, I can't wait until it gets released.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The photo in the royal soc bit is a photoshop to be dramatic. The alternate text is "This is what you'd see if the effect worked with the atoms in your hand", which is a bit of a giveaway.

It doesn't.

If you read the actual published tech paper, they managed to entrain the plasmon states in a monatomic layer of one material for a few nanoseconds.

Now they're after more funding. It's not like you do that by saying "Wow, we managed this just well enough to detect that it happened. It's not like you could actually see it or something. So, give us a lot more money to run the lab, pay our salaries, and let us hire a few more grad students at a pittance, and we'll go play with it some more, maybe in a few years we can manage to do it for 100 microseconds"

Nope, that doesn't get you the big bucks. What you say is "If you fund us some more, we will make you a Harry Potter ray gun, maybe" knowing all the while that you aren't. But the politicos have the money, and they don't understand what you're doing anyway, and by the time you don't come up with it, they will have been ousted from office or forgotten you.

join