It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus Pro Israel? Think Again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Now you would have thought this was such a silly question. To say its politicising religion is an underestimate; and anyway why would Jesus support the 1947 U.N ruling which gave 3.5% of Palestine population 54% of the land (mostly with zero compensation). politics.abovetopsecret.com...

And why would he support what’s going on in Lebanon when the ratio of deaths is at least 10 to 1? I think any Jesus supportive of Israel is probably Jesus the militarist, Jesus the Antichrist!!
Even in life he rejected much of Jewish religion (hence Christianity rose after his death from Judaism because of “heretical” teachings). And I know he once said something along the lines “I am not here to preach to the good, but to save the bad” (I also know it’s not in those words, but that’s how I remember it).

However the Philadelphia Trumpet takes a different view. This is both a magazine and an internet publication by Christian evangelical Fundamentalists. I call it the “Christian Taliban” but it is something I enjoy reading (even if I disagree with it).

Here’s some interesting links from it…
www.thetrumpet.com...
Ok so the western media (which barely mentions the ten to one death ratio, the fact that though many rockets are fired many do nothing more than land in fields, or empty building because the Israel’s manly advanced air raid sirens have gone; yes this western media which is dominated by many pro Israeli individuals (often who happen to be Jewish), this media which seems to give not a ratio of 10 to 1 minutes of airtime for Israel but instead 50, 50 is “exaggerating-emphasizing” the Israeli tacks out of all proportion and is therefore biased; and unduly helping Hezbollah win the PR battle.

Well if it’s so biased I just wish they would spend more time analysing why terrorist infrastructure like airports, power stations, grain elevators, ambulances have been repeatedly bombed. I guess those Israel laser guided bombs must be rather like terrorist rockets (super inaccurate).

www.thetrumpet.com...
Here is another article (same date) same theme.

www.postchronicle.com... They sponsored this link. “Media turns against Israel” “many wondered how long it would take”

My Interpretation…
Ah!!! We can’t have western media turn against Israel that doesn’t support the other side of the argument it also supports terrorist. Therefore we must never admit the terrorist have an argument too (unless of course it’s a c**p one). Instead we must keep to the Israeli side because they are the holy land, and they are right? The western media should never have turned against Israel because it must only be pro Israel. Our arguments can’t stand up against this terrorist propaganda, they can’t cope with it, instead feel sorry them (and us). It’s very, very dangerous, be afraid, be afraid (alternative views are everywhere).

If in doubt about this “Christian” magazines agenda see their front page.
www.thetrumpet.com...
If in doubt about their self proclaimed Christianity see their about us section: www.thetrumpet.com... hay noticed how foreign many of their sir names are? Wonder how many could Jewish, pro Jewish extremist Zionist?

So Dear ATS…

Am I wrong? Is Jesus a loyal Jew to the state of Israel? Or could he be a bit of a rebel? (perhaps even deserving of a modern day cluster bomb crucifixion).
What I want to know is what are these people’s religious reasons for apparently religiously believing that Israel is such a great nation? (Unlike the one who’s church is divorced from God as foretold in the End time Revelations). (The Philadelphia Trumpet talks a lot about revelations by the way and told me about the ungodly state of the Church in these prophesied times).
However you would have thought the trumpets writers would have some evidence which explicitly has Jesus say something like “I am pro Israel, will always be loyal to Israel, and expect all my followers to be as well”.
I actually sent them a complaint (with questions) but… they haven’t replied (same is true about another one I sent more than a month ago).

Maybe you know of somewhere where Jesus proclaims his Israeli loyalty?

Because in the absence of that I think the Church of England should sue the Philadelphia Trumpet for misrepresentation (not that it will actually happen).

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You're so right! Zionist are using Jesus name to serve their cause, they are doing blasphemy by using it for killing civilians and for their plan of expansion at the expense of everyone else. Also, Jesus was for the love with everyone and zionist are doing hate against almost everyone, even their ally, USA.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ARGH! that you even suggest such a thing is offensive to me.... jesus would take no political side as we are all God's children.

YOU are no different than the taliban in your post by using religion to sway a political point of view and you disgust me to no end. Not to mention the rest of ATS that spits on the Lord's name unless it benefits them to use it to prove their point of view.

(personal insult removed)
Reminder To All Members
Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 7-31-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
XphilesPlan are you stupid or something? Because when you think about it (if you think) you’ll realise that its not me you should be disgusted at but the Philadelphia Trumpet (who amongst others) use god, the bible, Jesus and quotes from the book of Revelations to rally people into supporting The Holy Sand; and being fearful and pro war towards Iran.
If you think the Philadelphia Trumpet doesn’t do that then I respect what you say about being “disgusted” at me. However I would like to see you argue that point because I think its plain to everyone who visits their website (let alone reads their magazine) that you would be wrong.

The reason why I'm asking whether Jesus is pro Israel is because (given that these people have a circulation) there must be a lot of people out there who do think Jesus is pro Israel. I would quite like to learn from them why Jesus takes such a political line, why we have a religious obligation to support Israel (or at least attack Iran) (or anything else that gets us involved in Armageddon). I am genuinely interested; and will obviously argue my case. However if their argument isn’t built on sand then who knows; perhaps with the help of righteousness they must win?

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Jesus is pro love and anti hate. it has nothing to do with politics.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
You're so right! Zionist are using Jesus name to serve their cause, they are doing blasphemy by using it for killing civilians and for their plan of expansion at the expense of everyone else. Also, Jesus was for the love with everyone and zionist are doing hate against almost everyone, even their ally, USA.

Have not heard the Israeli .. Sorry I am talking to a Liberal who likes to think they know what they are talking about... "Zionist" Yeah thats scery Zionist.. I have not heared them mention "Jesus" at all.. I have not heared them mention anything besides Terrorism, I have heared Christians trying to get Christians to Support Israel, not Israel lobbying for Christians.

Secondly, using Jesus to further your political agenda is usless and tiresome around here, you do not know what "Jesus" said did or would have done as the man has since been dead some 2,000 years.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Some people take "WWJD?" too seriously. If Jesus were alive today, he'd probably be flying around and throwing missles into space. He's just that kind of guy.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Rockpuck (with respect) I think you seriously need to consider getting some better translating software. I don’t know about the rest of ATS but I really couldn’t understand what you were trying to say here

Have not heard the Israeli .. Sorry I am talking to a Liberal who likes to think they know what they are talking about... "Zionist" Yeah thats scery Zionist..

But I did understand what you said here…

I have heared Christians trying to get Christians to Support Israel, not Israel lobbying for Christians.

But then; maybe you haven’t heard of the Friends of Israel organisation? This recruits people towards supporting Israeli interests (regardless of their religion).
Its supporters are often called Zionists because Zionists tend be extreme supporters of Israel.
I think Vitchilo was just trying to say that since the likes of the Philadelphia Trumpet are so supportive of Israel; and since they market themselves as a Christian publication; it has been infiltrated by Zionists.

But maybe he’s wrong? Maybe it hasn’t been infiltrated at all?
Maybe there are some quite good reasons for why Jesus is pro Israel?
Trouble is that so far I haven’t heard them at all from anyone. Which is kind of odd given how pro Israel the Philadelphia Trumpet (and other similar publications is) (as a trip to their website will tell you).

The absence of reasons for Jesus being pro Israel given on this thread so far would indicate that Vitchilo is right; that the Philadelphia Trumpet has indeed been infiltrated by Zionists.
After all how can it not be infiltrated if there is no religious background to this (apparently Christian magazines) pro Israel religious stance?

But we can wait.

I know the majority of Christians believe Jesus doesn’t take a political stance. But then the Philadelphia Trumpet isn't run by the majority of Christians is it? It’s these people I want to here more from (or at least those of you who know of them). I want to know why (according to them) Jesus is pro Israel, or at least why the so called Church of God believes in being pro Israel. That was the point of this post.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well, if there is no Israel how can the Apocalypse occur? If there's no Apocalypse, then why would Jesus come back? Everyone knows Jesus likes to party, and everyone knows Earth has the best parties.

Basically, Jesus is Pro-Israel because Jesus is Pro-Party. In order for him to go to an awesome Earth party, he needs to come back to Earth. In order for him to come back to Earth, he needs the Apocalypse to occur so he can ride on his rainbow horse or w/e. My theory comes directly from the Bible. Just read in-between the lines....backwards.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Can I just point out that there is no evidence that Jesus sonofagod ever existed (the bible is not evidence and neither is Tolkein)

"Jesus" is/was more than likely a loose collection of pagan messiah prophecies, and a not uncommon name circa biblical times (lest we forget there were 2 Jesus' up for crucifiction release fom the Romans)

So to conclude were probably a few physical entities called "Jesus" along the way - none of them had super powers ()

As for the Holy Land it is just that, no one denomination has a right to it. I don't think Super-Powered Jesus would approve

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
Jesus is pro love and anti hate. it has nothing to do with politics.

Yes the real human Jesus was anti-hate but he into politics as any other of their time.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

quote:is Yasha pro- israel ?-------think again

what is there to think about ?He loves His own people even though they rejected Him and still do.He came and died for them and all others (no matter what their nationalities)that want to live their lives the way He commands us.

He grieved over being able to see into the future what His people's rejection of Him would bring upon themselves(matthew23:37-39)

in matthew16:18 He says He would build His church---------but what you see of the main religions in this present world is not His church-------those that comprise His church are scattered as the salt of the earth and are despised----and even when there are enough of them that can associate together as a small group they are usually not totally doing what Messiah commands us to do in our daily lives.

in revelation3:20 you come to the end time remnents of G-D's church and what you see is Messiah locked outside of its doors with Him knocking on the door to come in.

if His church is in such a sad state at this present time then it doesn't take too much imagination to figure out that the present main religion of israel that was hijacked after the destruction of the temple in 70ce and altered from that of the aaronic/levitical priesthood has as much authority over G-D's people as the "christian"? religion that was hijacked and altered approximately 110ce(the key of truth by fred coneybeare 1828)

new topics

top topics

join