It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen control, it's getting worse.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Stop acting like curfews are something new. I'll take bets that there is a curfew law on the books almost everywhere you go. These laws just haven't been enforced. This rash of curfew is just the politicians way of saying "Hey look at me I did something!". This is just the politicians playing to the over 60 crowd. Look at the percentage of registered voters and you will understand why politicians pander to the over 60 crowd.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thats a load of bull. Im 19 now but when i was 15 and 16 i was running my own business and doing alot of stuff many adults couldnt ever manage to do themselves. I was still doing activities for my school past 10PM on many ocasions. I remember Where i lived there was a curfew for teens under 18 at 10PM and it was just such a punch in the face. I think it should be up to the parents not the government. Im happy i wasnt babied when i was younger, i grew up and learned how to take care of myself with the excess freedom i was given. Maybee The govornment thinks it can keep peoples open mindedness down by keeping their developement reduced thus making it easier to manage the masses here in the US. Well this all seems pretty stupid compared to what is really goign on with our rapidly declinning economy. There will be a point in my lifetime where i will feel that raisign my own children would just be a waste of time becasue the world they would have to grow up in would be worse than never being born at all. I want children but i dont think i could bare the world they would have to live in come 40or so years from now, if we can even make it that far.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There are a few people at that age who can funtion in society... However that laws is focusing more on a majority basis. I don't see that much of a problem with it... However, im living in NZ where at 16, your able to legally have sex, leave school, leave home, be employed full-time, and in no way is there a law-enforced curfew

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is insane. What they're saying is that the laws before weren't working so now let's create a new law (that won't work). If a kid is going to commit a crime arrest him then not for something as stupid as a curfew which is a victimless crime, unless of course you count the innocent kid out past 10 as a victim for being arrested for doing nothing. Hey let's create yet another criminal class...NOT.

If a kid is going to break the law, he's going to break the curfew. What in the world were they thinking when they passed this law. They must not have ever had kids or even known any. I wonder what reality, if any, they live in? It should be up to the parents to decide I think most parents are capable of doing that. This is basically MARTIAL LAW for anyone under 18. And we wonder what is happening to our youth and why.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well-spoken. If i were a kid living in washington, id be furious at the thaught of being told to stay indoors past 10. i mean, come on. 10 oclock on a friday / saturday night is early in ANYONES perspective!

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Man, I agree with you 100%. Hell, if it were up to me, most teenagers would be in gulags.

Hell YEAH LOL... Gulags! That's the answer

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
So, a 15 YO, working on a school project late cannot go up to the corner Kinkos because you all think he/she will be "smoking pot" and "commiting crimes"?

What about sending her to the white hen at 11p to get me some milk? Crime?

Some of us are able to raise kids well and the gov't has no right to limit the access of these good kids.

Kids on the street at ANY time are OK as long as they are NOT commiting a crime.... If they are ARREST THEM FOR THAT CRIME (i.e. "smoking pot")

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I don't say, nor believe, that ALL teenagers are thugs and criminals but having a curfew will keep the “innocent” innocent! This will stop them from being approached and swayed into crime by other teenagers who are criminals. It’s like putting up a wall to keep the innocent out. Once they climb over the fence they become criminals. Why leave the door open for the possibility. Yes, some teenagers are brought up well but to be honest, if I had a teenager I wouldn’t want to have to called to a police station to bail him/her out or worry where he/she is at midnight. Is she ok? Is he doing something he shouldn’t? It is simple caring I believe. There HAVE to be boundaries and I believe a curfew can assist parents in protecting their kids.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Perants need to start smaking the young ones in control

When i get kids im going to hit my kids when they r bad

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13

And what happened to "innocent until proven guilty?" IMO, it is up to parents to handle their children until they actually break a law...and I don't mean some silly curfew. I love how they think they can legislate parenting.

Every kid on the streets past 10 isn't necessarily "smokin drugs" or breaking any law at all. Sometimes we were looking for places to have unprotected sex...

with both parents working nowadays or it being a one parent household it only makes sense that we have alot more problems with kids these days. i dont know about a curfew but i think the problem could be solved right at home. i dont think my parents generation had any problems like we do but then again when they did stuff that was wrong they paid the price as a teenager right at home.

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I'm guessing none of you that have posted so far live in and around D.C.?

The crime rate this summer has been out of control. The D.C. police are woefully understaffed, the mayor is more interested in traveling abroad then taking care of the city and the two parent home is in the minority.

The curfew probably isn't the best solution, but it beats the hand wringing, woe is us attitued that the mayor and city council have been doing. When the majority of parents can't properly rear their children because they haven't the skills the cycle will continue.

All of that said, not all of D.C. is that way. There are areas of the city that are trying to change.

When I was a teen it was my parents that instituted my curfew. Since it seems the parents in D.C. aren't able to control their own children the city has to step in.

[edit on 18-8-2006 by Katolu]

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Pesky kids!

Wish they'd do something like that in my area, not much fun getting woken up at 3 in the morning by pissed up 16year olds kicking stuff, and shouting and screaming in the street.

Why can't they go and get trashed in a beetroot field like a decent human being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join