It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox reporting Israel warships hit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
well, the zionist media would like you to believe that the israeili army is invincible.

I found the following sites reporting it after a quick Google News Search:

Hezbollah hits Israeli warship

Middle East conflict esclates, Hizbollah strikes Israeli warship

[edit on 31-7-2006 by proprog]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thompsonite

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's not so black and white as you guys want to paint it, When Hezbollah parks its missiles in the middle of a civilian neighborhood and attacks Israeli citizens, is it wrong for Israel to retaliate and take out the missile even though there is collateral damage to innocent civilians on the other side?

You might want to reverse that question, as it was Israel who bombed Civilian Infrastructure and murdered Civilians first, not the other way round. Hez'bollah captured Soldiers and attacked a Military post, and then Israel bombed the hell out of everything. Only then did Hez'bollah Rockets start flying, remember? I wonder how this will affect your answer to your own question.

Oh, wait where are those hezbollah military posts? Are they clearly marked as "terrorist posts"? What defines a hezbollah post? Should we look for concertina wire, a guard shack and a hezbollah flag? What uniform are these hezbollah soldiers wearing, and when did they sign the geneva convention? Which by the way forbids soldiers to take cover in civilian areas. I'm just curious, if Israel wanted to just bomb the terrorist posts where would they bomb exactly?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman
Oh, wait where are those hezbollah military posts? Are they clearly marked as \\\"terrorist posts\\\"? What defines a hezbollah post? Should we look for concertina wire, a guard shack and a hezbollah flag? What uniform are these hezbollah soldiers wearing, and when did they sign the geneva convention? Which by the way forbids soldiers to take cover in civilian areas. I\\\'m just curious, if Israel wanted to just bomb the terrorist posts where would they bomb exactly?

I am afraid that person can no longer reply to you, as he, or she, is quite banned. Allow me, though; First off, this is not conventional Warfare, it is a Guerrilla War. In this degree of Warfare, blending in with the population is an old and well used Guerrilla tactic, especially in Urban Guerrilla Wars, obviously. Secondly:

Guerrillas are in danger of not being recognized as lawful combatants because they may not wear a uniform, (to mingle with the local population), or their uniform and distinctive emblems may not be recognised as such by their opponents. Article 44, sections 3 and 4 of the 1977 First Additional Protocol to the Geneva Conventions, \\\"relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts\\\", does recognise combatants who, due to the nature of the conflict, do not wear uniforms as long as they carry their weapons openly during military operations. This gives non-uniformed guerrillas lawful combatant status against countries that have ratified this convention.

en.wikipedia.org...

Guerrilla warfare operates with small, mobile and flexible combat groups called cells, without a front line. Guerrilla warfare is one of the oldest forms of asymmetric warfare. Primary contributors to modern theories of guerrilla war include Mao Zedong, Abd el-Krim, T.E. Lawrence, Wendell Fertig, Regis Debray, Vo Nguyen Giap, Josip Broz Tito, Michael Collins, and Che Guevara. Later students of guerrilla warfare included Swiss Major Hans von Dach who wrote the now widely available Swiss Army field manual \\\"Total Resistance\\\".

Was the Swiss Major a Terrorist? I might also add, that calling Ernesto Guevara De La Serna a Terrorist will get you beaten to death, in some South American regions. I encourage you to read further into that article. This is Guerrilla Warfare, they are not Cowards, they are just seriously outmanned, and outgunned. Think.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by lieutenant commander data]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

IDF is denying any of their ships were hit.

We all know Israel has a DIRTY habit of denying the truth for the sake of national security, just ask Mordechai Vanunu

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Was the Swiss Major a Terrorist? I might also add, that calling Ernesto Guevara De La Serna a Terrorist will get you beaten to death, in some South American regions. I encourage you to read further into that article. This is Guerrilla Warfare, they are not Cowards, they are just seriously outmanned, and outgunned. Think.

I did think. This is not a guerrilla war, these are a bunch of terrorists who are encouraged to commit terrorism by Syria and Iran and then supplied with weapons and training by them. This is not the Lebanese army but a relativly small bunch of no good thugs who care little about their own neighbors and country. Hezbollah is not supported by the majority of the Lebanese people but by two neighboring countries. And I don't know if "the Swiss major" was a terrorist, was he paid, trained and armed by another country in order to begin a war? My guess is no. So you think.

"The guerrilla band is an armed nucleus, the fighting vanguard of the people. It draws its great force from the mass of the people themselves. The guerrilla band is not to be considered inferior to the army against which it fights simply because it is inferior in fire power. Guerrilla warfare is used by the side which is supported by a majority but which possesses a much smaller number of arms for use in defense against oppression." (from Guerrilla Warfare, 1960) How do I highlight this as an external source?

Hmmmm I don't think Che would agree that Hezbollah is a guerrilla army do you? Your argument does not apply.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by stanstheman]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I dont beleive the numbers of civilian/hez deaths is quite accurate.
What differentiates a civilian to a militia fighter when they are both corpes on the ground, wearing civilian clothes?

Im sure the civilian death toll is higher, much higher, but to spout of the figures being given is deluded.

Both sides will over doo the death count, especially hezbollahs version.
I know there not related, but isnt it in some terrorist hand books to deliberatley lie about such topics, to influence western media?

Id say alot of hezbollah have been killed,
either the force/impact and size of missle that was sent in to shake there hand either obliterated them beyond recognition, thus no body to count, or that father figure on the ground whom looks like a peaceful man, is really a militia.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It is quite true that the warship was hit and Israel denied it like a child would deny stealing candy and not be caught:

CNN article

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   
That article you posted ben91069 was from July 16th. An Israeli ship was hit back around then, but I still see nothing confirmed from today as Hezbollah claimed.

[edit on 8/1/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

That article you posted ben91069 was from July 16th. An Israeli ship was hit back around then, but I still see nothing confirmed from today as Hezbollah claimed.

[edit on 8/1/2006 by djohnsto77]

My bad dj. I did not know there have been two different said attacks. I stand corrected.

ky

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Thing is, people keep calling Hisbollah Terrorists.

For terrorists its quite normal to kill civilians to get their point across, thats what makes terrirists so evil.

But what do we see, Hisbollah started this mess by kidnapping 2 soldiers and like this thread reports, is attacking military installations (granted, a bunch of their missiles did hit civilian targets but casualties are very low).

Then you get an official military force for a country doing what we state terrorists do, killing civilians, but in massive numbers, it should call for outrage all around the world, including the US.

When Saddam gassed his own people and invaded the Kurds and when in Kosovo they were killing all the muslims, the US was outraged by it.

But Israel does it and its all ok?

but what you have to know is that because the isreal civilian casualty rate was low w/ the missles launched means that hezbollah failed in their mission. do you really believe that hezbollah (funded by Iran & Syria) only wants to kill isreali soldiers? THey want Isreal blown off the map. they have said it. and that includes civilians my friend. but that is all just fine and dandy. but lets harp on Isreal for defending itself. whatever. I hope the Isreal soldiers wup some ass in the next few weeks.

ky

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
if im going to post about this conflict i should at least get my spelling correct. "Israel"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join