It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fox reporting Israel warships hit

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
I can assure you, no 4 month olds and 12 yr olds wear them


I dunno' about that -
news.bbc.co.uk...

Seriously though .. babies are not terrorists but if their parents are; and if their
parents launch rockets from their home and attack Israel from there; then Israel
has a right to defend itself and it's the fault of the parents for putting their children
in harms way.

The rockets are hidden in civilian structures; in mosques that are supposed to be
used for 'the religion of peace'; in towns and villages full of civilians ... and the
Hezbollah hide behind the civilians ... or WITH the civilians in the cases where the
civilians back them.

If they don't want civilians hit .. then leave Israel alone and stop rocketing them.
It's very simple.




posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ImJaded
I can assure you, no 4 month olds and 12 yr olds wear them


I dunno' about that -
news.bbc.co.uk...

Seriously though .. babies are not terrorists but if their parents are; and if their
parents launch rockets from their home and attack Israel from there; then Israel
has a right to defend itself and it's the fault of the parents for putting their children
in harms way.

The rockets are hidden in civilian structures; in mosques that are supposed to be
used for 'the religion of peace'; in towns and villages full of civilians ... and the
Hezbollah hide behind the civilians ... or WITH the civilians in the cases where the
civilians back them.

If they don't want civilians hit .. then leave Israel alone and stop rocketing them.
It's very simple.


I completely agree. Of course Israel is being blamed (yet again) by the general mass media. The fact of the matter Hezbollah are cowards. If a true war was to be fought they would lose, so what better than to risk innocents getting hurt and it being reported by the media?

If my country was to be invaded, I for one wouldn't hide behind innocents and let them get hit. If they are 'defending' their country, surely they aren't going the right way about it by letting women, children and innocent men die.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Knights]



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yes poor Israel always blamed for things they never do. Always blamed but yet never held responsible for. Thats the problem. Thats true cowardice.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Yes poor Israel always blamed for things they never do. Always blamed but yet never held responsible for. Thats the problem. Thats true cowardice.


I presume this was a reply to my post?

I think you can read I did not justify Israels actions once in my post. I am well aware of the civilian casualties on both sides.

Israel is condemned in general by the mass media and thus by many, if not the majority in the general public. All too often the media reports on Israeli attacks.

A weaker foe would be stupid to go against a stronger force and thus would want to creative emotive reports, create a mass public disapproval against Israel. It makes me sick how Hezbollah uses such puppets to generate a response from the media.

In another respect (another member posted in anohter thread), if Mexico militants fired rockets into N. America, would America stand by and let the U.N resolve the problem or would they be all too trigger happy and fire at the direction in which the missles came from? I'm all too sure of the reaction.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
A weaker foe would be stupid to go against a stronger force and thus would want to creative emotive reports, create a mass public disapproval against Israel. It makes me sick how Hezbollah uses such puppets to generate a response from the media.



Prior to the internet you would never see ANY reports of Israeli agression against the Palestinians. You only heard about Bus Bombings and suicide bombers. Its about time the other side got a fair shot at having the world see their side. At one time Israel controlled all Press access to the Palestinian side of the border.
Even now your access is still limited. I got a hair cut in a shop that had Arab news on and the images were attrocious! Israel is also controlling the press at the front from their side even now too. Most americans will of course be on that side of the fence seeing just shots being fired and of course an occasional rocket hitting in Israel.

If you really believe that these people are doing this to prove a point you are wrong. This is how they have always meted out their justice towards the arabs. Did you always think that the people in Palestine would arrange to have their houses knocked to the ground by bulldozers just so it could be on camera? Have an innocent father and son in the middle of gunfire from the IDF on camera to die just so they could have better press?


The sad thing is so many people look at these kids as "Future Terrorists" from all the brainwashing, instead of just kids or children like yours or mine. Even sadder is that because of this attitude it will probably be true after they lose a few family members and we allow it to keep happening.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
Israel is condemned in general by the mass media and thus by many, if not the majority in the general public. All too often the media reports on Israeli attacks.


Has it ever occurred to you that attacks are being reported on 'all too often' because Israel are attacking 'all too often?' What, there are not enough reports of non-Israeli attacks for your liking? Are the Media supposed to ignore reporting Israeli atrocities because they get reported on 'all too often?'

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Thompsonite]



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't want to pretend I'm a mod, but I'd suggest we all keep on topic since we've got like 20 threads basically talking about the same general war in the ME.

The topic of this thread is Fox reporting Israel warships hit. Last I heard Israel is denying it but Hezbollah is saying they did hit an Israeli warship....

What is the truth?



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't want to pretend I'm a mod, but I'd suggest we all keep on topic since we've got like 20 threads basically talking about the same general war in the ME.

The topic of this thread is Fox reporting Israel warships hit. Last I heard Israel is denying it but Hezbollah is saying they did hit an Israeli warship....

What is the truth?


He beat me to it.


Topic folks.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
How would you know the difference between a Hezbollah terrorist and a civilian?

A Hezbollah militant isnt a 9 month old baby for starters and there have been dozens of those killed in these air strikes.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
according to Al-Manar it was a SAAR 4.5, attacked at 16:30 with a missile on the coast of Soor " Tyre " and it was a direct hit and apparently the warship has sunk with 53 on board.

If it turns out to be true, and all on board die, it will be one bloody response to israeili massacre of Qana.


Keep It Real



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah, it'll bring the tally to +/-80 soldiers and 25-30 civilian deaths on Israels side with 35 Hisbollah, 20 Lebanees army, 600 civilians, 8 Canadians and 4 UN Workers on Lebanons side.

Makes Hisbollah look even more "just" in this mess.

The "bad" guys killing mainly soldiers in a war, the "good" guys killing mainly and prodominantly civilians.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good for them! The Lebanese economy has nothing to do with Hizbollah. As Israel already keeps yapping they are a tool of Iran and Syria, yet they punish Lebanese and the economy. Hope they had boat insurance. They didn't have to blockade the port and the UN was against their blocking the port.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I got a hair cut in a shop that had Arab news on and the images were attrocious!


I'm sure it it was. Questions - did the Arab news report the fact that Hezbollah
started this mess? Did it report the fact that Hezbollah fires rockets from civilian
structures and then hides behind civilians thus causing their deaths? Did it report
that ALL of this could have been avoided had Hezbollah not kidnapped Israelies
to begin with? Did it place the blame for the dead civilians squarely on Hezbollah
where it belongs since Hezbollah is attacking Israel and then hiding behind the
civilians??

It would be a great surprise to see those truths on Arab TV. Tell me ... did they
report any of that or was it all pictures of dead civilians WITHOUT reporting that
it was Hezbollah actions that got them killed to begin with??

As far as the ship goes .. this is war so it wouldn't surprise me if the ship got hit.
It also wouldn't surprise me if Hezbollah lied and said it got hit when it didn't.
(remember Bagdad Bob?
What a clown) It also wouldn't surprise me if
it got hit and Israel lied and said that it didn't. If they admit that their ship is
in trouble then it gives Hezbollah information about a weakness in the Israeli
defenses.



[edit on 7/31/2006 by FlyersFan]



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
The "bad" guys killing mainly soldiers in a war...


Not from a lack of trying to kill civilians however. Those rockets they are raining
down upon Israel are full of shrapnel and are NOT precision guided. They just
fall anywhere and everywhere. The Israelies are just smart enough to get out
of the way and to get into their shelters.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Oh, so now the Lebanees are to dumb to duck for cover hu.

The fact the Israeli's weapons are so hyper precise and guided makes it even worse that the amount of civilians killed far outweighs the amount of Hisbollah soldiers killed.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Israelies are smart enough not to fill their 'places of worship' and their homes
with military weapons. They are smart enough not to shoot rockets and bombs off
from civilian centers of population. To do so would make them legitimate military
targets. They have been attacked for decades and have built shelters into their
homes and are smart enough to know that it is time to use them.

The Hezbollah terrorists fill their 'places of worship' and homes with
military weapons thus making them legitimate military targets. They are shoot
rockets and bombs off from civilian centers of population thus making them
legitimate military targets and thus THEY are the ones putting civilians in danger.
The terrorists are stupid enough to believe that attacking and
hiding behind civilians will stop justice from finding them. Some of the civilians
disapprove of Hezbollah ... some approve and back them. Either way, they were
put in harms way by Hezbollah terrorists who use them as human shields.
Those civilians who approved of Hezbollah and backed them put themselves in
harms way as well.

On subject - Since this is full out war now, the Israeli ships are legitimate military
targets.





[edit on 7/31/2006 by FlyersFan]



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Were is the proof hezboallah uses civz as shield WEREE!!! You listen 2 much 2 fox news and cnn



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Good for them! The Lebanese economy has nothing to do with Hizbollah. As Israel already keeps yapping they are a tool of Iran and Syria, yet they punish Lebanese and the economy. Hope they had boat insurance. They didn't have to blockade the port and the UN was against their blocking the port.







I see nothing to cheer about because 53 sailor's met their end. :shk:

This has become no more than a numbers tally. We're not even thinking of these people, ON BOTH SIDES, as people any more. Just numbers and further justification. Again. :shk:

I thought we were better than that here.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have checked many news sites, yet found no reports about sinking of any ship around Lebanon... It seems it didn't happen.



posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I haven't heard anything else recently either.

I don't think this was a real event.

edit:

this is what I found on Reuters:



Reuters

BEIRUT, July 31 (Reuters) - Hizbollah said its guerrillas hit an Israeli warship with rockets off the coast of the south Lebanese port city of Tyre on Monday, but an Israeli source quickly denied the claim.
Hizbollah said in a statement the attack was the start of its retaliation for Sunday's bombing of a building in south Lebanon that killed 54 civilians, including 37 children.
In Jerusalem, an Israeli security source said no Israeli warships were struck by rockets off the coast of Lebanon.



Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


[edit on 7/31/2006 by djohnsto77]




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join