It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

didnt know where to put this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
i just read that arcticle bout the silicone based lifeforms and how we should be looking for aliens on earth,i think that #s pretty whack.i mean,why dont no body belive that dude whos saying that.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well, it might be that they are not open minded enough to entertain the possibility. Another thought, perhaps they are just too smart for thier own good. I think that this possible life form, is one of an infinate number to be yet discovered.

Jay

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Also i think that the scienctific world today is so set in the way things should be they will not go out on a limb to say yes this is possible. Look at the way cryptozoologists and UFO researchers are looked at for the work they do. I belive that main stream science will only change if something big happens, bigfoot is found, or a silicon based life form is found here on earth. Till then all we will see is the same old thing of that can't exist and there are no mystery's left to figure out.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I find a silicone-based lifeform to be perfectly feasible. No one ever said that everything on this planet is carbonbased, or can conclusively prove that nothing from another planet exists here.

Jay

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
I find a silicone-based lifeform to be perfectly feasible. No one ever said that everything on this planet is carbonbased, or can conclusively prove that nothing from another planet exists here.

OK you and i beliving that a silicone-based life form is possible, is cool but main stream science is dead set on looking for carbon based life. Or better yet just looking for enviromental factors that are taken from what we find here to look for life. I truelly belive that if a planet develops a form of life, be it a higher form or a lower form of life no matter the conditions it will develop. I do think a few planets ie jupiter would be a hard place to find life, but who knows.

Look at the metoer they found in the ice from Mars. If life did get a small jump start by this method or a metor bringing life here from another planet. Then those micronisms would have had to survive the vacuum of space, intense heat and a very powerful impact. What i think the science community needs right now, is to have more people willing to go out on a limb. These free thinkers might actually help science expanded into new directions. I think the whole science community needs a big kick in the ass to get them thinking in new directions, for the future( look at Nasa).

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They are looking for silicon based life on Europa....

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We need more open minded scientists if we are to solve the problems this world has.

What about the idea of other dimensions?

Life can take many forms and we do not understand fully the carbon based forms that we are not familiar with.

Don't let anyone tell you anything is not possible until they can tell you they understand how the whole big picture works, which will never happen in this realm I promise.

Jay

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
They are looking for silicon based life on Europa....

Aren't they looking for life more like the organism's down by the ocean vents, i haven't heard of them looking for silicon based life yet. But thanks for the update Gazrok.

Neo,

I really don't let many people tell me it doesn't exist, i listen to their side and then speak on what i think and have read. This is part of the reason i left organized religion, they only care about what they think the bible says. Not another persons veiw on what it could mean, and yes i have been to many different chruchs and its all the same in everyone. AS for the idea of other dimensions, i am of the group that belives anything and everything that could happen in our live's is played out over a wide selection of dimensions. Also that on one of those time lines per-say, they have found a way to veiw all the others. Again just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hipfish
i just read that arcticle bout the silicone based lifeforms and how we should be looking for aliens on earth,i think that >>>How did this slip by the censors?>>#s pretty whack.i mean,why dont no body belive that dude whos saying that.

I don't understand which side you are arguing for. Your hip hop lingo is confusing me. Does whack mean good or bad in this case?

...and how on Earth did you get?

ATS Points: -416

[Edited on 10-30-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
god oh mighty they warned me again,jsut as i create a good thread.whack can mean good or bad.i was using in a "damn thats awesom" type way.i totally belvie its possible.i mean for all we know aliens could be living right on top of us maybe our senses jsut cant pick up on them cause they use a differant form of sense,etc

top topics

join