It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greer: 3 insider sources report SETI reception of ET signals.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Toc

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

Don't get me wrong, it's very upsetting that they don't release the info. Especialy when individuals used their own computer time and money to do that research.

You hit it right on the nose, if I was a SETI monitor via home computer, and knowing how dedicated those monitor's are (just read over some of the posts in the SETI room on this board), I would be very upset to find out that SETI is keeping contact information from the public. Kudo's to those monitors who are now demanding disclosure of that information they are not releasing to the public.

And as far as Greer goes, I have nothing but respect for this person because he's one of those rare individuals who was willing to put his reputation on the line and speak out for UFO gov't disclosure. It's mind boggling to consider what kinds of tremendous sacrifices he's had to make for the benefit of the public at large. To think that he's gone through medical school, and I know what that's all about because my dad and 2 of my brothers-in-law are physicians, and the time and effort it takes not only for the person who's going through med school, but also their family's and the kinds of sacrifices they have had to endure during those times.... to think that Dr. Greer has given all of that up to seek the truth about what our government is hiding from the public, well... I have nothing but admiration for him.

This said, I do not agree with everything Dr. Greer is saying about UFO's because, at least for now, I believe in the Ultra terrestrial Hypothesis where I'm still on the fence that "aliens" are extraterrestrials. In fact, Greer's own paranormal experiences seem to lend further support that places much emphasis on paranormal phenomena as opposed to futuristic, extraordinary "alien" technology which is a big part of the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis and which probably explains why so many ATS members who support the ETH have such strong aversions toward any kind of paranormal explanations or evidence for that matter in their evaluation of UFOs and "aliens". In my most humble opinion, those members who support that theory really need to be more open-minded in this area.

At any rate, I'm still hoping that Dr. Greer's Disclosure Project will be a success because I'm eager to see if in fact the information released by the government does in fact support that hypothesis (ETH).

[edit on 3-8-2006 by Palasheea]

Futuristic and technological ETs is a human view of what ET should be. We could be on a very wrong track with all our Sci-fi movies and soaps
That could explain also why so many people just don't get it...

I personnaly believe advancement is a balance between our spiritual and technological development.

Like i was saying in another post, i believe the disclosure project took a turn and changed it's goals cause there was no possible congress hearings possible. It's now in the hands of the mass to make things go forward.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Its freakin SETI. They are SUPPOSED to find alien signals. They are SUPPOSED to report everything they recieve, even if it turns out to be nothing.

But granted, if the actual data is spirited away its a whole other matter.

Dr Greer himself on that Art Bell interview suggests that SETI was set up as a smokescreen to distract the public from what's really going on. They already knew ET were present, communicating and visiting us. We have been downing their craft and back-engineering them for decades, and the technology we gain from it is so transformational, it would destroy their 200 trillion dollar a year industry if implemented. Therefore, SETI is yet another organisation under strict 'black' control. Carl Sagan was outlined as an example of someone who suddenly 'turned' against his own passions and became a fervent debunker. Dr Greer said that intelligent signals received by SETI had been quite frequent and constant, only to encounter jamming, similar to the first hour of his 2001 National Press Club transmission.

I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that 'Greer is a fruitloop' from. He's one of the few guys prepared to go out and tell the truth about the things we are so passionate about - the reason why we are here at these forums. He's been prepared to stick his neck out, which is more than you armchair critics care to muster. Then again, I am not surprised that the further Dr Greer persists, the louder the chorus of boos from the people who don't want the truth to come to light. It doesn't surprise me. Gee I hope Dr Greer gets the sponsor he needs to put this antigravity tech right in our faces so nobody can deny what they are seeing and how it came to being. Dr Greer is dead right in that every attempt to get this tech out in the open has been bought out by corporate umbrellas and hidden away into the proverbial dark attic. I darn well hope Dr Greer succeeds in getting the right person on board to get the truth out there one day and serve the naysayers a fat finger in the face.

All this "oh he's getting nuttier by the day" talk is just scaremongering and blatant derailing. The technology Dr Greer speaks of in terms of levitation and telepathic communication / manifestation actually has a scientific basis that no one in the year 2006 is mature enough to adequately comprehend (much like we don't have the social maturity to handle the responsibility of atomic weaponry). The kind of technology Dr Greer refers to in his new book is akin to presenting a cellphone or a television set to somebody in the Middle Ages - you people are essentially 'burning Dr Greer at the stake' like you would to a witch. Personally, I'd give Dr Greer the time of day anytime. It's interesting with each radio interview he does, he is steadfastly consistent with his message - certainly shows no sign of insanity as far as I can detect.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by RiotComing]

Toc

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Originally posted by merka
Its freakin SETI. They are SUPPOSED to find alien signals. They are SUPPOSED to report everything they recieve, even if it turns out to be nothing.

But granted, if the actual data is spirited away its a whole other matter.

Dr Greer himself on that Art Bell interview suggests that SETI was set up as a smokescreen to distract the public from what's really going on. They already knew ET were present, communicating and visiting us. We have been downing their craft and back-engineering them for decades, and the technology we gain from it is so transformational, it would destroy their 200 trillion dollar a year industry if implemented. Therefore, SETI is yet another organisation under strict 'black' control. Carl Sagan was outlined as an example of someone who suddenly 'turned' against his own passions and became a fervent debunker. Dr Greer said that intelligent signals received by SETI had been quite frequent and constant, only to encounter jamming, similar to the first hour of his 2001 National Press Club transmission.

I don't know where you guys are getting this idea that 'Greer is a fruitloop' from. He's one of the few guys prepared to go out and tell the truth about the things we are so passionate about - the reason why we are here at these forums. He's been prepared to stick his neck out, which is more than you armchair critics care to muster. Then again, I am not surprised that the further Dr Greer persists, the louder the chorus of boos from the people who don't want the truth to come to light. It doesn't surprise me. Gee I hope Dr Greer gets the sponsor he needs to put this antigravity tech right in our faces so nobody can deny what they are seeing and how it came to being. Dr Greer is dead right in that every attempt to get this tech out in the open has been bought out by corporate umbrellas and hidden away into the proverbial dark attic. I darn well hope Dr Greer succeeds in getting the right person on board to get the truth out there one day and serve the naysayers a fat finger in the face.

All this "oh he's getting nuttier by the day" talk is just scaremongering and blatant derailing. The technology Dr Greer speaks of in terms of levitation and telepathic communication / manifestation actually has a scientific basis that no one in the year 2006 is mature enough to adequately comprehend (much like we don't have the social maturity to handle the responsibility of atomic weaponry). The kind of technology Dr Greer refers to in his new book is akin to presenting a cellphone or a television set to somebody in the Middle Ages - you people are essentially 'burning Dr Greer at the stake' like you would to a witch. Personally, I'd give Dr Greer the time of day anytime. It's interesting with each radio interview he does, he is steadfastly consistent with his message - certainly shows no sign of insanity as far as I can detect.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by RiotComing]

Thanks Riot, i feel exatly the same. And once more, can someone name me one guy that is as consistent as Dr Greer. I personnaly believe he is a brilliant man, that found a balance between the spriritial kingdom and the technological realms. Balance is healty, and it's not the only field where balance is healthy... I think people will slowly realize what's going on. One step at a time. We really have to take everything one step at a time. Human race isn't used to gobble big changes in short amount of time. So i give everybody on the planet time, if they have open mind.

I can't go without quoting the movie Contact. One step at a time

And if US is too stubborn to let this tech out. Dr Greer can always try to get the tech out in Canada or any other open minded countries out there. That should motivate people in the US

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Toc]

<< 1   >>

join