It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greer: 3 insider sources report SETI reception of ET signals.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Greer asserted last night on coast to coast am (Art Bell hosting) that
he had three insider sources who report SETI has received multiple
ET signals. He further claimed that the CIA has a relationship with
news media outlets to prevent the exposure of sensitive matters related
to "national security".

He also claimed that one of the sources would be recognizable by everyone.
(i.e. a household name).

Bell, on his part, opined that Greer was "credible". Later in the program,
he told Greer he hadn't read his latest book (where Greer shares many
alleged personal experiences of ET contact and things like his ability to
levitate things). I wonder how credible Greer would look in Bell's eyes
after he reads Greer's latest book.

Greer, of course, wouldn't name his sources. If Greer was the true hot shot
he thinks he is, wouldn't the NSA basicly know who he talks to already?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah, but I'm sure this is part of the NSA's strategy. This way, if this accusation of hidden signals is true and it meaks out somewhere else in the future, the NSA could easily point back to Greer's accusations and make the rumors seem all the more illogical. (Greer not having the best reputation and all).

And I bet you SETI has been through this before, anyway. Nothing new...

Toc

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeJamieson

Greer asserted last night on coast to coast am (Art Bell hosting) that
he had three insider sources who report SETI has received multiple
ET signals. He further claimed that the CIA has a relationship with
news media outlets to prevent the exposure of sensitive matters related
to "national security".

(i.e. a household name).

Bell, on his part, opined that Greer was "credible". Later in the program,
he told Greer he hadn't read his latest book (where Greer shares many
alleged personal experiences of ET contact and things like his ability to
levitate things). I wonder how credible Greer would look in Bell's eyes
after he reads Greer's latest book.

Greer, of course, wouldn't name his sources. If Greer was the true hot shot
he thinks he is, wouldn't the NSA basicly know who he talks to already?

There is lives and reputations at stake. Dr. Greer always gave away names of people that were willing to disclose information, and i'm sure the SETI witnesses don't want to be known.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Toc]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toc
There is lives and reputations at stake. Dr. Greer always gave away names of people that were willing to disclose information, and i'm sure the SETI witnesses don't want to be known.

Reputation? Its freakin SETI. They are SUPPOSED to find alien signals. They are SUPPOSED to report everything they recieve, even if it turns out to be nothing.

But granted, if the actual data is spirited away its a whole other matter.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
SETI is probably part of the coverup. They put that project into production, And report that they havent found anything but I would bet that they actually have. I think that Greer is credible enough, Personally.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
SETI is an odd thing as it isn't (and has never been) one group per-se.

I'm sure when Frank Drake set up Project Osma, back in 1960, he had good intentions. But SETI as we know it now is massively different from a few scientists who wanted to prove their radio telescope could fine extraterrestrial life.

NASA's had a stab until congress (cough) pulled the plug on it and now, though not widely known, it's still looking for life out there and has been since 1996. I'm sure that they don't have much choice when it comes to what information they can/can't release as they have such close links with military and congressional circles.

And finally, SETI@home/Berkley.... the one we all know about... this is most likely where Greers contacts are from. And to be honest I wouldn't believe them anyway. As most of the time they piggyback off other peoples stuff !

Greers DOES have some credible witnesses, we've all seen that. But as he comes across as a crackpot (why o' why does the one person who actually has the intelligence to lead this campaign have to have had "experiences" with aliens or is bloody superman !) chances are he'll end up no different to Ikey....

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Apologies for any typo's or spelling !

Cider at the keyboard is bad thing !!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Greer said the same in May too, in Toronto on the 9th... I wrote a piece on it, it's on ATS somewhere. Trust me (or not) there will be no confirmation and even less proof to follow. Did they ask him about his ability to levitate automobiles by channelling cosmic forces on Art Bell. I bet he did not. Or his personal communication with beings not of this planet? Or his rides on flying saucers?

Next time, if Dr. Greer dares to comes back to Toronto and speak in public I have a surprise for him... all bought and paid for in advance. They're called barristers and accredited journalists armed with so much data that they know more about him, his actions, legal status and activities than he does. That claim he makes about being a member of a prestigious medical fraternity is... There's more but I'll hold powder-dry till he's on my turf in the sovereign nation of Canada.

Did he reveal anything about his energy "scientist" in hiding for fear of assassination? That guy has been hiding if he exists at all, for a very, very long time. And did he claim that the US government was after him and trying to give him an incurable fatal disease? Did he mention his falling-out with the Akroyd-Sereda crew? Did he prove even one thing he claims on Art Bell?

Next time you get the chance and there's a UFO convention or event that Robert Salas (nice man - tells truth - Malmstrom AFB incident) speaks at take a mo' and ask him about this Greer fellow....

Thanx, I haven't posted any UFO stuff in a bit cuz there's a shortage of new data,
although I just caught a thread with some Russian gun camera footage of a multi-mach cylinder the size of a smallish submarine that looks legit.

Victor K.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What a surprise, Mr. Greer says that he has 'inside information' that will show that aliens are real.

Who in their right minds would beleive this guy to be duped by him, again??

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Its just a matter of whether he comes forward with sources or not. If he does, then things get more interesting. Otherwise, they stay at the white noise level.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeJamieson
(i.e. a household name).

I bet that person is Frank Drake, he's been involved with SETI or programs like it for decades....I'd put money on it...not much tho.

I have a lot of hope that Greer is the real deal for Ufology and disclosure. The more extravagant claims from him dont help much but I think that his basic pursuit is an honest and worthwhile one.

[edit on 1-8-2006 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
woo

alien contact

now we just need to return with a message that won't be heard for another how many years it'll take light to get there

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Greers DOES have some credible witnesses, we've all seen that. But as he comes across as a crackpot (why o' why does the one person who actually has the intelligence to lead this campaign have to have had "experiences" with aliens or is bloody superman !) chances are he'll end up no different to Ikey....

Word.

I thought the disclosure project has potential until it's seemingly normal spokesperson started acting like a loon. I wonder what got into him, maybe he was put up to it by someone. Never know...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This news article is a followup on that show. Apparently SETI has
been flooded with emails and phone calls.
Greer doesn't seem to be held in high regard by the SETI people.
(D'uh)

www.theregister.co.uk...
>

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I see there was a thread started already on this subject, in June.
(Also, Victor K had posted on this before.)
Sorry, I only checked as far back as page two when I started this
subsequent thread. Here's the original thread (brought forth to
page one today):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Toc

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by Toc

Reputation? Its freakin SETI. They are SUPPOSED to find alien signals. They are SUPPOSED to report everything they recieve, even if it turns out to be nothing.

But granted, if the actual data is spirited away its a whole other matter.

Don't get me wrong, it's very upsetting that they don't release the info. Especialy when individuals used their own computer time and money to do that research.

But when you're scared for your life and the life of your family members, it explains why they won't release the info or step up.

Toc

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
woo

alien contact

now we just need to return with a message that won't be heard for another how many years it'll take light to get there

That's if the signals are coming from outside our solar system...
What if it's from a base close by? It would take just a few minutes to get messages across.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, it's very upsetting that they don't release the info. Especialy when individuals used their own computer time and money to do that research.

You hit it right on the nose, if I was a SETI monitor via home computer, and knowing how dedicated those monitor's are (just read over some of the posts in the SETI room on this board), I would be very upset to find out that SETI is keeping contact information from the public. Kudo's to those monitors who are now demanding disclosure of that information they are not releasing to the public.

And as far as Greer goes, I have nothing but respect for this person because he's one of those rare individuals who was willing to put his reputation on the line and speak out for UFO gov't disclosure. It's mind boggling to consider what kinds of tremendous sacrifices he's had to make for the benefit of the public at large. To think that he's gone through medical school, and I know what that's all about because my dad and 2 of my brothers-in-law are physicians, and the time and effort it takes not only for the person who's going through med school, but also their family's and the kinds of sacrifices they have had to endure during those times.... to think that Dr. Greer has given all of that up to seek the truth about what our government is hiding from the public, well... I have nothing but admiration for him.

This said, I do not agree with everything Dr. Greer is saying about UFO's because, at least for now, I believe in the Ultra terrestrial Hypothesis where I'm still on the fence that "aliens" are extraterrestrials. In fact, Greer's own paranormal experiences seem to lend further support that places much emphasis on paranormal phenomena as opposed to futuristic, extraordinary "alien" technology which is a big part of the Extraterrestrial Hypothesis and which probably explains why so many ATS members who support the ETH have such strong aversions toward any kind of paranormal explanations or evidence for that matter in their evaluation of UFOs and "aliens". In my most humble opinion, those members who support that theory really need to be more open-minded in this area.

At any rate, I'm still hoping that Dr. Greer's Disclosure Project will be a success because I'm eager to see if in fact the information released by the government does in fact support that hypothesis (ETH).

[edit on 3-8-2006 by Palasheea]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Its interesting to hear the story, however, that there were about to be hearings in congress on a limitted basis, until Greer stepped in and, upped the kook factor, as it were. (no offense Mr. Greer) I've heard that story twice now. Is that true?

As far as Extraterrestrial or Ultraterrestrial (or my preference, Ectoterrestrial
) goes, its more of an understanding that our models of superreality are too limited to draw conclusions about where. The names we use imply the 'where', and I get the feeling our concept of 'where' is what would be shaken to the core, as it has been throughout history during paradigm shifts.

[edit on 3-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ectoterrestrial,
Is "ectotrerrestrial" another UFO/Alien theory/hypothesis? If so, could you tell me what it entails or direct me to one of your previous posts where you explain your point of view on this topic. thanks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join