It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Babble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The sermon began with the Pastor making some innocuous comments about the weather. From there he segued into how we were in the beginning of the "end times" He talked about the war as well as "natural disasters" such as meteors and asteroids. Whew, I breathed a sigh of relief. So far, so good. I had been there a half hour and the pain had been minimal.

And then......all hell (whoops....how inappropriate in a church) broke loose. It started with a comment about the "brilliant" (his words) Condolezza Rice and how the press had manipulated an action of hers to make her look bad. My friends, Condolezza Rice does not need any help. She is perfectly capable of "looking bad" on her own. I shook my head back and forth.

But it grew worse. The Pastor began talking about 911. He tugged at the heartstrings of the gathered flock.

Source

Unfortunatedly, this is true. I have gone as a "visitor" to such churches and have heard the same- I opted to get up and get out. Very obviously, i might add. Actions speak louder than words. I'd rather wait it out in the car.
Why bring up all this stuff? This is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Unfortunatedly, this is true. I have gone as a "visitor" to such churches and have heard the same- I opted to get up and get out. Very obviously, i might add. Actions speak louder than words. I'd rather wait it out in the car.
Why bring up all this stuff? This is ridiculous.

NO DOUBT!!!

It is sickening, to me--honestly.

I know lots of churchian-types here at ATS flag me for some sort of heretic, but good grief! If this is how it is, these days--then it proves I've done but one smart thing in my life--and at the tender age of 19, too! I turned my back on organized religion and haven't stepped foot into a church in the 19 years since except to go to funerals. I truly do love God with all my soul and it would piss me off to sit still and quiet during such nonsense performed under the auspices of One whose name is too Holy to be defined by gossip and politics.

Enough. I've said enough.

Thanks for the rare opportunity to rant and rave--at no one in particular! That's really the only healthy way for me!

God bless you!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yes, it seems the time is here for the church and government to join as one and support Israel in this Holy War or struggle against the oppressors or Jihad.

How this can be happening is beyond me. So many times I feel like an observer in some kind of surreal nightmare...

:shk:

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Yes, it seems the time is here for the church and government to join as one and support Israel in this Holy War or struggle against the oppressors or Jihad.

How this can be happening is beyond me. So many times I feel like an observer in some kind of surreal nightmare...

:shk:

Are you saying we should believe in the politics and take sides here and be for a war? Besides this, our Government is already 100% supportive of Israel without the church. What exactly are you saying?

The truth is, we are not to take our brothers to court, because the fight for the world is not what God calls us to do.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
n the bowel is there [4annie]... n thats some 'holy babble'..... givin tks at the 'bowel'

Holy Jesus Indeed... Lolove n luck n good movements/sex/passion/emotions etc... ave maria ! Indeed !

Edit: oohhh was the orginal external from 'Judy' ??? sounded like it

[edit on 1-8-2006 by georgejohn]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Are you saying we should believe in the politics and take sides here and be for a war?

No, not at all. I'm saying that IS what's happening. I am against preaching about politics in church and speaking about religion in government.

Besides this, our Government is already 100% supportive of Israel without the church.

True, but many more people support (and blindly follow as if it's a religion) the current government because of its ties to the church. Our current government is infiltrated with the church.

What exactly are you saying?

If you want to know what I'm saying, read my Op/Ed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i did a spit take reading that

sadly, that wasn't the first time i've heard of or witnessed those things

now i've gotta go clean off my keyboard

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

True, but many more people support (and blindly follow as if it's a religion) the current government because of its ties to the church. Our current government is infiltrated with the church.

A little bit of poison spoils the whole lot!

Neither idea survived any length of time at all, once it's originators had passed on to the other side. :shk:

(speaking of the US government and the truth that Yehoshua came to reveal--which WAS NOT christianity)

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Are you saying we should believe in the politics and take sides here and be for a war?

No, not at all. I'm saying that IS what's happening. I am against preaching about politics in church and speaking about religion in government.

You said it all. I was just trying to read between your lines of maybe being sarcastic or your actual views. If I get the time or notion, I will read your post you linked to as I feel it will benefit me.

I truly believe that there is a growing of souls who do know their maker and I am surprised at the acquaintances I have found. Yea I have many brothers I knew not. Get my drift?

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The End Times brought to you by the old/new world order...bringing to life/death the 'book' that 'they/Illluminati' have perverted down through the 'ages'... turn on your TV/Radio/Computer and the 'perverted show' is on... a on-going 'Soap', just like the '911' part of the 'perverted show'... the take down of the 'Babel Towers' Series... and the JFK series... and the smooth JFKjr horror/muder* show...etc... omg... Hollywood Style..........\

Study, study and learn what the Illuminat is and was... turn off the TV News... learn to see the 'pro's' of dis-info and their 'chumps' on the 'net' and get to the 'truth' on the Blessed Internet and Bless those who bring IT...

Two hours a day and Ten hours on the weekend and by Christmas [144 days] you will be a new person, if you work at it and 'think' with your own 'Intuition'...

Lolearning n love n good luck/sex/emotions/passion... Ave Maria !

[ohh saw the link to Judy at Rense...lol ] source... Infinity

Edit: * Murder

[edit on 3-8-2006 by georgejohn]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
My friend once took me to his Church, to help me with a report. I felt akward the entire time, due to the preacher often refering to all Arabs and Middle Easterners as "animals" and the most hated of God's creatures, and various insults of that sort. I stopped him half way of his "sermon" and asked him what he thought about Jesus being Middle Eastern. They kicked me out after that. I never did get an answer. :shk:

new topics

top topics

join