It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the first movie you saw?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
And where?

I saw Clash of the Titans at a drive up theatre. Can't remember how young I was but it was with my grandmother so I must have been a wee little thang

I still love that movie to date..

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I think the first movie i remember seeing was jaws...
and i was scared of going in water for about a year after that lol

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Star Wars...it's the first movie I remember at least...and it simply blew my mind...(I remember having the toys, the sheets, even the damned curtains...hehe....)

Barbarella was the first R movie I ever saw (Hanoi Jane..)...explains why it was a while until I saw another one,

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That reminds me, my mom took me to the movies to see The Fury and she covered my eyes through the entire movie pretty much..I still bring it up to her on occassion
And that was a dumb movie..after seeing it fully years later!

Anyone see the movie Curtains?? Scarey

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I saw that Curtains, that is the one with the ice skater right. I was pretty young.

The first movie I remember seeing was ET.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I really cant tell you, it's probaly a louis de funes movie, on TV...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I can't really remember my first ever film I watched *got a bad memory, lol* But I remember the first horror film I watched... It was A Nightmare On Elm Street. I was about 9 I think.

Oh... I remember now... The first ever full length movie I watched was Jungle Book... Very funny film
I actually watched Jungle Book 2 last night, no way as good.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Reminds me now too....

"Fantasia" the Disney cartoon opera... It was a school field trip, and I remember these two girls sitting on either side of me fighting for my attention, and my popcorn! It was in like first or second grade....

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
And where?

I saw Clash of the Titans at a drive up theatre. Can't remember how young I was but it was with my grandmother so I must have been a wee little thang

I still love that movie to date..

That is the exact same movie which was my first movie and I also still love that movie,It was one of the first DVDs that I bought.

I also remeber seeing Poltergeist at a young age and my clown was officially banished from my kingdom...

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by ROGUE]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I cant remember the first movie I saw but I remeber the only one movie I saw with my father. It was "rox and rooky". And -dont laught- I've cryied at the end !

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Oh it had to be some Disney movie. But the first actaul movie I saw was Star Wars when I was about 4 since tehn I have been addicted.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think it was Star Wars. When I watch it now, I laugh at the cheesiness of it all.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
True...only later on did SW's plot holes become gaping...

1. You are trying to hide Vader's son, so you stick him on the same planet of his youth, and with the same surname... yep, that's clever.

2. Leia tells Han that they are being tracked. Do they stop somewhere and get a different ship? No, they make a beeline for the SECRET rebel base, and bring the Empire, and the Death Star in tow!

3. The engineers of the Death Star can design a weapon capable of destroying worlds, but can be taken out by one, well-placed weapon from a fighter....

It was still a classic though, and remains one of my favorite movies...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You are not supposed to say things like that, Gazrok, hehe.

The first film I saw was probably the one about the little dinosaur. I don't remember the original title ("Land Before Time" maybe?), but it was called "Lillefot"(Little-foot) in Norwegian. It�s about that little brontosaurus that loses his mom and sets out on a journey to find the dinosaur paradise, and along the road he finds new friends. Still love that movie.

One of the first movies I remember seeing at a cinema was Jurassic Park. Yay, still have my Jurassic park wallet and my Jurassic Park key ring

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
More people replied here

*Rogue* neat that we both share the same movie and feelings about it. It *IS* a great film..even the special effects were awesome for it's time! I actaully like some of the older special effects better then the computer animated stuff out to date. *War of the worlds*

Oldies but always goodies!

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
And it's not a very good memory :

GONE WITH THE WIND !
I was only 7 or 8 and I died with this anoying 3 hours movie !

I was really happy when it finished !

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The very first movie i remember seeing was when i was 3 'The Birds' (of course my parents weren't aware of this at the time) gave me nitemares for weeks especially after waking up to seeing about 30 blackbirds on the clothing line outside our house, i refused to go out for days lol

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
That is a scarey movie, even now and I'm 27 years older then you were then! Wow what a first movie to see..eeek! Are you ok with birds..no hidden animosities or anything?? Only kiddin..kinda

[Edited on 11/9/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The first movie I saw was Pete and the magic Dragon. It was an old Walt Disney movie.

Mark

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is going back, but the first film I saw at the Movies was JAWS, then a film called Scanners, not like the repeat Scanner film and was much better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join