It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Horned Skull

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
All I can say is WTF!?

www.mysteriousworld.com...

Wonder what it could be? Alien? Devil?
I supose this would explain old sightings of the devil...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow, looks like one of those scary mind people from the movie "The Cell"

Is it real? Where did it come from? Has it been altered?

Hanging around here at ATS one learns to Deny Ignorance. I am not saying that to imply your ignorant, by the way!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Interesting to say the least ,we'll see over the next few days.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I dunno what its from but I know its real I saw a picture of it in a magazine too.

I'm going to find out more about later
Right now I'm a bit busy..

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It seems, this Skull is currently at the London Museum, so it appears it could be real.

There where several Links that spoke on this subject, along with other abnormal types of Skulls.

www.burlingtonnews.net...
www.burlingtonnews.net...

I thought the Skulls aside the Egyptian Glyph were kind of curious as well.

I trust this assists in figuring out WTF that horned thing is.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
hey,
we now have the ability to bring it back to life

with dna samples, and stem cells

maybe the skull and bones group at yale will offer to HOLD it for them

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Some more links & Info:

The existence of what appears to be a is probably one of the most controversial artefacts in existence, and certainly not one that medical science can easily explain away. The skull is said to have been discovered in France between 1920 and 1940, but its current whereabouts are unknown. Surnateum, The Museum of Supernatural History, however, claims to have analysed the skull. Their analysis demonstrated that the horns were genuinely part of the skull. The analysis concluded: ‘An in-depth examination and X-rays leave no room for doubt: the skull is not a forgery.’

Visit Cryptozoology.Com for more

The find was made by a reputable group of antiquarians, including the Pennsylvania state historian Dr. G.P Donehoo, a Presbyterian Church official and two professors; A.B. Skinner, of the American Investigating Museum, and W. K. Morehead, of Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts. After the discovery which was made in the town of Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania the remains were sent to the American Investigating Museum in Philadelphia, where Skinner was based. The Museum later claimed that the remains had been stolen, and they were never recovered

Source

Does this mean the skull is missing? Seems so.

This article is the original newspaper article about the find...

Spanish Hill - the site has a great part dedicated to the skull... All the background info available on them.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It is real. I have read many articles pertaining to that skull but I didn't know that it was in the London Museum...

Next chance I get to go there (prolly a long time tho) I shall make a POINT of looking.

Yeah, it sucks

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
ive heard about this before and i find it interesting that these abnormal skulls and skeletons always get 'stolen' before they can be probaly examined by experts the same happened to a case when giant skeletons were found but i do beleive this skull is real and i reckon its some hithero undiscovered sub scecies in the homo sapien family that either became extinct or was killed by normal homo sapiens for the way they look who knows its not totally impossible

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I guess it could be real but the pics too small to really examine and from the clarity it looks like it's made of clay

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It has been tested several times I think and everything about it is genuine, organic and naturally grown.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
that first picture looks like a normal skull in the back and some kind of mask attached in the front. two different colors. doesn't look remotely real to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No, it's real, real ebony. It was carved by native americans as a "village defender" to scare off evil spirits. We have some here in kentucky, one found in an old dead tree, (originally it was sitting on that tree, but the tree was like 500 years old, and laying at the bottom of a hill and some people moved it to bring a log truck through and when it broke in half the skull fell out.

To kklover, here is a bigger pic:

external source

JackofBlades, can you give me a link or something that proves these testings and etc. All my info was on TV, I can't find it on the net or I would have link.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Evil_minds]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I read it a while ago so you'll have to bear with me while I dig through the net.

Okay it seems I was wrong. And so were you. They were never tested, however many say that the skull was part of a larger number found in the graves of seven foot tall humans (?).

This site has a good description of them. Apparently after being sent off to the American Investigating Museum they were stolen and disappeared.

EASTER EGG: If you go to the homepage of that site you may see a familiar looking, canine!

[edit on 4/8/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, now we got our selves into a sticky situation. Good find though, Blades, I was looking for it earlier and gave up. I have been going through news archives and can't find it, of course this was 5 years ago. But still, appriciate the information given

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm not very knowledgeable about biology and stuff, but I have researched quite a bit about "homemade unicorns". You take a baby bull or male goat and remove the horn buds, cut them in half and rejoin opposite sides of two of them. place them back under the skin in the middle of the forehead and they will fuse together with each other and the skull and grow a single twisted horn that is straight like a unicorn.
I assume that goat tissue would be rejected by a human, same for bulls. If there was a way for it to not be rejected, the skull would look basically normal with horns.
Follow me?
Just makes me wonder if a shaman might have been able to do a transplant across species just to make himself more "opulent" to his people?

Just a thought, total speculation on my part. Interesting though......

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I have never really heard of that but it brings up some great questions. See back in 8th grade, I learned that Chinook indians would take mountain goat horns and but them on already dead people to scare off anyone or thing that would dig them up. I was going to say something early, but on count that picture has two horns and not one. Plus I remember something on Wierd U.S on the history channel about an 80 year old woman that had a horn removed from her head, This link has some stuff on horned people in history and mentions that woman.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

but on count that picture has two horns and not one.

The one horn in the middle was just referring to the "homemade unicorns". What I was trying to say is I wonder if a human could be implanted with a goat or bull horn bud and it would actually grow? One, Two, or eight doesn't really matter.
People live(for a while) with pig hearts, what about horns?
I've never read about any cross species bone transplants, it's always flesh and it's never quite perfect.
To clarify, horns aren't really bone, they're more comparable to hair or fingernails.
The woman with the horn on her forehead..... I heard(but don't know for sure) that was a really nasty blackhead. If that's true, it's too gross for me to think about,,,LOL

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yea yea, that is kinda nasty. I was looking that up, about a horn if it could be possible to transpant and actually grow, I'm not seeing anything, but I was talking to a friend, on the phone and brought it up, he brought up the jackalope

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I've seen "demon skulls" like that on several web sites. I have even seen "alien skulls", which were skillfully made skulls made to look like they had come from grey aliens on some of these sites. All are sold as art for goths and other enthusiasts.

An well made "alien skull" for sale on this page: www.canadayardsale.com... (right click and choose "view image" to see the pic in its correct proportions.)

I was hoping there were some at Skullduggery to show, but it looks like they do not have any art skulls at the moment.

A quick web search did not turn up the excellent demon / devil skulls I saw before. Instead, all I saw was cheap novelty store skulls and Hallowe'en masks.

Drat.

I guess the fact I saw them five years ago may mean that they are no longer around.

Grrrrrr!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join