It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to implement clean energy now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

thats one of the mentalities that prohibitss humans from exceling. the only reason NOT to do it is because it would cost billions up front before anyone saw a penny from it. thats pretty much the ONLY reason it isnt being done. forget that its clean for a minute. it would give us a resource that is equal to the current world currency in abundance that is renewable.

I swear, if someof you worked for a living or had to earn your pay, you would be dead by now.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i do, i have a family, and im not. i have a degree in engineering after all.

if you want to post evidence that there is no global warming etc etc please feel free.

however you can take your personal insults somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nogirt
If the planet turns into a desert, tough. That is life and I will have to deal with it. I will not just stick my finger in my butt and suck on my mommie's teet like it would seem other people would do if it got a little hotter.

?
Ok, fair enough, if global warming destroys economies or makes place like the US deserts and arabia breadbaskets, you don't care.

So why are you even posting here? YOu don't 'beleive' that its warming, you don't beleive that if it was it'd be happening because of a greenhouse gas, and even if it all did, you wouldnt' care.

So, whats your point in participating in this discussion, I am just curious.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
i do, i have a family, and im not. i have a degree in engineering after all.

if you want to post evidence that there is no global warming etc etc please feel free.

however you can take your personal insults somewhere else.

Good, and I would expect you to know that money is a means of exchange for a service or commodity/product. It is not however, something (in this case) that can be completely disregarded to satisfy the comfort of a few.

I have never denied global warming, more so I have denied doomsday scenarios and I also mantain a general attititude of well being when it comes to the consequences, whatever they may be, however significant.

If the ice caps melt, goldfish become extinct and ocean levels rise by 20ft: so what?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by nogirt
If the planet turns into a desert, tough. That is life and I will have to deal with it. I will not just stick my finger in my butt and suck on my mommie's teet like it would seem other people would do if it got a little hotter.

?
Ok, fair enough, if global warming destroys economies or makes place like the US deserts and arabia breadbaskets, you don't care.

So why are you even posting here? YOu don't 'beleive' that its warming, you don't beleive that if it was it'd be happening because of a greenhouse gas, and even if it all did, you wouldnt' care.

So, whats your point in participating in this discussion, I am just curious.

My point? It should be obvious! Even if global warming ravages economies and ecosystems, is it necessarily a bad thing? As you can now see there are people here who do believe it is a bad thing, some people who simply think it is a moot point, and then people such as myself who think that we should consider such consequences in moderation. There is no question about it that life (for Americans such as myself) will have to change if the earth is ravaged. I do not think that the consequences/effects, etc of global warming are obvious, and therefore the lack thereof does not warrant such flavorless talk of nixing fossil fuels in favor of 'alternatives' at the cost of billions of dollars all on a hunch which is very debatable.

I say evolve. People in Europe 300 years ago realized they could no longer use charcoal for the manufacturing of steel. Yet here we are 300 years later manufacturing steel on a much greater scale. Why?

[edit on 2-8-2006 by nogirt]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If you want clean energy Nuclear Fusion, once it is developed, wil be fantastic for it. At most residual radiation lasts for 50 years, so that isn't a problem, as it can't form a critical mass or meltdown you can even build a nuclear powered plane, so that would be good for one thing.

If they managed to get bubble fusion working, that would be even better as its small.

Of course if we did some really good research we could use Vacuum energy, and apparently a cubic foot of it could power the world's energy demand for a year. But thats a fair way off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join