It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Working out one side of your body.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey, long time ATS lurker... second post.

I looked around on the internet for awhile today and didn't come up with anything. Seemed like a bizarre topic so I thought I'd bring it up here.

I saw Lady in the Water yesterday and in it there is a guy who is only working out one side of his body (just his right arm, and right leg) he said it was a science experiment because no one's ever done it before. I'm wondering if that's true, it seems like someone would have thought of it at some point (I contemplated doing that when I was little so I'd have a 'crab arm').

It seems to me that it could cause some heart problems. If one arm/leg is extremely healthy, and the other isn't, wouldn't the heart be pumping harder than it has to? Or am I totally wrong about this?

If anyone would like to help me find a link to an article where someone tried this, or more speculation on it, I'd be most grateful!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I cannot mention any official studies. But I have seen people who huge differences in arm size from right to left. One such case was a black smith, another just spent alot of time manipulating himself.

I can tell you, I've heard this on many occasions. If you work out/rehab one half of the body, the other side gets 25% of the benefit that the worked side gets. This could well be mistaken, but I've just heard it many, many times.

I'm curious to see if someone will produce the photos of someone with grossly disproportionate limbs from an official experiment.

new topics

join