It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think I remember reading that the show won’t be revealing information about the numbers and that the revelation will be from the Lost Experience game (the video you linked.)

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I think I remember reading that the show won’t be revealing information about the numbers and that the revelation will be from the Lost Experience game

personally, that would be a major "cop out" and a major disappointment...

how could they not reveal what the numbers mean on the actual show???

not every 'lost' fan plays the 'experience' (i don't, i just read about it)...

the numbers are the biggest 'lost' mystery ever, and to not reveal what they mean (on the show) would be very disappointing...

although what you read maybe true, remember, the 'experience' will most likely tie into the show soon...

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The numbers represent variables within the environment that indicate the amount of time until humans go bye bye.

The DHARMA Initiative was set up to try and find a way of changing the variables and prolonging our existence, but it failed.

IMO, the new people (Mittlewerk's boys) have been enlisted not to change those variables but to remove them. They seem to be conectrating on removing a certain kind of person from the environment. I think the type could be classified as 'bad'.

This will fit into season 3 (so I'm not hijacking the thread!) as we have been told we would realise the goal behind the Others attacks and that they aren't what they appear to be.

The 'good' people that they took (Jack, Kate and Sawyer) have all done something pretty bad, but they have it done it for good reasons.
Jack killed a patient while attempting to perform a practically impossible, but life saving, operation.
Kate killed her father in order to protect her mother from his violent attacks.
Sawyer killed a man who he was tricked into thinking was the man responsible for his parents' death.

Whether any of that is significant remains to be seen....

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
The numbers represent variables within the environment that indicate the amount of time until humans go bye bye.

The DHARMA Initiative was set up to try and find a way of changing the variables and prolonging our existence, but it failed.

as stated before, i don't play the 'experience' but i read about it...

so, here is a question (well, two questions):

doesn't mittlewerk (a dharma scientist for those that didn't know) want to release a virus to kill 30% of the world's population in order to change the variables???

thus, this would save the world???

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, he said the 'researchers' at the Vik Institute (autistic savants who endlessly run the formula) concluded that 30% of the population have something which, once removed, will change the variables.

What this something is we don't yet know.

IMO the Foundation believes it has found a genetic cause for 'bad people', and 30% of the world has this gene. And they must be mercilessly EXTERMINATED!!!!!!! so the rest of us can be happy and live in a good world for a long time.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

IMO the Foundation believes it has found a genetic cause for 'bad people', and 30% of the world has this gene.

w0w...

great stuff...

but, we still don't know what constitutes being a "bad" person

[edit on 18-9-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

09/18 - Guest starring are John Terry as Christian Shephard, Julie Bowen as Sarah, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly, William Mapother as Ethan, Brett Cullen as Goodwin, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Julie Adams as Amelia, Stephen Semel as Adam, Isabelle Cherwin as little girl, Alexandra Morgan as moderator, Sonya Seng as receptionist, Sally Davis as teacher and Julie Ow as nurse.

it looks like jack may see goodwin in his flashback

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What this something is we don't yet know.

WHich is what I said.

Maybe they think all blonde's are bad....
Jack, Kate and Sawyer all have dark hair (Sawyer is kind of more browny).
Walt had dark hair.

OMG BLONDES ARE THE CAUSE OF THE WORLDS TROUBLES!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

WHich is what I said.

o0o

as a side note to everyone, i have converted my cousin to the greatness of 'lost'

he watched about the last six episodes of season two on my dvds (which is a great dvd box set, go buy it!!!) and has borrowed my season one box set...

he will watch the new season too!!!

convert everyone you know to watch 'lost'!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Excellent.

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.......

Oh wait, wrong series.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen.......

Oh wait, wrong series.

yupp...

'lost' is definitely the wrong series for trying to foresee future events...

here is new (well, kind of new) information:

From bebechino: Lost! I noticed after last week's chat that you clarified it's Kate who confesses her love to one of the guys, not the other way around. So, it is Kate who comes clean?
Yes, sorry about that. I got my confessee all turned around, but it is Kate who does the confessing, and honestly, the scene breaks your heart! And you'll be hoping it doesn't break somebody else's!

From rolandka19: Any Lost scoop? Is Boone really coming back for the second episode?
Yep. But he's still dead.

From heather: Who's going to die this season on Lost?
So far, I've only seen two beings kick it: (a) a character we knew from before and (b) the cutest little fuzziest more adorable animal (that is not Vincent the dog).

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
the spoiler rule is now in affect...

if you desire to post a spoiler please post a clear warning that you are about to do so...

please note that things from 'the lost experience' are not considered to be spoilers...

thanks for complying

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Which animal is going to die I wonder? Not Vincent eh?

The only other cute fuzzy animal I can think of is....................

maybe-spoiler-i-dunno

The boar?? or the piglet?

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Which animal is going to die I wonder? Not Vincent eh?

maybe another polar bear

we will be seeing another one in this season after all...

plus it can be cute and fuzzy

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Right.

While it mauls your chest and face and chews on your leg.

Awwwwww

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Right.

While it mauls your chest and face and chews on your leg.

true but remember, the information is coming from kristin...

her information can go in any direction...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
promo number six is here!!!

it looks like the others have a folder about jack

and mr friendly walks kate past sawyer while he is in that cage

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
BEWARE: spoiler-ish:

The Oct. 11 episode, called "Further Instructions," will also reveal what happened to Locke (Terry O'Quinn), Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) and Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) when the hatch collapsed in last season's finale, and will find Hurley (Jorge Garcia) returning to camp after being released by the Others.

its not really a full spoiler, but i wanted to warn new readers (who have not been visiting this thread) just in case...

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This collects all the promo's as of the 14th of Sept.
www.youtube.com...

I can't wait for this series. Only a few weeks left!!!

And I can't help but wonder...........

notHenry. Just who is he? Is he actually Him? Or His second in command or what?
In the promo where he talks I get the distinct impression that he is actually in control of far more than we realise.

Anyway, he's my new favourite character! It used to be Locke, now him. Although I am still, oddly enough, attracted to Kate.

Wonder why?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join