It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Well since you put it that way, you're right. I say kill the bast**d.
But I still don't think Lock has it in him to kill him.

Locke doesn't but Saywer does. And that's another reason I believe Cooper is the real Sawyer.

Sorry for DP but this was posted while I was typing.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don't know, Sawyer has softened up some. The Island has changed them alot. And what is Claire sees him? Isn't that her daddy to? This season is full of twist and turns so anything can happen. And if Kate is around I think she'll stop Sawyer from killing him. Just my theory anyway. Everytime I think I got it. " I don't " :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Claire's father is Christian Shephard, Jack's dad.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Oh yeah!! I'm sorry umbrax. What was I thinking. I think I'll rewatch all the seasons after this season just to refresh my memory. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
lol don't be sorry.

A reoccurring theme in Lost is crappy fathers and "six degrees of separation." It is pretty easy to mix 'em up.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
One thing that I'm sure the producers have forgotten about, and probably wont mention again thanks to Eko's departure is that girl he visited that was dead for 3 days. It seems that she had some powers too. Could her father be working for Hanzo? What about Mr. Bennet? Whoops, wrong show

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
And why was Naomi multi-lingual? She seems to speak several common languages very well...

you got that right...

And why is Juliett still working for Ben? There is now no way for her to get home, and she has no reason to follow his orders...

hmmm, maybe there is a way off...

Originally posted by Umbrax
A reoccurring theme in Lost is crappy fathers and "six degrees of separation." It is pretty easy to mix 'em up.

ah, yes...

and, i once read that, if you are watching 'lost' and are asking "why do they all have bad parents," then you are asking the right questions...

Originally posted by DJMessiah
One thing that I'm sure the producers have forgotten about, and probably wont mention again thanks to Eko's departure is that girl he visited that was dead for 3 days. It seems that she had some powers too. Could her father be working for Hanzo?

i don't know about that...

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So, I'm reading Entertainment Weekly dot com, and their weekly post LOST column and came across this in regard to the revelation at the end of the eposide, which I thought was just hilarious:

...what's all this Naomi crazy talk? One possibility: After Oceanic 815 disappeared, maybe a large-scale cover-up was engineered (by Widmore?), wherein reporters and officials were bribed to report the false story, and/or hoodwinked with highly realistic ''evidence.'' If that's too straightforward for you — and only on our favorite Wednesday drama would that be considered straightforward — read on.

Its SOOOOOO true though. Only on LOST could a conspiracy be TOO straightforward.

However, looks like more than just us are thinking Widmore is behind the cover-up.

I still stand by my theory that Naomi (or Penelope for that matter) came to the island only looking, and expecting, to find Desmond.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Its SOOOOOO true though. Only on LOST could a conspiracy be TOO straightforward.

its either that or desmond created another time line and, in that one, the plane really did crash and they found authentic evidence of it...

i like the conspiracy theory way better, though...

and, guess what???

i think i know where the others are

they are above ground in a camp-like setting on a grassy field...

the scene is also filled with tents...

take a look at the preview for 'd.o.c:'

linky...

and then, in the 'the brig' trailer, we heard locke say that he went in ben's tent...

hmmm...

[edit on 27-4-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Does this mean that Paulo and Niki could still be alive?

NO...I'm sure they poisoned them, then buried them alive, just to satisfy the fanbase who wanted them gone, gone, gone....and with bells on, hehe....

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't know, I'd say there's a possibility of them appearing in another episode. If not in a flash back, then at least a hallucination. Almost everyone who has died on the island has returned later on as either a hallucination or the monster.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
now that there is a possible conspiracy in the works, ben's line to michael in the season two finale may make more sense to us...

here is that line:

GALE: Maybe you will, maybe you won't. But it won't matter. Once you leave, you'll never be able to get back here. And my hunch is you won't say a word to anybody because if you do, people will find out what you did to get your son back.

i have always wondered about how "people" may have found out what michael did to get walt back...

i guess we know now...

there really are supporters of ben's group in the outside world...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Mostly Dead is Slightly Alive...

The other "Oh My, God!" moment in this episode came at the very end. The obviously improving, now English speaking parachutist wakes up and tells Hurley that they can't be the survivors of Oceanic 815, which would have crashed approximately 88 days prior to her arrival, as there were no survivors. Screams of, "Oh no, here we go again with the purgatory" echoed across the internet! I think there can be a much simpler and much less controversial answer. We know that up until the sky turned purple, the Other's had contact with the outside world. It is possible that someone from the outside world was made aware that the plane crashed on the island. That powerful someone, whose job it is to protect the island, would do whatever he/she could in order to keep people away from the actual location of the island. Although I am not a conspiracy theorist, I don't think it is a far stretch to imagine that another airliner could be conveniently destroyed and the wreckage found in the middle of the ocean, more on course with their original destination, with no survivors – or even bodies for that matter.

Just like the flare that Hurley set off at the beginning of this episode, the forums lit up after it ended. No matter which way you fall on the are they or aren't they all dead debate, or any other debate for that matter, we all must agree that in the back half of Season 3, Lost has most definitely found itself once again.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

It is possible that someone from the outside world was made aware that the plane crashed on the island. That powerful someone...

...is Charles Widmore. I'm calling it now. He covered up the plain wreck, for whatever reason. The plane very much crashed. And the "recovery" was very much a cover up.

Also, rumor has is NO FLASHBACKS THIS WEEK. That means 48 minutes of hot island on island action. Um...or...something like that. This week looks like it's going to be thrilling, exciting, and action packed.

Can't wait!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

...is Charles Widmore. I'm calling it now. He covered up the plain wreck, for whatever reason. The plane very much crashed. And the "recovery" was very much a cover up.

i called that first

Also, rumor has is NO FLASHBACKS THIS WEEK. That means 48 minutes of hot island on island action. Um...or...something like that. This week looks like it's going to be thrilling, exciting, and action packed.

Can't wait!

i thought that this was going to happen...

i read that rumor a while ago...

i never really thought that locke would get another flashback so soon from his last one...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Also, rumor has is NO FLASHBACKS THIS WEEK.

about that...

where did you get that information from???

it seems odd that there would be no flashbacks at all...

the only episode that i can think of that didn't have a flashback is the pilot (but even this had flashbacks of certain characters while on the plane)...

and, yes, i categorize island flashbacks as flashbacks...

it appears that 'greatest hits' has been confirmed to be charlie-centric...

also, there are interesting guest stars in this episode:

Tania Raymonde - Alex
Blake Bashoff - Karl
Nestor Carbonell - Richard Alpert
Mira Furlan - Rousseau

Jeremy Shada - Young Charlie
Zack Shada - Young Liam
L. Scott Caldwell - Rose
Sam Anderson - Bernard

in addition to all of this, it looks like there will be a clip show that will air on thursday, may 17:

A look at the questions that have been answered and the mysteries yet to be solved for the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 will be the focus of a new special -- in anticipation of the upcoming season finale episode -- on "Lost: The Answers," airing Thursday, May 17 on ABC

The Special is Hosted by “Lost” Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse ABC once again invites new and avid “Lost” viewers to take another look at one of the most talked about and critically acclaimed shows. “Lost: The Answers” will explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date -- but which current viewers will also find illuminating – in anticipation of the Season Finale episode. The special will take an in-depth look at the mysteries of both the island and its inhabitants and recap the secrets that have been revealed, as well as those that remain unanswered.

Hosted by “Lost” executive producers Damon Lindelof (also a co-creator of the show) and Carlton Cuse, the special will revisit mysteries that have been solved, including why a polar bear is on an island in the South Pacific, who the real father of Sun’s baby is, what caused the crash of Oceanic flight 815, who was in the hatch, what happened to the Dharma group, how Locke ended up in a wheelchair, what Kate did to become one of America’s most wanted, and the identity of the real Sawyer -- who conned James Ford’s parents – leading to their deaths. In addition, mysteries that remain unsolved will also be explored.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

where did you get that information from???

The best LOST podcast on the net, JayandJack.com.

Remember, the Desmond episode was not a flashback either. Just pure Desmond.

This won't be the first time they haven't had flashbacks, even though earlier I said that Desmond's episode didn't count, I take that back, it does.

And you're right, you did call it first...BUT, I did mention in one of my podcasts I thought that Widmore was going to come into play soon.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The best LOST podcast on the net, JayandJack.com.

thanks...

Remember, the Desmond episode was not a flashback either. Just pure Desmond.

which one, 'flashes before your eyes' or 'catch-22'???

well, if you don't believe that desmond traveled back in time then 'flashes' was a flashback episode...

'catch-22' had a flashback too...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

which one...

"'Flashes Before Your Eyes." And the producers have said that Desmond did indeed experience a form of time travel, although they didn't elaborate. Also, watch the episode again. There was no "flashback sound" used at all.

I think Desmond is some type of precog, and has been his whole life, and is capable of a form of time travel. However, the hatch event was so traumatic that it triggered that time travel power. He's still not aware that he can do it, or that he did...but, I think that by the end of the series, Desmond will realize that he can do it at time, and I think he'll use this power to save someone's life.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

"'Flashes Before Your Eyes." And the producers have said that Desmond did indeed experience a form of time travel, although they didn't elaborate. Also, watch the episode again. There was no "flashback sound" used at all.

i thought so...

i was just playing devil's advocate

thanks for the clarification, though...

and, yes, he did time travel (i heard about what the producers said too)...

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join