It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
character promo pictures are here!!!

these are going to be what the characters look like (i guess) in the first episode...

i wonder where they get the perfect looking clothes on this strange island

linky...

expect larger versions to be up soon...

EDIT:

upon reading this sentence a few times, i will have to take it back and declare it false:

"these are going to be what the characters look like (i guess) in the first episode"...

the pictures are just promotional photos...

i made a stupid mistake

sorry...

[edit on 23-8-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
just watched the promo trailer mentioned before...

it's pretty great...

it features the main characters saying who they were before the crash and locke saying how one could change who their identity completely while on the island...

then it ends with jack saying "who will i be?"...

jack, and his choosing to stay with "the others" or returning to the lost-a-ways, will defenetely be a theme this year

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by JackofBlades
HIS DAD!!! Oh wait, he bought it.

did he

remember, his coffin was empty...

There was also all that fuss over whether his dad was 'Him' (the leader of the Others) a whle back too.
I think personally though that its pretty obvious notHenry is Him, and he said what he said in the hatch to cover his tracks.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

There was also all that fuss over whether his dad was 'Him' (the leader of the Others) a whle back too.
I think personally though that its pretty obvious notHenry is Him, and he said what he said in the hatch to cover his tracks.

yupp, i remember...

jack's dad may not be the leader of the others, but he may be alive

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
high-res character promo pictures are here:

linky...

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Interview: Terry O'Quinn...

IGN: Do you think Locke was frustrated because of his isolation of just pressing a button all the time?

O'Quinn: I think he was frustrated because he thought getting into the hatch and finding [what was in it] was going to give him some definition and was going to maybe be the answer to his life's work. It was kind of like the old man and the mountain: if he got up there he was going to get the answer and he was going to find some peace of mind and some meaning - something that would drive him forward. But it didn't.

IGN: Do you think he does next season?

O'Quinn: I don't know if he finds it, but I think he continues to seek it. I think he has to. I think he's driven and often to his detriment to hurt himself and hurt others simply to find 'why are we here?' only on a personal level. You know - he's asking that question: why am I here?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
there will be a new character introduced in episode 3 ('the glass ballerina' [sun-centric]):

"colleen," late 30s, tough, obvious military training. doesn't flinch when a gun is shoved in her face. trusts few people on the island and only allows herself to be emotionally vulnerable in front of her significant other. no, it it not known who that is.

it is being speculated that she could be an "other"...

this allows the question:

who will do the gun shoving???

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
from "kristin's chat:"

"Phil asks: I'd love some lost info. You're the best
Korbi_Ghosh replies: Our very own Dr. Anna Graham caught up with Damon Lindelof at a pre-Emmy event hosted by the Writers Guild. She asked him about Charlie's frequently altered state (either from heroin or from apparently being shellshocked by the explosion at the end of season two), and Damon said, "I think whether or not Charlie is straight or using is an ongoing question for not only the fans to decipher, but more importantly, for the woman he loves. I, for one, am rooting for him. I hope he's not using." So Claire's going to have a little "Is he or isn't he?" project on her hands. He also joined Carlton in pointedly avoiding the question of whether Claire and Jack might share a father. Interesting, no?

badsamaritan asks: I saw Bailey Chase, aka Graham from BtVS's naked butt on Skinemax. Now give me Lost scoop
Korbi_Ghosh replies: More from Damon: He said that the planned series finale of Lost is a "happy...but tragic" ending, which probably means they get rescued, but lots of characters are offed before it's all over.

Bongo asks: Did Damon say anything about the new characters at ALLLL??
Korbi_Ghosh replies: He told Anna that Elizabeth Mitchell is a regular, while Rodrigo and Kiele are contracted to be recurring characters. He also pointed out that recurring characters can always become regular characters, but "You have to make room." Ruh-roh!

gaobsession21 asks: How about something that's NOT Lost.
Korbi_Ghosh replies: Or how about more Lost?: I pestered Kristin about those Lost blind items that she tortured us with a couple weeks ago, and this is what I got out of her: when we meet up with the three castaways (that are in Others captivity), Sawyer is in a cage! …whichactually, Josh Holloway in a cage… oh, sorry, I got distracted. Anyway, Kristin promised she will reveal the whereabouts of Kate and Jack in the next chat. FYI: The two of them are not together.

nugge7 asks: LOST!!! MORE LOST!!!
Korbi_Ghosh replies: Damon continued to promise that "consummation [on the love triangle] is coming." He's also planning ahead for the reaction to that consummation, saying, "I feel like we're giving the audience what they're asking for, so I'm preparing for the slings and arrows of the Dave-and-Maddie argument, which is, 'Why did you let them sleep together?' " I'll post Dr. Graham's full interview with Damon on the message boards after the chat, so you can parse all the finer points to your heart's content"

i cannot find the original source for the above information, sorry...

here is some more interesting stuff:

Interview: Jorge Garcia...

Interview: Michael Giacchino...

additionally, there are being reports that they are filming a locke episode

we could find out what put him in the wheelchair very early in the season...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
E!Online: Damon Lindelof Interview...

Some More Behind The Scenes Photo's...

Spoilerfix: August 29th...

Expanding on the 08/19 spoilers posted below on the Jack's flashback with the choking girl in the park: Also in that scene, Sarah is talking to a male teacher who may be more than a friend, and a little girl (the choking girl?) ends the scene by telling Jack not to trust Sarah. A scene was filming at the Hawaii Convention Center today, a Locke flashback (?) at the Sydney International Airport. I saw Locke in his chair, but he was shirtless. He seemed to be pointing or gesturing as he's pushed through the crowd of travelers. It almost seemed like it was a "dream sequence."

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
time for speculation / theory:

my theory, which was born out of information i have read elsewhere, involves the "others" and their separation from the hanso foundation. the hanso foundation funded the dharma initiative, but both of these entities have very different goals. the hanso foundation's mission, as funded by alvar hanso, is:

"The Hanso Foundation stands at the vanguard of social and scientific research for the advancement of the human race. For forty years, the foundation has offered grants to worthy experiments designed to further the evolution of the human race and provide technological solutions to the most pressing problems of our time. The Hanso Foundation: a commitment to encouraging excellence in science and technology and furthering the cause of human development."

a brief understanding of alvar hanso is needed to fully understand the reasoning behind the seperation of the hanso foundation and the dharma initiative. the following is a brief biography:

Driven by a need for privacy and a deep-seated sense of humility, Alvar Hanso has released few details of his personal life to the public.

He first made his mark during the Second World War, providing munitions to various resistance movements around Europe. After the War, Hanso became the leading purveyor of high-technology armaments to NATO.

After decades of keeping the world safe through the development of sophisticated weapons systems, Hanso turned his attention to critical areas of science and technology - always searching for new ways to improve the human experience, and create a brighter future for all humanity.

this alvar hanso character seems like a great man, as he wants to help the human race as a whole. but, what if this is a ploy and he has hidden motives? what if he desires to effect the human race as a whole in a negative way? okay, so hanso has these evil hidden plans for mankind and he funds the dharma initiative. here is some information that should be understood in order to gully realize the potential of this theory:

The DHARMA Initiative (Department of Heuristics And Research on Material Applications Initiative) is a mysterious research project, which has a large presence on the Island.

The initiative was allegedly founded in 1970 by Gerald and Karen DeGroot, two doctoral candidates at the University of Michigan. It was or is financially backed by the mysterious Danish industrialist and munitions magnate, Alvar Hanso and his Hanso Foundation. The alleged purpose of the Initiative was to create "a large-scale communal research compound where scientists and free-thinkers from around the globe could pursue research in meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology, electromagnetism, and utopian social-"

the founders of the dharma initiative really want to help the human race (thus they have no evil hidden agenda). the dharma initiative does not have a connection to war at all. the background of the initiative is completely peaceful. now take a look at the brief background of alvar hanso. he is full of war connections. take a look at as to why the dharma initiative was created, so scientists and free-thinkers could study peaceful subjects.

the point this theory is trying to make is that alvar hanso has an evil hidden agenda and that he using the dharma initiative so that this hidden agenda can be continued. the degroots and everyone involved with dharma have no idea that their peaceful initiative is being used to further this evil agenda. so, one day, the scientists of the dharma initiative at the island say "enough" (quoting from actor michael emerson, who plays false henry gale, from the audio interview posted in this thread). the scientists somehow find out about hanso's evil hidden plans and they separate themselves from hanso.

the "others" (which are really fomer dharma initiative scientists) are the "good guys" (quoting from false henry gale from the season two finale) because they are fighting off evil hanso. the "others" always use the word "good" to describe them. the viewers of the show ask, "how can they be good if they do all this bad stuff?" well, maybe, what the "others" do is for the greater good. since hanso desires to effect the whole of humanity in a negative way, the "others" sometimes kill the survivors of the plane crash or sometimes attack and kidnap them, but this is okay because it is only a few survivors (as opposed to the whole human race).

i have a great feeling that the separation of the dharma initiative and the hanso foundation is still continuing to this present day (in the show's time). this is strengthened by the fact that the "others" interact with the survivors of the crash (to help their cause against hanso). this separation could be a main storyline of the show.

as of now, it is difficult for me to go into further detail (i started college today). if you have any questions or additions to the theory, please post them. i would like to thank the information about 'lost' all over the internet because i used it to piece together this theory. please note, this theory is not a new idea.

i hope you enjoyed reading...

EDIT:

here is the link to the interview i quoted from:

Michael Emerson PodCast Interview...

it is a great listen and it actually inspired me to get this theory into written form...

[edit on 29-8-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I don't know if you have watched the Hanso Experience TSA but if you do you find out that there is alot on the Island. It is a top secret research facility where Hanso hoped to discover a way around the Valenzetti Equation (the VE shows how long humanity has until we kill ourselves).

The Others are hinted to be people who were testing a 'vaccine' on an uidentified group of people. The vaccine was actually some as yet unknown chemical which at least one of them had problems with.
There are still some unanswered questions.

However, I believe that the actual 'test' within the Swan was the application of the vaccine. Remember, it didn't actually do anything to protect people from the atmosphere of the Island, so what DID it do?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Remember, it didn't actually do anything to protect people from the atmosphere of the Island, so what DID it do?

please explain, i am in awe

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Okay, you know how Desmond was injecting himself with that 'vaccine'? And Ethan gave it to Claire's fetus?

Remember Kelvin said that it had to be injected because the Island was contaminated with something.....right before going out with his protective helmet on?

Well the Sri Lanka video has Thomas Mittlewerk (who is, due to Hano's absence, the current head of the Hanso Foundation) speaking to a group of people and telling them...

We all know what happened- the DHARMA Initiative failed.
We have tried to change those values by manipulating the environment in many, many ways.
We have done our level best, and yet...
So now, we have to take radical action...
...and I just want to tell all of you, that I trust you to do what is best.
The villages of Filan (?) and Vetul-Milani (?) have allowed us to test our vaccine on them.
They think they are infected by a virus carried by local macaques and they believe we are bringing them the cure.
So when you go in, you have to keep up the story...
You know it by heart, don't waver...
Then the bodies of the dead must be brought to the station immediately for full genetic work-up
We must make absolute certain we are hitting precise genetic targets...we have engineered into the virus."
there are gaps because it isn't complete.

I think that reading that it is clear that on the Island now, there is no DHARMA, and that something alot more sinister.

You should really follow it TSA. Go onto YouTube and seacrh for hanso experience. You can find what's been uncovered on there.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
w0w jackofblades that is interesting...

yes, i should be following the "lost experience"...

it seems really fun...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
here is a youtube video that has some guy talking about various spoilers (that includes how locke lost the use of his legs):

linky...

this is one spoiler that i don't want to read (or hear)

i didn't watch this clip...

i rather wait for the airing of this secret on television

additionally, it could all be BS...

if you desire to post the spoilers that were revealed in the clip, please post a warning in bold that you are about to do so...

also, there are being reports that a new season three trailer (with season three footage) is being aired...

here is what one person saw in the trailer:

- kate, sawyer and jack in that order looking pretty worn down and dirty...
- they appear to be in the same clothes they were in at the end of season 2...
- mainly face shots of the characters...
- there's a shot of kate close up looking at something...
- sawyer behind wooden bars shaking them, it seems sawyer is out in the woods / open area but it's such a close shot too it is hard to tell...
- then they show jack trying to open some heavy door with a crank wheel on it (like something you would see on a submarine)...
- they show the door opening and a flood of water rushing in and taking jack down...
- the announcer guy over the ad says something like "just try to escape"...

this trailer sounds awesome, if this is not BS (which it could be)...

i am still waiting for it to be loaded onto youtube...

once it does, i will post a link here...

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
so, who drew the mural in the swan hatch???

desmond!!!

On the Season 2 DVD Extras we find out that it was actually Desmond who drew the Mural.

i kind of knew that this mystery might not have been solved on the show (or will it???) because the swan hatch is no more...

Lost star Kim Yun-jin says creator eased concerns about submissive character...

The actress said Sun will show more of her true self in the upcoming third season of Lost.
"I have been told that we will see the dark side of her this season. We will see her make a mistake or two," she said.

exciting stuff

maybe her baby really isn't jin's???

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
and here it is!!!

the glorious (and short) new season three promo with all new season three footage:

linky...

and here are stills from the clip:

linky 2...

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
here are some set photos:

linky...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
okay...

after watching alvar hanso's "sri lanka" orientation video, i have altered my initial theory...

i still have a very strong feeling the those "others" are a separate entity from hanso and even dharma. please watch the video linked above, it is well worth it (even though it's from "the lost experience"). at the ending of the video, a dharma scientists voices concerns about giving this vaccine to the tribes because it is killing them. the main speaker scientist (the guy that is standing in the video) says something like it is okay because they are going to stop all disease and death and pain because of what they are doing.

do you see it? the "greater good" still plays a part in this theory. the main scientist believes that killing some villagers is okay because they will eventually save the whole human race. that other scientist voices his concerns about killing innocent villagers, he doesn't feel it is right to do this. i believe that 'lost' is going to try (this season) to show the viewers an actual good side to the "others." so, this is why i believe that the "others" are a group of people that separated from hanso / dharma because they have the same mentality as that scientist who didn't want to kill innocent villagers in the video.

of course, i don't know why the "others" (well ethan) killed scot or steve (in season one). maybe the "others" only kill (and resort to violence in general) if the losties ask for it by not following their stipulations. maybe even, the "others" don't have much time to complete their goals / missions so they must kill / result to violence because of this. even though they believe killing is wrong, they also believe that they have to do this sometimes because they have no other options. it's kind of shaky but this is generally what i now think.

also, in that video, the main speaking scientist says that dharma failed because they altered the environment on the island. sometime around this alteration of the environment, the dharma presence on the island basically went to hell. just take a look at the blast door map. some hatches were destroyed and all this other bad stuff happened. maybe the "others" (who were just dharma scientists by this time) sabotaged dharma's missions because of their mentality (that the "greater good" way of thought is wrong).

this is why they are the "good guys." again, i really think that we are going to see a good side to the "others" this season. their goals are good, but they do bad things to reach their goals. they hate resorting to evil ways, but it must be done to reach this ultimate good goal.

if you desire to discuss "the lost experience" in detail, please do it in this thread:

The Official "The Lost Experience" Thread...

i don't want this thread to be confusing...

remember, the only thing that is "cannon" is what airs on television. "the lost experience" claims to eventually answer some 'lost' mysteries (like the numbers for example), but i highly doubt that they would solve this mystery on the internet and not on the actual show, that would be dumb. the 'experience' is just some additional fun for 'lost' fans, but it may actually help in understanding 'lost' as a whole.

please see this link for additional information:

'the lost experience'...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join