It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth and all the findings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hey everyone! I came across this thought today while looking at a few posts here on ATS. On the topic of Groom Lake, Toponah Test Range, and other odd "bases" or whateer, do you guys think the program Google Earth has positively or negatively added to the facts about these areas and to the theories? Essentially, anyone can now go on to Google Earth and zoom, with incredibly precision, into the Area 51 facility and look at all sorts of great things and then scan the many hills in the surrounding areas searching for secret runways or other secret bases. Whether anything is actually found is not so much the point as we may never know what is really out there, but I guess what I'm trying to ask is do you think Google Earth has added to the credibility of theories about secret bases or has it somewhat knocked out these stories?

Thanks for your input, and sorry if it is worded a bit strange...
Can't wait to see how you guys feel about this topic!

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well, it certainly has invited alot of speculation about the place than before.

For example, images of the new runway being built there have caused people to wonder what the hell needs such a monster to take off in the first place.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I strongly doubt you will find any real secrets using GE, perhaps disinformation?! However its a great tool for doing background research/learning and if it spurs some kind of interest for looking/digging around that gotta count for something!

Seems like lots and lots of people use GE to peek around places like area 51 looking for clues. When the web really took of those places got waaay to much attention to them. If i were "into" this kind of shadow_ish activity i would most certainly find a location no one notices.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Google earth is not very realistic, when you think about it.

First off all it doesnt show anything that the government doesnt want you to see.

This leads me to believe that by showing people area 51, even if the picture it a few years old, the are taking attention away from other more secretive activities that arent covered by GE.

Just my $0.02

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I found a lot of the images on Google Earth to be (in some parts) up to six yrs old (see thread).
A fun program to play with.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

FATMAN

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
google earth is crappy, it has over 5 yr old pics and believe me, they aren't updated like most believe, so anything seen at these "top secret" bases are old as hell and why is everyone complaining so much about these things, so what if the gov has new aircraft, so what if they're working with aliens on these new aircraft, you think the usa is the only ones? reality check people, im a marine, i'll agree to top secret files, i'll agree to all types of stuff cause its probably true about all of it, leave it be and let them do what they want, we're paying more in taxes for inmates serving a lift time in jail then we are with the gov in these "top secret" projects of theres.

Fixed italics & quotation

[edit on 17-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
Google earth is not very realistic, when you think about it.

First off all it doesnt show anything that the government doesnt want you to see.

This leads me to believe that by showing people area 51, even if the picture it a few years old, the are taking attention away from other more secretive activities that arent covered by GE.

Just my $0.02

The Govmt actaully wants them to pull ALL of the facilites off the program, however, there's no legal basis for them to do so. They've alread tried on more than one occasion to get them to remove the areas they don't like. They just don't have to power to make them, since they don't get the pics from the US govt's satellites... mainly russian sats. Russia is willing to sell alot of things to make a buck right now...

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
are you trying to imply something about Russia! The Motherland

no kiding
beware a baldy Russian

posted on Aug, 17 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
are you trying to imply something about Russia! The Motherland

no kiding
beware a baldy Russian

OK...back on topic...

It's Goggle Earth...

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtmaynard
google earth is crappy, it has over 5 yr old pics and believe me, they aren't updated like most believe, so anything seen at these "top secret" bases are old as hell and why is everyone complaining so much about these things, so what if the gov has new aircraft, so what if they're working with aliens on these new aircraft, you think the usa is the only ones? reality check people, im a marine, i'll agree to top secret files, i'll agree to all types of stuff cause its probably true about all of it, leave it be and let them do what they want, we're paying more in taxes for inmates serving a lift time in jail then we are with the gov in these "top secret" projects of theres.

Fixed italics & quotation

[edit on 17-8-2006 by masqua]

There are setting for Google Eath so you can see when the pics were take for each area... I believe Edwards just got a big update. I know a few areas just got new photos when they moved to the new version of GE.

new topics

top topics

join