It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Poll Says 87% Want BUSH Impeached

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
MSNBC. 290,000 people. I wonder what kind of results would have prevailed had Al-Jazeera taken the poll? Or, DUH! Fox News? New York Times? Sean Hannity's website?

As I tried to point out, these numbers don't mean anything. Its all in ......the word evades me, but in that media's audience.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Although this poll might not be scientific, it does echo the growing sentiments of an ever increasing number of citizens.

There has been a lot of talk that an impeachment can't/won't happen because the Republican owned Congress would never impeach their own. However, there is a little known loophole that was left to us, courtesy of T. Jefferson, that an impeachment can be done by the states.

Here are a few links for those who are interested in knowing more.

Articles of impeachment against G.W. Bush by Rhode Island

Impeaching George W. Bush

Impeaching Bush is just the start

Why our small town called for Bush to be impeached

The people's path to impeachment

Citizens out front on impeachment

Impeachment talk reaches the mainstream

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Scientific?

Sorry, but there is no poll on God's green earth that would make anyone here change their mind.

A scientific poll is the same as me knocking on a few doors and getting some answers.

Bushies dont like science either....They cant. Bush said so.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Scientific or not most polls state an expected margin of error though I can't seem to find it on this one.

I can't believe it would be large enough to still not say what it it says. Staggerring numbers of Americans have lost faith in their president, and it's probably accross the board, but it would have been more interesting if they actually had asked party affiliation on this one.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes
Although this poll might not be scientific, it does echo the growing sentiments of an ever increasing number of citizens.

Just out of curiosity...how does it reflect ‘citizens’?...and for that matter...from where?

This is an online poll, yes? Available to anyone worldwide, citizen or not…and certainly not age restrictive...

More accurately stated: “87% of people (anyone at any age) worldwide that have access to online computers took and took time to vote, voted to impeach Bush in a non-scientific survey”…

mg

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
MSNBC didn't have to publish this poll, but there's a growing number of people who know that
this administration has gone too far.

They betrayed our trust and people are sick of it.

Personally, Id like to see the results of a blind poll of combat veterans and active duty soldiers.

Asking what they think about their own future.

They won't abandon their buddies, but I'll bet you they are none to pleased with this administration.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Really,

Who needs a poll to figure out whats going down. All it does or should do is open some eyes, and try to figure out why. If i were the staunchiest Republican out there i could still see through the fog. I dont mean to tell others how to think, but wow- what that man has done!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think these numbers are DEAD NUTS accurate and I voted for W.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by missed_gear

Just out of curiosity...how does it reflect ‘citizens’?...and for that matter...from where?

This is an online poll, yes? Available to anyone worldwide, citizen or not…and certainly not age restrictive...

More accurately stated: “87% of people (anyone at any age) worldwide that have access to online computers took and took time to vote, voted to impeach Bush in a non-scientific survey”…

mg

My thoughts exactly.

It is an open web poll, and more than likely, non-Americans might have pushed up the numbers signifigantly. After all, everyone world wide hates Bush.

However, I still think that given the number of Americans who are dissatisfied with his job, Id say that perhaps 55 or 60% of people in the states would like to see him removed.

He is losing massive support from his fellow Republicans.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
.....And he doesnt care- wanna know why? Because everything is already in place for him to give the go ahead and start the police state, nukes, no elections, YOU NAME IT, HE WILL DO IT.

The time is here. The stage is set. Bush ruined America under the guise of protecting us against terror. He's won.
He doesnt give a diddly if his polls are "0" % against him- he's done it. He has what he now wants. A dictatorship, and a way to STAY. Bunkers, his family and little Dick to while away the time till its time to come up for air.

Mission: Accomplished.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The time is here. The stage is set. Bush ruined America under the guise of protecting us against terror. He's won.

Bush ain't won jack poo poo. Not until he's killed every last one of us that would dare stand up to him and his crap. So he better be ready to take on about 100 million people with guns, at least. Easy there, DG, this ain't over by a long shot.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Eh that is very misleading. There wasn't a viable answer in between impeachment and a slap on the wrist. I personally think there are many things he's done wrong and he is not a very good president, but I wouldn't go as far as impeachment.

There are things "approaching high crimes and misdemeanors" but nothing with concrete evidence that I would say warrants impeachment (at this time). But, having a negative opinion of his presidency currently, I would be inclined to answer with impeachment over "nothing approaching high crimes."

Just another example of how polls are written affecting the results (not even taking sample size, demographic information, etc into account).

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Heh. Nice poll results

Technically, Congress can vote on taking a President out of office if they deem him mentally unfit for the position. Now how will we ever convince them that Bush is mentally unfit?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this poll. How do you explain his approval rating which isn't at 13%. So this poll can't be trusted and is crap. You can tell it is a liberal site which is where everyone hates bush.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yet another fun poll:

Poll: President Bush would lose to Kerry and Gore today

According to a survey by Scripps Howard News Service released by Ohio University which asked 1,010 "Americans to ponder their options in every U.S. presidential election held since 1964," two term President George W. Bush would lose to both Senator John Kerry and former Vice President Al Gore.

More...

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Even if 20% were granted on this poll as a margin of error, 67% would still favor the impeachment. That's pretty actionable to me.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Edit: Disregard post or delete

[edit on 9-8-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
TA, it's in my first post.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I know loam...Actually the problem was a lil security issue...I wasn't seeing the poll. I don't give ActiveX and Java to everyone ya know?

But check this out, I just voted and saw:

Live Vote
Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?
* 306238 responses

Yes, between the secret spying, the deceptions leading to war and more, there is plenty to justify putting him on trial.
86%

No, like any president, he has made a few missteps, but nothing approaching "high crimes and misdemeanors."
4.4%

No, the man has done absolutely nothing wrong. Impeachment would just be a political lynching.
7.3%

I don't know.
1.8%
Not a scientific survey. Click to learn more. Results may not total 100% due to rounding.

edit to add: So I suppose this would level out more when say 5 million people voted...

[edit on 9-8-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
And this one a little more serious....

19% who voted for Bush will pick Dems in Nov

Republicans determined to win in November are up against a troublesome trend - growing opposition to President Bush.

An Associated Press-Ipsos poll conducted this week found the president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

More sobering for the GOP are the number of voters who backed Bush in 2004 who are ready to vote Democratic in the fall's congressional elections - 19 percent. These one-time Bush voters are more likely to be female, self-described moderates, low- to middle-income and from the Northeast and Midwest.

More...

Well, well.... It ain't lookin' good...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join