It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some activity in Rhode Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I was at the beach with my girlfreind around midnight last night when we noticed a B2 flying triangle fly overhead (not sure if thats what they are called). It was massive.

Around 20 minutes later the nearby military base erupted.

It looked and sounded like repeated missile launches. The whole sky was lighting up. And you could hear what sounded like distant "booms". I mean like 5-20 flashes every second. All you could hear was rumbling like it was the start of the end of the world.

There were no fireworks shows. I checked GoogleEarth and the only place near where this happened is a VERY large Air Force base called Quonset. It was a sustained light show on the horizon for around 20 minutes. The first thing we both said to each other was "Are we at war or under attack?". I was convinced we just started a war with the rest of the world.

Nothing on the news. Nothing said about it from the Military. And I didn't hear anybody else around here talking about it.

Im more curious then anything to what they actually did. If you asked me I would say we launched about 150 ICBM's or they were testing out some pyrotechnics or a missile defense battery.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

[edit on 30-7-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This sounds interesting did you contact the authorities to see if they had an explanation,if it sounded like "the start of the end of the world" hopefully there are other witnesses.

Good luck in your search for answers.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Quonset is a state airport with an Air National Guard wing stationed there. The ANG at Quonset is part of the 143rd Airlift wing - C130Js not B2s. It is no longer an Air Force base. www.globalsecurity.org...

It is also in a fairly populated area so there would surely be some reports in the media. Are you sure you were near Quonset? What beach were you at? There is a naval station in Newport that could also have been the source.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
what is the point of launching "we launched about 150 ICBM's"..

I think you were trippin' on something..

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
there is a warning area right of the coast with a area sectioned off for live fire exercizes. i'm not as familiar with that one as i am with the ones off of the va/de/nj coast, but that's probably what you saw...a live fire exercize.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Community College of Rhode Island: Quonset Training & Technology Center

EDIT:hode Island State of: Quonset Point State Arport N KGTN Bldg P-1 QNST PT

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It was coming exactly from the direction of Quonset Air Base.

There are also a few islands called Hope Island and Despair Island, deserted islands in that general direction (very close to the air base). They could be used for Military purposes such as firing ranges.

The plane could have been a C130 that I had seen. Maybe because of the light pattern underneath the airplane made it look triangular, and maybe because it was flying so low made it look so large (c-130's are large anyways).

The airstrip is also massive. It could probably land a space shuttle. The runway is 1.5 miles long if I measure it on Google Earth. It has a small extension that looked like it could be used which makes the runway 1.75 miles.

I was about 10 miles away so I dont think I would necessarily hear c-130 gunship training. But im not an expert. And from the type of sound, im not sure the armament on the C-130's would have made the same type of ruckus. But I wouldn't know what C-130 gunship fire would sound like anyways.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't hear anyting about that on the local stations. The way RI is, we would have been bombarded with info the moment it happened. And it's not like the local media has any love for the federal gvt.

Where in Rhode Island do you live? I'm right in the middle of Providence myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Same here man, damn, I live maybe 5 minutes from Quonset and I haven't 'heard' anything. Although I do recall a few weeks ago I heard what I thought was a rolling thunder in the distance. I remember because I thought it weird for such a clear evening. Was it near sunset? There is also that base on rt.2 in NK. I have been seeing mucho action from them lately. Many multiple chinook groups flying over my home. According to the webpage;
RI Air National Guard

In the largest Rhode Island National Guard movement to the Southwest Border, 200 soldiers of the 1/103rd Field Artillery will travel to Arizona to support U.S. Customs & Border Patrol Operations
The 1/103rd’s movement to Arizona is part of Operation Jump Start.

I checked the calendar for July and there were no maneuvers scheduled. If anyone hears some news, please post.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I live in Newport County, directly across the bay from the Quonset area.

It almost did sound like rolling thunder. It even lit up the sky like a rolling thunder/lighting storm. I have noticed alot of "rolling thunder" lately this past year. I doubt it is actually anything nature is creating.

But that is what they would want us to beleive.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Can anyone of you, take some photos of this area in daytime, and night life?

Whats the coordinates to this for g.e.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
MAYBE THEY ARE GEARING UP TO BE READY FOR THE PHYCIC READERS PREDICTION THAT WAS POSTED HERE , THAT A NUCLEAR BOMB TO BE DROPPED IN VIRGINIA IN AUGUSST. HMM, WHAT YEAR , WELL SINCE AUGUST IS GONE OF THIS YEAR MAYBE 2007 OF AUGUST WHEN THE END OF TIMES STARTS HMM I SEE IT NOW. WELL MAYBE WE NEED PROOF SEND SOME PHOTOS OR SOME EASY LISTENING OF THE ORDEAL. LETS GET THE FACTS.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think its illegal to post coordinates/sketches/ or photgraphs of US Military installations.

Even though it falls under Freedom of the Press. Alot of laws spit on the Bill of Rights. That is another thread and another debate.

With the police state tactics and unconstitional laws in place, id rather not have to goto war to protect myself when they come knocking on my door over some weapons testing that I posted about on the internet.

I wish I did have a video camera because I would of taped the lights and captured the audio of the noises. But I didnt. Unless it happens again, you are all out of luck as far as proof.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Are you sure you did not see the planes and then assume that lightning and thunder was related? The weather info shows lots of violent stormy activity near there around that time. There are just too many people in that area for this to not be in the news.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The weather info shows lots of violent stormy activity near there around that time.

Thought you might be interested in the Boston NEXRAD scans for that period. The storms were about 60 miles from the Quonset area:
10:59 pm EDT

11:28 pm EDT

11:57 pm EDT

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Thanks. Indeed an odd thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImplementOfWar
I think its illegal to post coordinates/sketches/ or photgraphs of US Military installations.

Even though it falls under Freedom of the Press. Alot of laws spit on the Bill of Rights. That is another thread and another debate.

With the police state tactics and unconstitional laws in place, id rather not have to goto war to protect myself when they come knocking on my door over some weapons testing that I posted about on the internet.

I wish I did have a video camera because I would of taped the lights and captured the audio of the noises. But I didnt. Unless it happens again, you are all out of luck as far as proof.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

you americans are chicken bock bock bock.. jk.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i dont think its a war. i lived on fortt hood for a while ever so often. youd hear repeated booms for 10,20,minutes, the sky wouldnt light bright, but it would light up dimly in the distance.

at no time did i suspect war, even though fort hood would be a good target

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Quonset point was never an Air Force Base. It was Quonset Point Naval Air Station. It is now the home of the Rhode Island National Guard. They occupy about 10 percent of the base, while the rest is rusting away and falling apart.

There are just the open to the weather remains of old Navy shops not used since World War 2, at which time they were devoted to torpedo production.

There are a number of smaller businesses there as Rhode Island is trying to get an industrial park going on the site.

The only defense related facility there seems to be a busy branch of the General Dynamics Electric Boat Division, who build some hull sections for nuclear submarines that are then sent by barge to the main plant in Groton, Connecticut for final assembly.

They open this site up for the annual Rhode Island Air Show, including the hangers and anyplace else you might want to wander, and the lack of sinister activity and rot is easy to see.

The Runways and tarmack however are in excellent and well maintained condition, and do support aircraft operations up to the size of the C-5 transport, and fighter aircraft including the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds, perform here every year.

top topics

join