It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot and Humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Do you think that its possible that Bigfoot is just a group of large indigninous people (aka native americans)? Their are pygmies that for generations have been born short, maybe they are born harry and tall. Or not.

fixed title

[edit on 30-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidbones
Do you think that its possible that Bigfoot is just a group of large indigninous people (aka native americans)? Their are pygmies that for generations have been born short, maybe they are born harry and tall. Or not.

You never know. Neanderthals supposedly died out around 40,000 years ago, but what if they hadn't completely disappeared and are wandering the wild places like Tibet or North America's northwest?

Actually a fairly good question. If a contemporary Bigfoot skull is ever found, comparisons to the neanderthal should answer the question.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidbones

fixed title

[edit on 30-7-2006 by masqua]

I disagree that bigfoot is just a tall hairy person,I think it is more like a large ape.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree.
I think the idea of Bigfoot being a large indigenous human is wrong.
What exactly is it indigenous to? Bigfoots (bigfeet?) have been spotted the world over and in different climates and habitats, so it is unlikely that all of these varies environments would produce such similar creatures.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well I see it like this, all I know is that they are real, whatever they are, and that they have been spotted for thousands of years, and you have think there is atleast 69% of the crust man has not touched, I mean, I live in Kentucky, and there are stories from the 1700 and 1800s from Daniel Boone and native americans, weve always had meat stolen, and in the creeks there are big footprints, or where there is construction, the wood over night will be snapped like twigs, I know it's out there, whatever it is. It's out there.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Actually, that about a contemporary bigfoot skull got me thinking. Why hasnt there een any found? We've found contemporary skulls from apes, right down to skulls of humanoids many hundred thousands years old. If they are real, why havent theirs been found?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think they may bury their dead in remote areas or in lakes. They also may have a special place they go to die that has not been found as of yet.

There are many mysteries out there and this is no exception.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Possible. But not one, just one? If people get killed and dumped in a lake, after a while enough gasses acumulate and the body comes up. So called floaters. People have often said they are very intelligent, and burrying their dead would be a sign of that. But then i would think they would make tools, maybe housing. btw, im not saying they dont exist, i'm just looking at it critically. What would be thought of as the best evidence for bigfoot's existence right now?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It could be that bigfoot is like one of those people who has hair all over their face except that they have hair all over their bodies and they were abandoned in the woods and went rogue. Hey it could happen

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remko
Possible. But not one, just one? If people get killed and dumped in a lake, after a while enough gasses acumulate and the body comes up. So called floaters. People have often said they are very intelligent, and burrying their dead would be a sign of that. But then i would think they would make tools, maybe housing. btw, im not saying they dont exist, i'm just looking at it critically. What would be thought of as the best evidence for bigfoot's existence right now?

Yes, I am aware that bodies float but if weighed down, they tend to stay down. They could possibly take the dead into a remote cave burial chamber of sorts. I just don't know.

As far as tools, I have read many accounts where they throw stones or bash sticks against trees when they feel humans are too close. Who knows what else they can do with primitive tools.

I guess the best evidence is film, pictures and prints. That is if they are not hoaxed. It is my belief that there are only a few hundred BF in North America and they migrate in cycles or seasonally. This is JMO from all I have heard and read of course.

It's so hard to say anything for sure. For all I know they may be as dumb as a box of rocks.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Well, the idea of Sasquatch being something like a
Neanderthall is'nt that farfetched of an idea.

For instance, the ancient Greeks told of large very
hairy people who lived in the mountains and deep forests,
who would occasionaly participate in the games.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well, atcually most bodies that are thrown into the water are weighed down, but even stabbed against the floating, after a while still tend to float to the surface, sometimes rotted loose, sometimes with the extra weight and all. (ive read some csi stuff) Bigfoots have been sighted all across America, so there must be a lot of caves, burial sites, ect where they buried their dead throughout the years. Some animals do have places they go to to die. Like elephant cemeteries and the like.
But those are found too. Still no bigfoot bones were ever found. The dutch NGC aired the "is it real" episode of bigfoot last night wich got me thinking about the patterson footage, but ill post that in a new thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dude, I can see we are going to butt heads on this subject.

There are literally thousands of caves left undescovered in NA. BF when not on the move tends to stay in the deep forest unless it has a reason to be near civilization. Imagine how many caves it would be privy to.

Again, the points I make are JMO from research.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Na, we aint gonna butt heads. We're just probably gonna have a looong conversation!

Caves could be a good place to hide their dead in. But then it would look like they make a deliberate to hide their dead.
Just as they would are said to do in general. What first comes to my mind is "No other apes do that. Come on, they're apes, not ninja"s!"

Though the caves would be a definate possibility.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I just don't see them as apes. I believe them to be their own species with variations based on where they are in the world. IE: White in the Himalayas or thinner longer hair in the Everglades.

I think even if they covered a body with leaves and brush in the deep NW, they could go undiscovered. I believe that burial is the most likely way to keep the secret though.

I would say that if you maybe traveled off the beaten path deep into the forest you would be more likely to find a dead BF. Also, who knows, maybe people have come close and that's when they make themselves known to scare us off.

Again, just speculation!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
If bigfoot is real i dont know its that close to being human. But whatever it is, if its real, i do believe its very smart to avoid detection.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
i think bigfoot is just an animal. Nothing human about it. And like all animals...they sometimes wander into populated areas or just accidently come upon humans.

When you think about all the people who are moving into isolated areas to get away from crowds and crime...it is only logical they will come face to face with animals that are not normally seen anywhere else.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Perhaps he is real?, maybe hes not?

It is strange that their has never been a guy with a gun that could just shoot it and kill the ape, I mean everyone in america has a friggin gun!, all these sightings yet noone has ever shot at it ?

Could they possibly go into hibernation for long periods of time?

I have heard that there is patterns to BF sightings (different times of year their has been more sightings)

new topics

join