It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck just happened to me?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Agent... you've inspired me to have childhood nightmares tonight. It's no wonder you have sleep problems. That Mothman is scary. When I was a kid... there was always a man hiding under my bed. My mother had absolutely no sympathy for me, and made me sleep with my door closed & the lights out.... mom's were so mean back then!! If I had to go to the bathroom.... I literally had to stand up on my bed... and jump as far away from the bed as I could get, or he would grab my heels and drag me under the bed. It's no wonder I sucked my thumb as a kid!

Vampire movies used to set me into orbit as a kid.....BAD BAD NIGHTMARES! I'll have to read up on this mothman

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I don't have time to read so forgive if this has been sugested or posted. That drawing looks like a flying fox (common bat, eats fruit).
bat

I should have mentioned these get quite large. You might check to see if they exist in your area. Sleep well -

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just checked out the video via the link someone else gave, and if you read the comments the video is discussed as a politically motivated video concerning Am. justice (lack?). Someone said on that site that the song was performed 1 wk after 9/11, maybe indicating satisfaction (don't know, so don't get angry).
If this creature is Mothman as some have indicated, he seems to be associated with future occurence foretold in the present. Although, it seems to be UFO related. The location given is West VA, where several witnesses claimed preminition.

The only significance I see is the timing: movie in 2002 about events in one of the Virginias, of course 9/11, and the fact of future seeing.

Maybe you tapped into something that will take place in that area where this creature was sighted that will be similar to what took place prior that led to the revamping of this song. Not sure, but maybe.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the link but YOUTUBE has recently been blocked by the UAE censors..I guess someone posted something sexy there..

Ok I got completely beered up last night to assist in the dreamless sleep process..and it worked..Just have a really sore head..I now have my flight details for 7.00pm tonight to Doha..thats exactly 7hrs away.

I will look for one of you guys (maybe one from the chat room) and hand the flight number ticket number to.

I,m getting a feeling that a single flight is not relevent in this case but you never know.and like I said you guys will have one heck of a story if anything does happen..

I,ve seen final destination so I,m not about to try anything to change the outcome

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Definitely El Chupacrabras.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
You say the original experience occurred in England right?

Are you familiar with this story?

A hundred years later some strange corpses washed up in England. They were marine lifeforms but had limbs. They also were reported to have large eyes.

England has quite a large crypto bestiary however alot of it is not as widely reported as some other places.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Once again I feel I must applaud ATS members..
You guys have listened to a story,a lot of regular guys would have taken and ridiculed,and presented nothing but supportive and informative viewpoints.

This is the main reason I was attracted to ATS many years ago and decided to contribute myself relatively recently..

I have read over EVERY post in the thread and followed every link as a mark of respect.(that uae censorship allows)

So I feel no threat by posting details of the flight publicly

Flight113w to Doha 7.00pm departure UAE time.thats GMT+4hrs
Flight114w return to Dubai 8.45PM GMT+3hrs

As I said earlier I am convinced that the ''experience'' yesterday is not related to myself personally or the flights I have to take.

Nevertheless I have given you an opportunity to view signs that present themselves with newly opened eyes if something does come to pass..

I have no regrets regarding decisions I have made in my life.
I have strived to do nothing except try to make people happy.
I have faults,of course but they are my burden alone to carry..

One last thing before I set off on what could be the greatest adventure of my life
"If I hear GROK one more time!!!"

Hopefully I will be here a little later to confound you with more penguin related follies..

I bid you adieu...or should I say Hasta luego.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Good luck Agent. This is one of the rare occassions where I can safely say I hope it is just "all in your head" so that no premonitions come true. Have a safe flight!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
If this IS a mothman occurance (not to strike fear into Agent, but...), then yeah, let's hope his flight goes smoothly. I'm inclined to think this is NOT a mothman incident, though. The dreaming experience seems to throw off the usual mothman encounters. I will admit though that the timing, shortly before a flight, is creepy and unsettling...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

BUT GUYS..THIS THING HAD ARMS/PAWS/LEGS/whatever scratching against the window.With things like bat wings stretched from behind it.

Very interesting description... but what makes you think that it wasn't a bat? bat's can appear very smooth etc, are basically like a rodent with wings. A bat would appear to match your description quite closely.

I'm guessing there isn't anything abnormal about your experience, but I would have been scared to death as well experiencing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
IT,S ALIVE!!!!!!!! AND four bottles of duty free Smirnoff blue richer.

Wow.what a rollercoaster ride of Omens today.
Seriously almost got off the plane

First taxi to airport was in a fender bender.

Boarding pass jammed the machine and the attendant said “looks like you,re flying nowhere.

Looked at the plane and saw the logo (Qatar airlines)I normally fly Emirates.

Well!!! it look like a goat to me

I was expecting a giant Chupacabra with a low IQ to try sinking its fangs into the fuselage during the flight.:lol

Boarded the plane and it looked like it was on fire with ‘smoke’ pouring down the inside..(Was very hot today and the air conditioning was condensing.)

But flight was flawless there and back.

The experience was incredible though.How sheer curiousity alone can drive you to fight your survival instinct to just get up and run away screaming.

I discovered it is not death that scares me.. just dying horribly or painfully

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
But flight was flawless there and back.

That's good to hear Agent. I didn't want to say in the thread, but I had a very vivid bad dream last night about a plane falling from the sky (although it was right in front of my house which is why I woke up in a cold sweat). As soon as I read your thread I immediately got a flashback to the dream. I figured it was just from the fact that I saw like 20 planes over Lake Michigan yesterday when I was at the beach but a teenie part of me was concerned.

Great to hear it all went ok!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Cheersz FIVERZ..I,m glad you didn,t say..

I,ve actually been looking back at MY posts on this thread and i,m sure it was a physical reason for the ''flashback''

mi spellling is atroshus four one

I said it was 15 years ago when it was 25 going back to 1981/2

The style of writing is a little odd too..
I,m going to have to put it down to sleep deprivation causing a microsleep
en.wikipedia.org...

It,s simply possible that because my experience at 13 was terrifying,remained my most recalled memory for many years,and was re-inforced by an eerie song simultaneously that it was only a matter of time before it manifested itself again

I,m still trying to track down what generated the same tempo and pitch.My prime suspect is my PS2 which was happily spinning away in a cabinet drawer(maybe a sound byte through my headphones was playing in demo/intro)

Back to the little blighter in hand.Some said it could have been a bat and how did I see it in the dark.

Well first as astromomers are only too aware of.Unfortunately darkness is not always dark.It was a fairly clear moonlit night but still you could make out the glow of thousands of relatively close sodium streetlights hanging on some clouds.

The moon was bright enough that I could not only make out the shape of a round head with NO ears that I could see and no fur..It had a distinct leathery reptile like skin..but no scales.

Colour.. i would have no idea.It only appeared silvery..shiny in the moonlight
But i know that green would appear completely different under an orange sodium glow.would look more black/purple i imagine.

Bat?.. i thought so too at first.but this thing was standing..securely upright..
There was no internet then but i loved david attenborough and wildlife studies so I know bats tend to crawl ''on all four'' for want of a better term

Thanks again you guys for your attention and concerns.
I,ve now got an interesting looking movie starring Richard Gere to hunt down..Don,t blow the ending for me.. ok?

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I have to say this an interesting story.Especially after watching that video......which unsettled me quite a bit for some reason.I started thinking about this thing i saw with Marilyn Manson,talking about how certain tones envoke certain feelings in people,and how he applies that to his music to give it a certain mood.Perhaps some of the tones in that song triggered something.Just a thought.

Glad to see you made it home alright Agent.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thanks DOC

The method you are referring to is called psycho-acoustics..
Its why movies always seem more intense in cinemas..

They have accurately balanced sound systems that enhance this.
Basically put .You can cause an emotional response by certain instruments and pitches.

Why does a well played violin sound so melancholy in sad scenes.

dischords can generate a feeling of incompletion ,therefore suspense is caused.. a la shower scene in ''psycho''

marching band themes are almost solely used in scenes of action. with swooping brass runs and a pulsing tempo to compliment your elevated heart rate..

In theatres they have almost inaudible sound playing from the speakers behind you to generate paranoia.. ie wanting to look over your shouder

Music is sooooo cool isnt it

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Will also add.Placing images with music is the most powerful way to store it in your memory..

Who doesn,t remember which tune was playing when Connor Mccloud was cremating his wife on the hill in ''highlander''

or which tune was playing as Bruce willis was saying goodbye to yummy Lyv Tyler in''armaggedon''

The list is endless..
Say ''cape fear'' you,ll hear the tune.''Psycho'' or ''Jaws'' you even know what instruments they were..

Which is why this experience re-surfaced after the tune was somehow reproduced

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.. OH OH OH get outta my head

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wow,guess you've already heard of it huh?
Interesting stuff though.Always wondered what it was called.I'll have to look into this more.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yeah it,s my job now..I,ve always been a music lover..

Just for interest take a look at ''Forbidden Planet'' You know the one..

''The Tempest'' Shakespear in space.
Robby the robot
Leslie Nielson...What more can you say?? lol

I was always intrigued by why the movie never '' flowed'' as well as it should have..
Then I got it.. The soundtrack..

I,d become so used to conventional instruments used to create emotional response in movies that I didn,t know how to respond to a synthesised soundtrack.

I thought ''where,s the violin love scene''? or ''why isn,t the orchestra announcing the arrival of the invisible monster''

Louis (1920–1989) and Bebe Barron (b. 1927) were two American pioneers in the field of electronic music. They are credited with writing the first electronic music for magnetic tape, and the first entirely electronic film score for Forbidden Planet.

en.wikipedia.org...
They pioneered electronica way before Thomas Dolby

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
I thought ''where,s the violin love scene''? or ''why isn,t the orchestra announcing the arrival of the invisible monster''

That's a great point ... I am actually gonna start a thread in a few days when I get some research done on that very topic (I am a musician among other things).

It's amazing what the brain thinks it misses ... it's almost like those violins are playing in that everyday situation when it happens to you. Then when someone else is in the same situation on screen it's like "where are those violins?!?!" Sorry to derail the thread, as I said I'll start one in a few days.

Anyways, it'd be great if you kept track of things Agent ... if you have emotional or visual responses to music and how they intertwine with dreams/sleep. I'm really curious as to if what you saw was a bat or if it was really your "mind playing tricks" on you or if it was somewhere in between.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Glad to hear all is well. Next time you see that thing catch it and send us a photo

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join