It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck just happened to me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
First,I am not one for taking sudden flight of fancy or superstitious by nature.My past strange experiences for the most part have been explained but with this one I am stumped so here goes.

Just after 4.00pm here. bright sunlight,having a snack and an ice cold soda.
I decided to resume reading ''STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND'' and whacked on ''I,ROBOT'' for some background noise.

I was aware of a strange sound that was eerily familiar and repetitive.
I turned off the dvd in case it was from there but no.

I,m acutely aware of tempo and pitch so I know I,ve heard this exact sound before but cant remember when..

Then either I blacked out or went into a trance and I was back home..in the dark,in the bedroom overlooking fields where I used to live three changes of house ago with my parents....about 13 yrs old

I remembered all too well the scenario.It haunted me for years..till i forgot
It was late at night/early morning..a school night. So to help my sleep problems i turned on the radio and used to sit by the window staring out over the fields towards the beach,where there was a lighthouse flashing away I used to stare at to make me sleepy...when a WHACK!! against the window made me jump about six feet backwards falling on my ass.

I didn,t know whether an owl or a cat had jumped at the window but i sat on the floor nursing a bruised ass and tried to see what it was.

Now I have to explain it was a terraced house and the windows were about 35 feet above the garden,no trees,no gutter to climb but most of all since it was the back of the house NO LIGHTS.Also the room was without light as it made my sleep problems worse.

So I,m thinking ''has to be a bird'' BUT GUYS..THIS THING HAD ARMS/PAWS/LEGS/whatever scratching against the window.With things like bat wings stretched from behind it.
it was smooth skinned.. like leather
But most was the EYES ..like I said no Light in the room and none outside as it overlooked field/allotments.They glowed faint red

It stared into the room but I genuinely believe it couldn,t see me..but it was listening..And the damn song on the radio was so eerie..I,d never heard it before..
It was ''O SUPERMAN'' by Laurie Anderson...
After the song finished the thing just disappeared..Not flew away..disappeared..like a rapid shrinking into a point of nothing at all.

Anyway I just ended up back here after that ''enlightening'' experience and have located the song and what is the closest picture that resembles what I saw..

Song lyrics..

O Superman. O judge. O Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad
O Superman. O judge. O Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad

Hi. I'm not home right now
But if you want to leave a message
Just start talking at the sound of the tone

Hello? This is your Mother
Are you there? Are you coming home?
Hello? Is anybody home?

Well, you don't know me, but I know you.
And I've got a message to give to you.
Here come the planes.
So you better get ready.
Ready to go.
You can come as you are, but pay as you go
Pay as you go

And I said:
OK. Who is this really?
And the voice said:
This is the hand, the hand that takes

Here come the planes
They're American planes
Made in America
Smoking or non-smoking?

And the voice said:
Neither snow nor rain nor gloom of night shall
stay these couriers from the swift completion
of their appointed rounds
'Cause when love is gone, there's always justice
And when justice is gone, there's always force
And when force is gone, there's always Mom

Hi Mom!
So hold me, Mom, in your long arms
In your automatic arms
Your electronic arms
In your arms
Your petrochemical arms
Your military arms
In your electronic arms

And the ''thing'' but mine had much thicker arms.

The questions I,m asking are

1)Anyone have a similar experience?
2)can sounds put you in a trance or cause flashbacks in the middle of a normal day?
3)do the lyrics seem relevent to anyone?
4)did my brain just break?
5)can I expect it to happen again anytime soon
6)why is my coccyx sore after a ''dream''?
7)WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?
8)Is there a real animal that it could have been and
9)WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?

Just an experiment for the braver of you.Try downloading that song and see if anything happens.. I,m not

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hi agent I can't explain your experience but your description and picture remind me of the mothman.

He usually starts to appear just before a disaster ,As your in Dubai I hope this is not linked to the troubles not too far away

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wow thanks dude!!

That,s gonna help me sleep even better now

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sorry m8
.Didn't mean to scare you, there is more about mothman on tinwiki here
tinwiki.org...

Also he was spotted in Brighton just before the IRA Brighton bombings,I think that was in 1982.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow. Ill put in my input, hopefully it will help.

Originally posted by AGENT_T
1)Anyone have a similar experience?

Somewhat, though not exactly like yours. But an experience very vivid involving music I would later discover, and images too.

2)can sounds put you in a trance or cause flashbacks in the middle of a normal day?

They sure can. Thats why many religons and spiritual people and groups use music to put them in a trance or religous state. Music is the most powerful art, my friend.

3)do the lyrics seem relevent to anyone?

Relevant how? To what? Your expeirence? No. Which is strange in itself. But dreams and conciousness shifts combine strange elements.

4)did my brain just break?

No. You just had a "vision quest" or a power dream of some sort. Pay attention to the imagery and sounds.

5)can I expect it to happen again anytime soon

Probably not. But if it does happen, its time to really pay attention and start detailing everything in the experience.

6)why is my coccyx sore after a ''dream''?

Dunno. Its happened to me after weird, vivid, lucid auditory dreams.

Looks like El Chupacabra.

8)Is there a real animal that it could have been and

Could have been, especially if you were somewhere between dreamstate and conciousness. A bat viewed through a nightmare?

9)WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?

El Chupacabra! Run for your life! Hide your goats!

Just an experiment for the braver of you.Try downloading that song and see if anything happens.. I,m not

Ill try. You know where I could find it?

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I thought it was an american creature/demon whatever..

The thing I saw was barely 1 1/2 ft long.. the arms streched to just over two foot.. I know that because thats the size of half the window frame..

I,d completely blocked/forgotten about this for 15 years but i,m sure that blummin

''oh oh oh oh oh oh'' at the beginning of the record triggered a memory i,m sure.

Anyway now all I can thing of is squadrons of bombers a la cold war propoganda movies. Great i thought that one was long gone too

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a racoon. Their eyes glow red in the dark.

It was dark inside and outside, so how sure can you be about the specifics of this creature? Is it possible your imagination filled in details that were not there?

G.Houtchens
armchair coach
amateur historian

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

Also he was spotted in Brighton just before the IRA Brighton bombings,I think that was in 1982.

1982 I hope that wasn,t the year I met it too..trying to find out when Laurie Anderson released it exactly..

Uploading the track to podcast is 8mb ok?

Still not gonna listen to it though.. I,m still freaked

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Houtchens
Sounds to me like a racoon. Their eyes glow red in the dark.

It was dark inside and outside, so how sure can you be about the specifics of this creature? Is it possible your imagination filled in details that were not there?

G.Houtchens
armchair coach
amateur historian

Raccoon live in North America. He is not in North America. Thus, it was not a raccoon.

It says dubai. Dubai is like costal desert and very hot. The only thing that lives there that resembles that is a bat or a camel spider (the face).

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

While it could be a chupacabra I have never heard of sightings of the goatsucker in Africa/Middle East areas,but i may be wrong.(Is that where you were when you were 13 or are you origanally from somewhere else Agent)

It was Agents description of the RED hypnotic eyes that lead me to the Mothman conclusion ,his RED eyes with hypnotic consequences are quite well documented.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   

While it could be a chupacabra I have never heard of sightings of the goatsucker in Africa/Middle East areas,but i may be wrong.(Is that where you were when you were 13 or are you origanally from somewhere else Agent)

It was Agents description of the RED hypnotic eyes that lead me to the Mothman conclusion ,his RED eyes with hypnotic consequences are quite well documented.

Thats true. But Ive never heard of any sightings of Mothman in the middle east either.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Is that where you were when you were 13 or are you origanally from somewhere else Agent)

I was in North East England
26,EAST TERRACE
STAKEFORD
NORTHUMBERLAND
NE62 5UJ to be precise..Dunno why i remember the address???

A large colliery house as my dad was a miner..

We moved out very soon after the experience

My parents knew I was odd and I didn,t usually make things up.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Haven't heard the song, but some of the lyrics you posted are militant, not necessarily in origin, but wide use.
I can say from personal experience be careful in what is said, many don't like hearing about gloom/doom, which this occurence seems to indicate.

I keep getting reference to VA, an incident, exp case, gun/knife.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Thats true. But Ive never heard of any sightings of Mothman in the middle east either.

I agree Skadi ,I also havn't heard of any reports of the Mothman in the middle east either.......but the Mothman seems to appear around the world where there is an impending disaster,there I conclude the Mothman may be a global phenomana.

I am not saying Agent did see the Mothman or that his experience was linked to the Mothman (Mothman events are very rare) ,I am just pointing to the possibility at this early stage of Agents quest for an answer.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
OK I posted to son ''o superman'' but i,ve never used podcasts before so i dunno where in ats it when but it was linked from this thread anyway..

I don,t know where the music came from that triggered this ''episode'' maybe someone had it on a ringtone..but its an old old tune so i dunno

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I.ve found him!!!

WOW THANKS GUYS!!

Thats all I need. more visions of doom and gloom..

But why now? why the song?
I,m 3500 miles and 15 years away from when I saw it

AND I have to fly tommorow...!!! i got a call from Human resources
17.33.52 pm...

Well if you gotta go you gotta go..I,m getting the tickets tonight after work.. I,ll u2u a designated ATSer with the flight number

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There is a film THE MOTHMAN PROPHESIES (2002)starring Richard Gere about the West Virginia event/incident,although dramatised you may find it interesting if you can find a copy.

info here www.imdb.com...

I also did an ATS search on Mothman and there are loads (a lot more than I expected.)

Hope your flight is ok tomorrow and I'm sure it will be.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Nice to see a Laurie Anderson song mentioned...... hardly anyone seems to've heard of her and her eerie electronica.

I must say that I've heard the song hundreds of times (my dad's a big fan) and the rest of the album's pretty interesting too. Never noticed it attracting attracting hairless monkey-bats though.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is RIDICULOUS!!!!!..

I,m sat with the lyrics tryng to find clues..

maybe the quiz got to me last week

1982? IRA/TERRORISM?LEBANESE INVASION?

''here come the american planes''?
''hand that takes''?
''are you coming home''?
''smoking non smoking''
''pay as you go''
''military petrochemical arms''

SO tommorow if its an American plane,with someone who wants to take something from me,asks me if it,s a return flight,asks for cash.with an army/esso tattoo on his arm and theres smoke coming from the plane

I,M NOT GETTING ON IT OK!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyAllKnowledge

I must say that I've heard the song hundreds of times (my dad's a big fan) and the rest of the album's pretty interesting too. Never noticed it attracting attracting hairless monkey-bats though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join