It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pot calling the Kettle Black:Karl Rove attacks media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well it seems the Administrations continuing their attacks on the MSM. He feels that the MSM has a detrimental effect on American politics. Well duh, when they keep pointing out illegalities, I guess it would throw a monkey wrench in their plans.

Rove: Reporters slam politicians to save selves

Saturday, July 29, 2006; Posted: 10:15 p.m. EDT (02:15 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Presidential adviser Karl Rove said Saturday that journalists often criticize political professionals because they want to draw attention away from the "corrosive role" their own coverage plays in politics and government.

"Some decry the professional role of politics. They would like to see it disappear," Rove told graduating students at the George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management. "Some argue political professionals are ruining American politics -- trapping candidates in daily competition for the news cycle instead of long-term strategic thinking in the best interest of the country."

But Rove turned that criticism on journalists.

"It's odd to me that most of these critics are journalists and columnists," he said. "Perhaps they don't like sharing the field of play. Perhaps they want to draw attention away from the corrosive role their coverage has played focusing attention on process and not substance."

click below for rest of story
CNN.com

What really gets me is the constant bombardment of the Media, for calling out the tons of BS that this Administration has been pumping out on a regular basis. This is becoming par for the course from the Administration that brought us two illegal wars, Phone Tapping, Bank monitoring, Manipulation of scientific data, The completely UNPATRIOTic ACT, and a myriad of other lies and deceptions. And now this fat swilling pig has the gaul to say that the Media, and not their own duplicitus(sp?) actions, are responsible for the "Corrosion" of american politics? Tell me do the MSM make the messed up policies? NO!!!!! then how the hell can they be responsible for the corrosion? Put the blame where it belongs; in the hands of the politricksters, that have destoryed our Constitution. Maybe its just me, But I cant help notice a concerted effort to religiously attack the press at every opportunity. I am no fan of the MSM, but for other reasons. When they call out the BS and possible illegalities
of our govt. I actually applaud them. Since our govt will not adequately police itself; the press is all that is left.

If these people are not able to back up the policy decisions they make, and be able to face the public about those decisions.... then they shouldnt be making those decisions in the first place

Likle I said, if this isnt the pot calling the kettle black... then there is no such thing.!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The Pen Is Mightier Than The Swine

or something like that.................................

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'm glad the pigaticians are criticising the media, this thing and the one the New York times wrote about (the bank records).
I'm glad because they are shooting off their mouths into their own foot. Now, just maybe the media will no longer be their puppets and return to doing what they are supposed to do, like inform the public about what is going on.

I sense a rebellion in the media is afoot, and Karl just advanced the rebelion just a bit more.
Politicians are bags of hot air that blow foul winds from out of various orifices, special political orifices, some of them oval orifices.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Oh come on, he's just mad all his plans are getting caught. Except Fox News is still defending him and his Minions like Bush and Rummy. I doubt this will change anything except maybe get the FCC to find things to fine the parent companies to teach them a lesson.

BTW: I am Spades/Johnny Ohm. I again can't log in and had to make a new name. Twice in one week. I can't U2U because I don't have 20 posts yet.

new topics

top topics

join