It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a missile silo?Or........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Absolutely. Let's use the situation in Iraq as an example.

Which makes more sense when in open desert. Having a B-52 come in and drop 25 dumb bombs and devastating a division. Or having 2 F-15Es come in and drop 10 LGBs and taking out 10 vehicles.

LGBs are good DEPENDING ON THE MISSION. In a city or populated area, then BY ALL MEANS use an LGB. In an unpopulated area, or an open desert like Iraq, then dumb bombs are the better way to go.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
But even so do our pilots need a 486'000 sq ft area to aim at ?
I'm untrained and i could hit that in my sleep

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Sure, but the point isn't to HIT it. It's to see how far a bomb will penetrate through concrete. Eventually, you're going to have a smaller and smaller area to hit because you're putting more and more holes in it.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hard Target isn't on the lakebed because there are already two other targets (Main Lake and Rebel) on the lakebed.

The playa is hard, but not as hard as concrete. The size of the target is irrelevant. It is not designed for precision bombing.

It is just one of several targets at TTR designed to provide various levels of surface hardness for testing purposes. Why must people try to make a big conspiracy out of the mundane?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join