It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Identify Two Ancient Reptiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   

BANGKOK, Thailand (July 28) - Scientists have identified two ancient reptiles which swam in ice-cold waters off Australia 115 million years ago and are among the first of their kind to be found from the period soon after the Jurassic era, researchers said Friday.

Don't know what to say about this, but it is a rather significant find.

Source:

articles.news.aol.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have to ask. Maybe it was in the article, and being me, I missed it. How did they stay warm? Maybe thats not the best way to put it. But seriously, how did they not turn into nessysicles?

[edit on 31-7-2006 by MudCloud]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Fish are cold blooded and can survive, so these reptiles should've been able to also. Some organisms that live in really frigid waters, like around ice-caps, have the equivalent of anti-freeze in their bodies to prevent ice-crystals from forming. I don't know of anything suggesting marine reptiles would have the same thing though. But, keep in mind, this is a much warmer earth that they were in, little to no ice at the poles.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
cold water in australia? well i don't know to much about climate but australia is hot and more hot. any way how did they find them?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Australia was roughly in the area of the south pole at that time. It and India were both attached to Antactica.

Great White Sharks are actually generate their own heat, but not enough to classify them as being warm blooded.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boingo the Clown
Australia was roughly in the area of the south pole at that time. It and India were both attached to Antactica.

Great White Sharks are actually generate their own heat, but not enough to classify them as being warm blooded.

Do they generate their own heat by digesting things?

top topics

join