It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Figure in a black cloak and hat visiting in the night. What is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
When I was about 11 my cousin told me about this being that stood in his brothers and his doorway and kept swinging the door back and forth. I was not there but I will tell you my story below. They were about my age as well and his brother told it in the name of Jesus Christ to leave and eventually it did. They had their house blessed and nothing seemed to happen anymore.

About 2-3 months after that I was staying over cuz we were great friends and we were all in the basement. My cousins had changed rooms and gone down to the basement. We were all in sleeping bags. It was very windy, I remember the window wells making a lot of noise. It was so loud that it woke me up. I then remember hearing something walking down the stairs very slow and open the door at the bottom of the stairs. It was the being in the black cloak and hat. It walked to the foot of my sleeping bag and just stood there for quite awhile. It eventually left. I had a very hard time sleeping for a long time.

Does anyone know what this is? Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The being sounds like an ominous foreboding pedo-creep - quite likely corporial. You should get that looked at by a professional - an emmissary of your faith might be a good place to start or a psychologist or cop - you'll know what's right for you. Regression therapy works for some - especially for the "buried" stuff of childhood.

The not sleeping stuff is called insomnia - and lots of ATS'ers have it - bloody plague of consciousness, almost pervasive. Kinda like being drunk or drugged I'd suppose. It is a serious affliction... and can get your cognitive processes impaired to the point of real danger. impaired judgement etc., Please seek professional medical attention if it goes on for more than a few nights in a row. Don't self-medicate - it'll just complicate stuff - get help from the appropriate people.

Best of luck with that being thing, that'll be a tough nut to crack,

Victor K.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   
if u see em again shoot em...see what happens. oh and make sure is not one of ur friends messin with u.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raven18
When I was about 11 my cousin told me about this being that stood in his brothers and his doorway and kept swinging the door back and forth. I was not there but I will tell you my story below. They were about my age as well and his brother told it in the name of Jesus Christ to leave and eventually it did. They had their house blessed and nothing seemed to happen anymore.

About 2-3 months after that I was staying over cuz we were great friends and we were all in the basement. My cousins had changed rooms and gone down to the basement. We were all in sleeping bags. It was very windy, I remember the window wells making a lot of noise. It was so loud that it woke me up. I then remember hearing something walking down the stairs very slow and open the door at the bottom of the stairs. It was the being in the black cloak and hat. It walked to the foot of my sleeping bag and just stood there for quite awhile. It eventually left. I had a very hard time sleeping for a long time.

A friend of mine(yrs back)had a similar experience.
My friend and her sister saw a tall man walk by her kitchen window(window being six feet and up)wearing a black hat......and she did mess with mild occult stuff.
Not sure what this could mean, other then messing with the occult , or could be 'shadow people' that many other members here at ATS have experienced.....

And since ATS was not around in the 80's .....
It was not Insomniacs @ATS,BTS.com

here is some info on what other members have said of similar events...

My shadow people experience
another
and another by Valhal Did Ghost hunters prove shadow people
There's lots more in the paranormal section if you keep going back to earlier threads...
good luck,
take care
helen

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
When I was 14-16 I awoke and saw a man dressed like Abraham Lincoln standing at the foot of my bed. Top hat & black suit. I couldn't make out the face but it was real and I told it to f - off. That was it!
But the scary thing was many years later I went to bed after spending hours reading "Blacks Law Dictionary" on the middle section on roman law defined by latin as applied to English Anglo Saxon common law after I was boozing it up.
I went to bed and awoke up to a dark figure immaterialising before me in a cloud of smoke while I was taken to
dumbness.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Originally posted by Raven18

A friend of mine(yrs back)had a similar experience.
My friend and her sister saw a tall man walk by her kitchen window(window being six feet and up)wearing a black hat......and she did mess with mild occult stuff.
Not sure what this could mean, other then messing with the occult , or could be 'shadow people' that many other members here at ATS have experienced.....

And since ATS was not around in the 80's .....
It was not Insomniacs @ATS,BTS.com

here is some info on what other members have said of similar events...

My shadow people experience
another
and another by Valhal Did Ghost hunters prove shadow people
There's lots more in the paranormal section if you keep going back to earlier threads...
good luck,
take care
helen

Thank you for taking me seriously. These other few people that have replied so far have just not experienced something like this I guess. I was 11 years old people, not some weirdo that does drugs and stays up all night. That was a few years down the road (ha ha). I will check out the links, thanks again you rule!

The other people that made fun of this, maybe one day it will visit you, and I bet you won't be joking then.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
yes...read the SHADOW PEOPLE link Helen has provided...you might run a tag search on this site for SHADOW PEOPLE/SHADOW MEN......................whole lotta folks have this kind of experiance...............
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-7-2006 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have found over the many years of my experience that we on this side make things
far more complicated and mysterious than they need be. Usually if there is
someone from the other side around, be it Ghost or God/ess. They are here for
one of a few reasons,

You knowingly or unknowlingly hav ask their help.
They have come to either help or with a message.
They have a warning .
They are there for your Protection.

The easiest way to find out is, with an open mind and a calm spirit, Ask Them.
You will get an answer . the hardest answer is of course NOT NOW.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
I have found over the many years of my experience that we on this side make things
far more complicated and mysterious than they need be. Usually if there is
someone from the other side around, be it Ghost or God/ess. They are here for
one of a few reasons,

You knowingly or unknowlingly hav ask their help.
They have come to either help or with a message.
They have a warning .
They are there for your Protection.

The easiest way to find out is, with an open mind and a calm spirit, Ask Them.
You will get an answer . the hardest answer is of course NOT NOW.

Great way to look at it. I think it would be totally different now and I would say something to it etc...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You are not alone in this

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why don't you just try to make contact with it/him? Might be very friendly to you, and you could have a great chit-chat partner. He might bring you a coke, or buy some pizza and hamburger 4 you. Don't you think?

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
read this www.abovetopsecret.com...
it might clear things up a bit

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
thats a a very common for a form seen of 'shadow people' well, so i've read, let me guess.. darkest black you've ever seen... black hat and cloak.. about oh say 6 feet? Its suppose to be a bit more menacing than any other types seen. They aren't anything to be really afraid of.. thinking happy thoughts seem to drive them away, and they dont like to be seen. Once spotted they'll eventually run.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hi all, new member here..I've seen a shadow person, and had no idea until I stumbled on this discussion that it was such a phenomenon, or what to name what it is I saw. When I was 16,(I'm 36 now) I was hit by a car, broke my leg, but wasn't seriously injured..this happened on a sunny day. The impact knocked me unconscious for a few minutes, when I came to, I was on the ground, surrounded by friends, ambulance on the way.. and a shadow person standing nearby, tall, wearing a long coat and a big hat, sort of old-west style, just watching me, then he was gone. I say "wearing" but his entire body and clothing were made of the shadow. I'm amazed that others have seen the same thing. Anyway, I just wanted to relate my experience..now I need to find out what these shadow people are, and what they're after.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by seansean69]

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I know what you are talking about. I've seen similar, but it was a creature in a hooded black cloak. like a grim reaper, but no scythe. It had illuminated red eyes, and wierd sharp jagged teeth. It freaked the hell out of me, and it was a dream...well Astral Projection I mean, and it hissed in my ear, I immediately woke up and my whole body was frozen. it could just be that our mind is just playing tricks on us, but I don't believe that is the case.

posted on Sep, 21 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I agree with angel:

f u see em again shoot em...see what happens. oh and make sure is not one of ur friends messin with u.

[edit on 21-9-2006 by R3KR]

top topics

join