It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we alone or not??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If we are alone in this entire universe then why are we here. there must be some reason.But i dont believe that. We are only here as a fluke our planet is just close enough to the sun for the right amount of heat and we have gravity and the right amount of air for life to flourish and there must be other planets out there with similar conditions wether the life on those planets is smarter or dumber, bigger or smaller there must be something else out there.Consider this, our planet circles the sun, maybe its getting further away from the sun in miniscule amounts of distance, we cant even notice and when we get far enough our planet will die, rumor has it MARS was once inhabited by life maybe that was billions an billions of years ago and the planet got too far from the sun and all life died and the planet died I know it sounds far fetched but there is so much we will never know. Apparently top scientists believe that our moon was once part of the earth,Bear with me.Before there were planets there were giant globs of molten rock (maybe from the sun) in space and they are all floating about, now 2 of them collided and and merged but there was like a spray of this molten rock and a bigger glob,now all this spray orbits the glob and it all collides with itself and gets bigger and bigger and eventually over the years it all cools and makes solid rock, one smaller rock and one bigger rock, hence the earth and moon are born. not my own idea but top scientists.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well I don't know if it matters really. What do you mean by alone. Personally I am always alone.
But I am not alone right now cause my son is home, and in a hour or so my other son will be home.
Are we aliens?
Well I know two of the three of us are, and neither of us question that one. Now don't ask either of us how we know that but we just do.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Are we alone in the universe duhh. I beleive we are not the only species to live in this universe and we are definatly not the dominant species, 1 day we will be blown to smitherines by some alien race muahahahaha.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I believe we are alone on the ground, that there aren't aliens walking amongst us. but I do believe aliens visit earth all the time, thanks to our government, for some reason. And alone i the universe? Hell no! There is definately other life out there!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I have a gut feeling that there are a lot more lifeforms beyond Earth. Some scientists have algorithims based on this very question.

I absolutely love the quote from "Contact" - "I don't know, Sparks. But I guess I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space. "

Makes sense to me.

I've also heard the thought about us just being a mere ant in the grand scheme of things. Sure, some scientists are interested in them, but most humans aren't. Most humans just pass them by without really giving a crap about them because they don't have too much to offer.

I think we're like fish in a pond. Just swimming around doing the things we do. One day we're just sitting around eating our lunch, and the next thing we know, we're being pulled out of our homes by these huge ugly things. Or we're just swimming around and see these big 'ships' floating over us, and we're like WTF is that????? We go and tell our fellow fishes of what we've seen and they're like, "WTF were you sucking?"

The universe is a pretty big place, and we have barely jumped out of the pond.

Unless an actual ET sinks into our pond, or we have the ability to go find them ourselves, we will never know the truth. We are a long ways from that capability.

Some say we've been to the moon (totally different thread). Unless we are able to visit any planet/moon within our galaxy, and beyond at will, uncertainty will always be present.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I believe that other alien life forms out there will be humanoid. but if a planet has heavier gravity surely it will limit their growth. With a heavier force pushing on them thier arms would be longer their bodies shorter, they might even have stronger muscles to work with the grav although it would be the norm to them and even their face would be forced downwards to give the little green man effect. Also think about E.T. with his retractible neck. On the other end of the scale light grav would allow more growth(taller) possibly skinier bodies, a larger more oval head and thier eyes would be more level like ours unlike the heavier grav species they might have eyes that point diagonaly downwards. Plus they would all have different species on thier planets. Maybe they have feline,kanine, bovine, birds, reptiles and fish because apparently all life forms need water. but all these species would look different from what we know because of the gravity effects im talking about. please comment if u think im talking nonsence or if u think there might be some truth in what i say.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
I believe that other alien life forms out there will be humanoid. but if a planet has heavier gravity surely it will limit their growth. With a heavier force pushing on them thier arms would be longer their bodies shorter, they might even have stronger muscles to work with the grav although it would be the norm to them and even their face would be forced downwards to give the little green man effect. Also think about E.T. with his retractible neck. On the other end of the scale light grav would allow more growth(taller) possibly skinier bodies, a larger more oval head and thier eyes would be more level like ours unlike the heavier grav species they might have eyes that point diagonaly downwards. Plus they would all have different species on thier planets. Maybe they have feline,kanine, bovine, birds, reptiles and fish because apparently all life forms need water. but all these species would look different from what we know because of the gravity effects im talking about. please comment if u think im talking nonsence or if u think there might be some truth in what i say.

write a book , have fun with it .. use your imagination.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Have you no opinion of what i've said

[edit on 13-8-2006 by chris01621]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621

Have you no opinion of what i've said

[edit on 13-8-2006 by chris01621]

Sure I do , everything you said is Possiable . Just when scientiest think they have it figured out , they find something new .

Your ideas arent anything I havent heard or read before, but still interesting .

when your dealing with stuff like that , your dealing in hypothesis's and guess work
and imagination...If you want to talk about Theory - Im all for it , I love to talk
theory.

Is there anything you want me to comment on ?

Quote -"Also think about E.T. with his retractible neck. On the other end of the scale light grav would allow more growth(taller) possibly skinier bodies, a larger more oval head and thier eyes would be more level like ours unlike the heavier grav species they might have eyes that point diagonaly downwards. Plus they would all have different species on thier planets. "..

sounds cool , want me to comment on it ? or do you just want to have a fun discussion on the topic ?.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I didn't mean to sound bulshy or nething. have you ever googled bob lazar's name you might find it very interesting, or go to boblazar.com.

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
the thing i meant with E.T. is that if he retracts his neck into his body then on his planet that would be ike a comfort zone but if it were outstretched he could probably feel a strain i know its only a movie, but i've been reading up on this stuff and a theory is that with close encounters spielberg released that film not too long before (apparently) a group of 12 People (mj-12)-(majestic / majic 12)/(project serpo) came back to earth from a planet in the zeta reticuli system which is home planet to the greys / ebens. speculation suggests the film was to prepare us for the idea of aliens coming here, which also suggests spielberg knows something perhaps, plus hes made other films (E.T) and t.v shows (taken) that delve very deeply into these sorts of stories.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well, when i think about this i feel there is a missing link in the evolutionary chain.
I can see how other life evolved here on earth but when i have looked into Mans evolution the 'edvidence' seems a bit vauge.
I am however a skeptic believer, maybe we have devolved from 'something' as oppose to evolved from 'something',
We have cases of devolution in the past, creatures losing there front legs to flippers ect... Could we not be a product of something similar?
I'm no expert, these are just some thoughts, so if you see flaws in my comment please do correct me.

-FeralPotato

new topics

top topics

join