It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of God..........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What we call mother nature is/was the nature of him. What we call evil is/was ultimatley the force inside of him. Thus explaining a # load of his actions in the bible. Agree or disagree?

*awaits replies*

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If you can't see God in everything than you can't see God in anything.

Agree.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There is no Mother Nature. Mother Nature is the false goddess crap that has been going around since Babylon. There is only Father God and he can be come in a whirlwind.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
There have been so many thing's of "God" and "Nature" that you only go with one true thing:
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
There is no Mother Nature. Mother Nature is the false goddess crap that has been going around since Babylon. There is only Father God and he can be come in a whirlwind.

funny then that the 'false gods and godesses' have been around longer than the real one then.
nature is just that. weather god created and controls nature remains to be seen.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
What we call mother nature is/was the nature of him. What we call evil is/was ultimatley the force inside of him. Thus explaining a # load of his actions in the bible. Agree or disagree?

Whose god?

There are deities much older than the Christian one, and they are not all the same.

What you see as "God's word" is not something that was handed as a complete document and teaching at one time and then carried forward without change for thousands of years. It isn't. It is continually reinterpreted throughout the ages to match the laws of the time.

The Islamic laws that everyone shrieks about in this modern world are the same ones that were held in the ancient Jewish world 2,000-3,000 years ago (the stoning of women who were adulterers; the man getting off with a lighter sentence, the practice of taking multiple wives and concubines, etc, etc.) These are indeed found in the Bible... but they have been "edited out" and are not practiced in modern times.

There is a perception in America that the deity of the *modern* Christian Bible is the be-all and end-all. And yet there were older gods; gods such as Hathor and Horus, who are the oldest recorded deities whose names we have. There are the old bull-cults of the Mediterranean that existed before the Jews and whose practices are hinted at in the Bible (the injunction about the golden calf, etc.)

And of course, the Hindu texts are older (by a thousand years and more) than the earliest Jewish writings. In these older concepts, evil is done by men of their own free will, but demons bring ill-luck and disease.

In Zororastrianism, there are actually two equal gods. One is evil and one is good.

You might enjoy exploring the ReligiousTolerance.org website, where they have a nice (large) library of essays about nearly every faith (not some of the oldest ones, but the ones being practiced). There's some rich and deep material there that may give you some real food for thought:
www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

There is only Father God

and he jacked off in the forest with out his Goddess.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What you see as "God's word" is not something that was handed as a complete document and teaching at one time and then carried forward without change for thousands of years. It isn't. It is continually reinterpreted throughout the ages to match the laws of the time.

The Torah is unchanged. You have incorrect information.

There is a perception in America that the deity of the *modern* Christian Bible is the be-all and end-all. And yet there were older gods; gods such as Hathor and Horus, who are the oldest recorded deities whose names we have. There are the old bull-cults of the Mediterranean that existed before the Jews and whose practices are hinted at in the Bible (the injunction about the golden calf, etc.)

Osiris, Isis and Horus is nothing more than Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammez. The golden calf can be traced back to Babylon also.

I am alway amazed at those that swallow the bait given them not matter how smart they are. You are deceived by the lie.

And of course, the Hindu texts are older (by a thousand years and more) than the earliest Jewish writings. In these older concepts, evil is done by men of their own free will, but demons bring ill-luck and disease.

The Hindu texts can be traced to Zoroastrianism, which can be traced to Nimrod and Babylon.

In Zororastrianism, there are actually two equal gods. One is evil and one is good.

The god that is considered good is Ahura Mazda. This is really the sun god, Baal or Satan in case you don't know. Hook, line and sinker snagged another.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There is only 1 God. all others are false. sun...i appreciate your wisdom in this subject BTW too.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Byrd.
well said and correct as far as it goes...but there were "gods" long before man had language. The sun, moon, lightening, thunder, anything early man did not understand was probably feared (worshiped).

stalkingwolf,
Beautiful..."if you read it forward...it installs windows"! lol

IMO, man does not like to admit his ignorance and ignorance is the most plentiful of our possessions.

If we do not understand it and this condition includes almost everything knowable by man, we ascribe it to some deity or other and begin to make wild unsubstantiated claims for our made-up entity.

All I know for sure is that my god is prettier, faster, stronger, smarter, plays better tennis, dresses better, drives a better German car, has a nicer house, more money, has more power…than your god.

So, bow before my god and demonstrate fear coupled with your admission that you are retched in her eyes least she visit upon you all the horror I can imagine!

A true believer.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
funny then that the 'false gods and godesses' have been around longer than the real one then.

How do you figure time then? jprophet420?

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, God....

Deut 4:39 Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart, that the Lord Himself is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; there is no other.

1 Kings 8:60 that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God; there is no other.

Isa 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me, ....

And don't come up with that lame excuse that I'm using the Bible to "prove" the Bible. Where else are you gonna go about God?

The Bible is the only Book that God breathed out through inspired men.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What we call mother nature is/was the nature of him.

Huh?

What we call evil is/was ultimatley the force inside of him.

Evil is one of God's powers or aspects?

Thus explaining a [butt load] of his actions in the bible.

God was evil in the bible, is what you are saying right?

Agree or disagree?

I disagree with the last statement. Its meaningless to say that an all powerful creator of the universe is 'evil', no matter what he does. A universal super-being that created everything and has complete mastery over ever sub-atomic particle in the universe can't be said to be 'evil'.

I don't understand your first statement.

Prove it.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by curiousity

Prove it.

Disprove it.

And next time use thename of the poster when you post quotes.....forum rules.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What I mean by all this is that his nature is to create things. Nature creates things all the time. Fire, rain, sleet, snow, hail, childbirth etc.
He destroyed sodom and gamorreiha (sp?) and they're nation. He destroyed the earth. The reason why he did these things is because he didn't "like" the way things were panning out because it was not his orginal plan for us. Now we all know why he did the above 2. And trust me i have no love for homosexuals and sinners myself. But I'm not gonna go out of my way to hurt or kill them just because what they do is unnatural. And that is because hurting any human is evil and wrong unless they do try to you in first.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by LordInfamous]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And trust me i have no love for homosexuals and sinners myself. But I'm not gonna go out of my way to hurt or kill them just because what they do is unnatural. And that is because hurting any human is evil...

I hate to play the Baal's advocate here, but you kind of just went out of your way to hurt a pretty specific population with these comments, didn't you?

What is it exactly that you are trying to discover in this thread? What is its purpose, I don't understand...

Are you wondering why a supposedly All-Good God could do apparently destructive things?

Are you asking if the physical world can give us clues as to the nature of God?

Are you just looking to do some good ol'-fashioned gay bashing?

Sincerely, I don't see your theory or question...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Essedarius, yeah, I agree, LordInfamous did politely shield his gay bashing, and it is a shame. People hide behind their idea of "god" so that they can push their own personal bigotry against others. Its plain and simple... and very sad. I personally can say, it doesn't hurt me anymore, it makes me feel very sorry for these types of people though.

A shame too, this could have been a very interesting thread to participate in, but it's obvious where it's going.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
In my last post I was giving an example of my theory. God's nature is just like mother nature cuz he creates things. He created the earth, night, day. And towards the end of that particular verse it said "And it was good". Meaning beautiful. Just like the things I listed that nature creates. Some ppl love to look at the things I listed (childbirth, fire, snow, lightining etc) and love enough to label them beautiful. I myself think lightining is beautiful. Ne way on to the evil part. God felt that homosexuality and sinning are wrong and unnatural. So he did what he felt he had to do to the ppl that were doing them. And when u do something of that caliber u obviously dont have no love for them. Now niteboy and Essedarius. I'm not gay bashing at all. When I said what I said I meant that, if I'm in a possition god's in i'm not gonna destroy a nation of ppl because I don't like how they get down and because i don't have no love for them. Why? because it's evil. My mom, uncle, sister, and 2 cousins of mine are gay. I love em all to death. But when it comes to their sexuality i have 0 love for them as an individual in that department and I don't like the way the choose to express themselves sexually. Simple as that. But that dosen't mean imma degrade them or try to murder them or anyother homosexuals for that matter. Why? cuz its evil. I don't know maybe u guys are taking me wrong or maybe I'm not wording what I say the right way. I dont come on here with pre-writtens. I think of something that i think is interesting and that i think ppl would like to discuss, and i type. And if i think of an example that's close enough to what i'm getting at, them imma type it. Feel me? I'm sorry niteboy if i hurt your feelings. That might not sound like a whole lot coming from somebody with a username like mine but I mean it cuz it's the truth. Ne way this thread can continue on now now that i've (hopefully) cleared some things up

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by a poster
Disprove it.

Um, no. Because it can't be proven, because its a matter of faith, thus your statement was a statement of faith, not a statement of fact, and therefore, it was just an irrational opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by a poster
Disprove it.

Um, no. Because it can't be proven, because its a matter of faith, thus your statement was a statement of faith, not a statement of fact, and therefore, it was just an irrational opinion.

No opinion is irrational, since that says it was not thought out. Threfore your statement is not a statement of fact, but of opinion and insulting at that.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

if I'm in a possition god's in i'm not gonna destroy a nation of ppl because I don't like how they get down and because i don't have no love for them. Why? because it's evil.

Actually you would according to the Bible. Thus the flood, the plagues, etc. etc. So according to your logic, since God supposedly destroyed the world (which by the way is funny considering we are all still here) he is evil. You said so yourself.

He destroyed sodom and gamorreiha (sp?) and they're nation. He destroyed the earth.

So using your own logic:

1. God destroyed the world
2. Destroying a nation of people is evil.

Therefore,

3. God is evil.

The Torah is unchanged. You have incorrect information.

Are you sure that it's unchanged? How do you know? Have you had the original copy in your possession since it was first written? I think not.

Osiris, Isis and Horus is nothing more than Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammez. The golden calf can be traced back to Babylon also.

I am alway amazed at those that swallow the bait given them not matter how smart they are. You are deceived by the lie.

And what of the evidence of people who were nowhere near Babylon and yet worshipped other gods? Was it just planted in other countries and other continents to make it seem like they actually did worship gods that didn't come from Babylon?

The Hindu texts can be traced to Zoroastrianism, which can be traced to Nimrod and Babylon.

Could you please provide links? I would be interested in learning where you came by the information that everything in the entire world actually does trace back to Babylon.

The god that is considered good is Ahura Mazda. This is really the sun god, Baal or Satan in case you don't know. Hook, line and sinker snagged another.

In case you didn't know, Satan did not exist until the beginning of Christianity when the original Christians took the god Pan (who was the god of shepherds) and the trident from Poseidon (god of the seas) combined them and said "Look it's Satan!" I would also like to point out that Pan and Poseidon existed long before Christianity. Therefore, Satan is a Christian invention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join