It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Should Work Together

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OK, I didn't know where to post this, so If its wrong, feel free to relocate ok

I placed it here as its based on the Final Answer game recently played.

It occured to me while playing that game, specifically in reading the thread, that as a group of people, we make quite a formidible team.
It was almost like Oceans 1100

So, instead of all this consipracy theory we have, why don't we ALL work together and try to make some form of difference to the world....we have the numbers, we obvioulsy have the combined IQ's, we share alot and I think, if we really wanted to and tried, we COULD make a difference.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Excellent plan (applause). However, in trying to do the same thing for e.g. 9/11 I´ve met with resistance and lack of interest to do just that. (i.e.) stop the bickering over evidence and work together in finding out why and who benefitted.

I think you are right that together we could make real progress on whatever subject chosen.

How many active members are ther on A.T.S. I wonder....

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
TRG sends out applause to JebusSaves....on behalf of Hardtoget..................so thank THEM not me................

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If people want to work together then they have to give their word that if they decide not to tell people the answer for the final clue they must not give false hints in order to confuse and delay everyone. By working together we have no right to keep everything to ourselves like greedy little children. Even if i find the last question i'll post it for everyone because by working with everyone i feel it is not right to cut everyone out at the end.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think Jebusaves´ point was that if we work together we could achieve great things in the world, not in Games.

This is still in the wrong spot and should probably be in BQB...

To reply to your post, the players who actually got to the final question were specifically told NOT to share their findings, so why would you argue with that?

What if by sharing anyway you would disqualify yourself from confirming? Kind of a big risk to take.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Spot on Jebus I thought the game showed how much we could achieve when we all worked together and cooperated.

We were all pulling in the same direction on that one but the boards here are for discussion and debate of conflicting views and this is also very healthy.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToGet
Excellent plan (applause). However, in trying to do the same thing for e.g. 9/11 I´ve met with resistance and lack of interest to do just that. (i.e.) stop the bickering over evidence and work together in finding out why and who benefitted.

I think you are right that together we could make real progress on whatever subject chosen.

How many active members are ther on A.T.S. I wonder....

Best post I've seen on here in a long time. Yours too Jebus. Seems like certain topics (particularly 9/11 threads) are prone to have people vehemently defend their beliefs and try too hard to "debunk" info contradictory to their position (i.e. giving reasons why the debunkers are WRONG as opposed to giving evidence why they are RIGHT).

But the game proves that when people have a little motivation and a goal that we really are a formidable force. I'm sure if there was anything objective to tackle we would plow through it easily. The problem is most conspiracy topics are very subjective so you will never have 100% of people working for the same goal.

That's ok we have a new game coming soon ...

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Great post, Jebus. And a very good obsevation.

I think this thread should be moved to where it will recieve more attention.

You have voted JebusSaves for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
So, instead of all this consipracy theory we have, why don't we ALL work together and try to make some form of difference to the world....we have the numbers, we obvioulsy have the combined IQ's, we share alot and I think, if we really wanted to and tried, we COULD make a difference.

I wouldn't say instead of the conspiracy theories, since this is ATS after all, but if you have anything in mind, then you can count me in.

Any ideas on what we could do? This might be a good thread for brainstorming if anybody has any ideas.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I always wanted to do trials on just how many licks it really DOES take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop ... but I don't think that's quite ATS material

Two things are for certain after playing this game:

1) I've learned a HECK of a lot reading through threads trying to come up with answers ... that may be my favorite part of the game (I didn't realize that I probably learned more in those 4-5 days than I had at all of college haha)

2) You can really tell not only are ATS members motivated and highly intelligent, but you can see the ones that really shine ... most people in this thread and the game thread are people I feel I can really trust. And that's a hard thing for me to say on a conspiracy forum

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
OK, let me start by saying when I wrote this thread, i was a lil bit tipsy, HOWEVER, the sentiment was meant.

OK, now. I must thank someone for the applause, even though it was just a general observation from my part regarding the game.
There was a level of intelligence shown in that thread that surpasses book learning.
People brought their strengths to the game, allowing others to utilize them, which is exactly how things should be in the real world...and thats what i'm getting at.

We come here and for the most oart intelligently discuss conspiracy theories but we never truly come to a conclusion because there are too many opposing forces in the arguement, and no one is willing to give way on their opinion.

This excerise proved that we are able to put our opinions aside and work for the group.

I also agree that we should use this thread as a possible brainstorming area. Lest we forget, there are alot of things wrong with the world today, and it won't be current governments that help us, it will be people like us, a community joined together with one goal that is not separated by creed/colour/religion, but works well because of it.

I implore all, we can make a difference, we just have to know what we want to change, and when we will.

I also agree that i would trust the judgement of the people involved in the game, even if my opinion differs because of what they showed.

Mech - Erm, off topic a little, whats a 'Way Above Top secret' thing, is that like 'RATS' cause i'm already on that

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverzmost people in this thread and the game thread are people I feel I can really trust. And that's a hard thing for me to say on a conspiracy forum

do you trust us enough to do the tootsiepop test with us?

blindfolded?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by Fiverzmost people in this thread and the game thread are people I feel I can really trust. And that's a hard thing for me to say on a conspiracy forum

do you trust us enough to do the tootsiepop test with us?

blindfolded?

* cue foreboding music *

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves

There was a level of intelligence shown in that thread that surpasses book learning.
People brought their strengths to the game, allowing others to utilize them, which is exactly how things should be in the real world...and thats what i'm getting at.

We come here and for the most oart intelligently discuss conspiracy theories but we never truly come to a conclusion because there are too many opposing forces in the arguement, and no one is willing to give way on their opinion.

This excerise proved that we are able to put our opinions aside and work for the group.

I also agree that we should use this thread as a possible brainstorming area. Lest we forget, there are alot of things wrong with the world today, and it won't be current governments that help us, it will be people like us, a community joined together with one goal that is not separated by creed/colour/religion, but works well because of it.

I implore all, we can make a difference, we just have to know what we want to change, and when we will.

Great thinking

Maybe we should all start putting in ideas on how we think we could help change things. I think the first step would be for each and every one of us to realise that we all are individually responsible for the world. When it all comes down to it, the only way the world will change is not by specific groups or leaders. It won't work that way. Leaders have been taken down because a leader, especially when they're out in the open, can be very easily be taken down. It's only one man; and when the group depends on the leader, it means that there is the danger of giving up when the leader is gone. What we need is discreet individual work. What we also need is to stop waiting for others or depend on others for change. We should all be messengers . So let's start by sharing information. Perhaps we could share things that made us want to change the world. Books, movies etc.
Imagine...coming to a point where, millions of people around the world are individually working to make a difference, but having no religious/social/professional group to be identified with.
Here's an idea...I'm sure everybody (or at least most) have seen a movie called "Pay it forward".
What if we choose things that inspired us and share it with 3 people. We ask these 3 people to do the same with the next 3 people. Before you know it a very large amount of people will be sharing inspirational material. And nobody will be able to track us down because...how can you track down an anonymous crowd?

p.s. I recommend reading Fight Club and imagining it without the violence/terrorism. That's a good start.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwrap.s. I recommend reading Fight Club and imagining it without the violence/terrorism. That's a good start.

that should consume about 9 seconds of our lives.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwrap.s. I recommend reading Fight Club and imagining it without the violence/terrorism. That's a good start.

what do you mean?

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra

what do you mean?

That's about how long most people can imagine something like that without violence.

I have been thinking of some ideas of things we all can do over the web in the manner of the game ... I have a few good ideas. I just want to hammer out some details with some of the stuff before I go posting away. Making a difference is not going to be the issue ... we can and will ... it's just how to go about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
GOOD IDEA!!!!

come up with more when u can

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OK< how about this for a start.

Everyone out there, post one piece of evidence, as irrefutable as you can find, on anything thats relevent to ATS.

Like a UFO or Gov't information, maybe even Spiritual stuff, or Crypto Mystery Animal.
Anything that is as yet, still not disproven.

I know alot of stuff on this site is fake, but if even 1 thing is real, then that surely is mind boggling and a big step. So we should start analysing the information as best we can.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody900
GOOD IDEA!!!!

come up with more when u can

Unfortunately I believe most of my spare time will be spent on the new game haha. I'll get around to putting that together though over the next couple weeks.

And I am gonna mention Madonna in every post I make that follows one of Jebus's until he joins in the game

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join