It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Neutrality...all Republicans against it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Of course Im for it. Who in the world woundnt be? Internet freedom is coming to an end. AT&T is forcing the web to be split into two tiers. Independent media must be stopped according to the White House and no body is doing anything to stop this madness. Without the Internet we are finished. Everything free on the net will now have to be paid for...monthly, yearly..not sure. But Net Neutrality is coming to an end because no body cares to do anything about it. SAVE THE INTERNET....maybe the site below might help. I just called Hiliary Clinton and apparently her Intern is going to give her my message !! yea..ok...ill hold my breath.. Please visit this site

www.savetheinternet.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   

He's not alone. Ed Whitacre of AT&T told Business Week last fall:

Now what they would like to do is use my pipes free, but I ain't going to let them do that because we have spent this capital and we have to have a return on it. So there's going to have to be some mechanism for these people who use these pipes to pay for the portion they're using. Why should they be allowed to use my pipes?

Now; why would they make these 'pipes' in the first place if they weren't already making money?
Do we not already pay for internet service?
Seems to me that the billions they make is not enough, they need more apparently.
If the politicians support this, what is their motivation, a stifling of free speech? If not, what's in it for them?
What makes the internet so good, they want to kill.
Will it be even worth having the internet if this passes?

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I would like to announce that 'Net Neutrality debate is a red-herring and very few people who understand the issues are writing about the issues. Google is not your friend so be careful and do not blindly follow anything that corporation supports. They are out to make shedloads of money off of the 'net masses and see anything that may stand in the way of their greed as "internet fascism."

'Net Neutrality is Bull':
www.voxclandestina.com...

Jon

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I was thinking this as I began to disect the aim of Net restriction. Google is definatly not my friend. I saw a show that explained how certain info is restricted in the US google database.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So According to the link provided, as I understand it, the pigs of bandwidth usage are to pay more, so what is this about a two tier system then? Are sites that use less going to be charged less, were they subsidizing the high bandwidth users?
Are fringe sites going to be slowed, or are bandwidth pigs such as Google going to be charged more

How does this affect the quality and freedom of the net for end users?

Now I'm confused.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
If they break neutrality the billonare companies are gona have high priority, but small webpages not. So if a new google or new yahoo want to start bussines, it will have problems because the bigs companies are gonna interrupt or make the conection more slower. So they dont have new competition. The ones that pay more get more. This only benefit big corporations. The system has it is now is runing ok. (net neutrality= everyone has equal oportunity of conection), if they break it the internet will be damage. It would be has if internet change to cable tv or something like that and only the big webpage show up and the others not.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hence, shutting out the small guy, so that only the big guys can play.
The same as it is with TV and radio, why is TV and radio not set up so that anyone can have a chance to be on the air?
Why, because if there is money to be made, why do anything for less? So they want to ruin the internet, limit info to those who have the money and the agenda's to make more money, shut out the huddled masses from their voices, so they may be herded and corralled under the shepherdship of the moneyed ones, the ones who milk us for every cent they have,
BA'AA'AA!!!

Maybe we'll have to rub our eye's and get outside, it's a nice day!

We need to know how to fight this!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It seems the felons are about to kill any voice of dissent once and for all!

This is disgusting... in a long list of disgusting things that are going on about now.

I have written my Senators, congressmen, and govenor. But unless I pack a whopping campaign donatiuon with my letters I am sure they go un-noticed. Or even worse I get put on a list of "potential trouble makers" or something to that effect.

For the companies its greed... for the govt its a great way to end sites like this.

Sons of bisquits, vampiric traitors... thats what they are and I dont care to be polite about it anymore. When net neutrality ends so does my stint on the net. They can kiss my shiny metal.A$$(bender from futurama)

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think that what we have here now(the internet) is the single worst enemy of any goverment. I consider myself priveledged to say that I will be able to tell my grandchildren(if the earth is still here) that I remember, even if it were for a brief moment, when the internet was the truth!!!! Let's hope and pray that it stays that way forever.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now, I and a few others pondered if this was coming, is it possible google and Co. could fight back?
news.com.com...

I guess if anything the ISP's need more competition, so they can fight over who's going to give us what we expect in the internet.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, if this does eventuallt happen, which I really hope it does'nt, a new internet, albeit much, much smaller, could be formed, in fact hundreds if not more could be, just get like minded people to create there own links, of course you'd need programmers who know how to actually create the internet, and the whole issue of connecting people, but still, iut's theoretically viable.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The INTERNET is big biasness and the Government knows it and so greedy corporate American that already runs the government . . .

When the government allowed the unrestricted monopolization of corporations to make money out of the INTERNET they took over all the small group of people that became entrepreneurs when the internet started and these people became wealthy over night . . . they sold out. . .

the INTERNET just like the government in the US is property of the corporate world. . .

They will be able to control what gets in and out and how . . .

They will make money out of it . . . and just like any other corporation that runs right now out of control in the US they will monopolized the prices to be paid for services . . .

Remember to who you pay your monthly bill when you have to pay for INTERNET services . . .

Thus far powerful phone and cable companies have spent an estimated $100 million on lobbyists, lawyers, “Astroturf” groups, campaign contributions and advertising agencies in a drive to dismantle Net Neutrality and mislead Americans.

We Americans has become our worst enemy . . . we trust to much what the government is doing to us.

We need to wake to the reality that American is not longer for the American but for the corporate.

The take over started 25 years ago when let corporations were allowed to get hold of politicians in Washington and buy them out. . .

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
With wireless internet, why would we even need an ISP?
If computer language was translated to wireless transponders/receivers that another computer could pick up with its radio receiver/transponder and translate the radio waves to the other computer in the network.

Sort of like strapping a walkie talkie to you computer, and a walkie talkie to your friends computer, the computers talk that way, but in their own language or code (not necessarily audible, just to make an example).

I wonder if someone is working on this already for the use of enthusiasts who can talk in a small network that can grow as more use it?

There has got to be a way to keep the net, the net we know, there are smart people out there!

top topics

join