It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage runs for UKIP leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nigel Farage runs for UKIP leader

Nominations for Party Leader closed on Friday 30th June 2006 and five nominations have been received.

The five candidates are as follows:

David Campbell Bannerman
Nigel Farage
David Noakes
Richard Suchorzewski
Delroy Young*

There is now a period up to July 10th to allow for withdrawals. After July 10th, the campaign starts in earnest. As previously announced a series of hustings in different parts of the country have been organised so that members can come and hear the candidates in person and question them. These are:-

Rainhill (Merseyside) - July 12th

Scotch Corner - July 15th

Chelmsford - July 22nd

Cannock - July 23rd

London July 29th

Exeter July 30th

LINK: www.ukip.org...

MY OPINION: Nigel Farage? LOL! That UKIP member has never won a British parliamentary election. Recently, he has lost in the Bromley by-election. He has scored only 8% votes. TBH, no UKIP member has ever won a British parliamentary election.

You-KIP, you-suck.

*Delroy Young has withdrawn.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by JimmyCarterIsNotSmarter]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I can't help thinking this is about as important as a public announcement about the new captain of the Woolwich ferry (never heard of it? exactly).

Who the hell is Nigel Farage anyway?
Some 'more English than the English' type with a vast chip on this shoulder cos he has a foreign sounding name (and perhaps not exactly alone in that by the looks of that list, eh) ?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I can't help thinking this is about as important as a public announcement about the new captain of the Woolwich ferry (never heard of it? exactly).

Who the hell is Nigel Farage anyway?
Some 'more English than the English' type with a vast chip on this shoulder cos he has a foreign sounding name (and perhaps not exactly alone in that by the looks of that list, eh) ?

LOL!

Nigel Farage is a fool who thinks that he, as a person recently beaten by Bob Neill in the by-elections, can lead UKIP to victory. But what alternative does UKIP have? Would Richard Suchorzewski, a guy with a Polish surname, serve well as the leader of an anti-immigration party? Could other UKIP members run for leader while no UKIP member has ever won a BP election? During the last English local elections, UKIP retained 30 council seats and gained 1 new seat, but also lost one, which means that its net gain during this elections was zero.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If that lot couldn't make the breakthrough with a (relatively) big and generally well known name like Kilroy-Silk I can't see how any of those political pygmies can expect to do it.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
UKIP or United Kingdom In Paranoia are a one party platform, that no one is scared of anymore and the population understands that we have to become a full part of Europe sooner rather than later.

When the right wing paranoid, racist, pro-empire, pro-isolation, pro-"shoot ourselves in the foot" and BNP influenced mob either gains an IQ or sadly moves on (most of UKIP voters are pre-WWII generation), we can finally move on as a country and take ourplace in Europe.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
When the right wing paranoid, racist, pro-empire, pro-isolation, pro-"shoot ourselves in the foot" and BNP influenced mob moves on (most of UKIP voters are pre-WWII generation), we can finally move on as a country and take ourplace in Europe.

Those who are pro-empire are right. And being pro-empire doesn't mean you cannot simoultaneously be pro-EU.

Who are most of BNP voters?

[edit on 30-7-2006 by JimmyCarterIsNotSmarter]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsNotSmarter
Those who are pro-empire are right. And being pro-empire doesn't mean you cannot simoultaneously be pro-EU.

I don't know about you, but i thought we didn't have an empire anymore
so its extremely difficult to be pro something that doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by JimmyCarterIsNotSmarter

I don't know about you, but i thought we didn't have an empire anymore
so its extremely difficult to be pro something that doesn't exist.

I was talking about those British politicians that want to revive the British colonial empire.

new topics

top topics

join