It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP lies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Withdrawal from the EU would yield Britain a £25 billion Independence Dividend.

Link: www.ukip.org...

UKIP’s claim is wrong. The yearly British contribution to the EU budget is £4.5 billion, and GB gets 33% of that money back as the rebate.

Luckily the Brits are wise and don't trust these liars. A recent poll indicates that 39% of Brits support the Conservatives, 35% - the LP, and 17% - the LibDems. That means that all other political parties combined enjoy the support of just 9% of the electorate.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
But support for those fringe parties seems to be growing. Theres the problem. Slowly growing. And the future is notoriously fickle. a Few rightly timed events can cause support to swing.

The UKIP isn't as bad as the BNP. But Ive heard about some moderate BNP people switching over to the UKIP, so maybe eventually, it will be as bad.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't see UKIP going anywhere beyond the fringes (nor the BNP for that matter).

They're a shameful embarrassment (or would be if they had any shame) regularly making the most cringe-worthy faux pas (their behaviour at the EU Parliament had to be seen to be believed) and often (as here) being exposed as simply wrong, grossly selective, and plain outright deliberately distorting the truth......

.....and when all you have really got is a single issue you can't get away with anything like that (even f you want to go on and complain that that is how political parties generally are).

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I don't see UKIP going anywhere beyond the fringes (nor the BNP for that matter).

They're a shameful embarrassment (or would be if they had any shame) regularly making the most cringe-worthy faux pas (their behaviour at the EU Parliament had to be seen to be believed) and often (as here) being exposed as simply wrong, grossly selective, and plain outright deliberately distorting the truth......

.....and when all you have really got is a single issue you can't get away with anything like that (even f you want to go on and complain that that is how political parties generally are).

I would award you a WATS vote but I can't, that option is not working. Damn, I just registered yesterday and I already experience a tech problem... Oh well, Ill report it to the forum staff.

Regarding UKIP, that party is really stupid. Sorry for using such words, but they cannot be a serious organisation: they talk about how bad the EU is all the time, and why GB should withdraw from it, yet they cannot offer the voters an alternative.

top topics

join