It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE sign Petition for PEACE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Please go to this site and at least have a look at it.

www.democracyinaction.org...

Its up to you whether or not you decide to sign it...but we all must do our bit, whatever we can to stop this violence!

[edit on 29-7-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
well I'm not american, but you can make up a name and claim it's me if you want.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
lol I am not in US either, but I still signed it. It has section for other...

In less than 5 mins, it has gone up by 300 votes since I signed, that is

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Signed.

I have also forwarded it to a few frends too.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thought about it, went to the site and found this... www.democracyinaction.org... Hmmm, nice marketing vehicle, "revolutionary" by their own account. Homey don't play that game no mo'. Just what I need more junk mail and my name in a marketing database... Thanks, but no... dial tone...........

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Thought about it, went to the site and found this... www.democracyinaction.org... Hmmm, nice marketing vehicle, "revolutionary" by their own account. Homey don't play that game no mo'. Just what I need more junk mail and my name in a marketing database... Thanks, but no... dial tone...........

lol well it is the kind of thing that needs marketing!!!

but as for passing my info on to whoever, I dont give a rats. I am pretty sure all the spy ware I constantly immunize my pc against, they have all the info they need about me anyway.

thanks for looking at it anyway...I have signed and I dont care if they exploit me in other areas

lol
edit: went back and had another read and really nothing to be concerned about...

Our goal is make online advocacy tools accessible to all nonprofits in order to strengthen civil society by enabling people to connect, communicate, take action, and organize in a manner that is consistent with the highest principles of democracy

www.democracyinaction.org...

[edit on 29-7-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I dont think you're allowed to solicit support for petitions according to the T&C of this site.

That's not to say that I dont support the goal, I do.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski

I didnt use none of my real information, not even a real email.

So there is no worry really.

Subz i think its only against the T&C if its your own petition that you make a thread over. Could be wrong though.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
hi...well it hasnt been locked so obviously ok...

please dont let this go to page 2 just yet...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just playing the Devil's Advocate here, but what good does it do to sign a petition using phony names and addresses?
Surely this de-legitimizes the efforts of those who drew up the petition

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Oh, how sweet!

A petition for peace? Don't they have ribbons for that?
What color is the peace ribbon? There are so many different ribbons I forget which one is which.

Seriously though, any kind of "ceasefire" just gives time for Hezzbollah to regroup.

Israels only option is to completely destroy Hezzbollah. If Lebanon wants peace they should help out with this goal.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by RRconservative]

[edit on 30-7-2006 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
And what or who exactly is gonna see the signed names once this goes through.

Do you really think Hezbullah gives a ratz ass about a signed peace petition or Israel?

Or Leaders from other nations?? Most of them ignore signed peace petitions anyways so whats the use?

I wont sign it because it wont change a thing that is happening in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
what is the alternative????

war and more war, violence :bnghd:

I choose to believe that it can make a difference in a diplomatic way.

Surely it is better to exhaust all other avenues !?

Its up to all of us to at least try and find a peaceful solution using peaceful methods. Peace promotes peace, violence promotes violence.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I won't be signing this, simply because it's completely
and totally useless, perhaps if it was Israeli people,
in Israel, than it might have a chance of working,
but seeing as it is'nt.

If you want to make a difference, try protesting
outside your senators office, or whatever the
equivalent is in Australia

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread202530/pg1]Mod Note: ATS And Activism – Please Review This Link.[url]

top topics

join