It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD bugout

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
NORAD would turn control over to NAOC in event of a major attack on the US (read nuclear/missile strike). NAOC is still sitting alert at Offut AFB with TACAMO, so command would still be turned over to them. They're on 15 minute alert, and generally sit with one engine running 24/7 until they get relieved by another plane. If NORAD WERE to get hit in a terrorist attack, then NAOC would take over command with the battlestaff, and launch. We wouldn't have the huge information displays, and some of the things we'd get with NORAD up and running, but we would still have overall command in place, and a functioning military.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Was Cheney in the mountain on 9/11/01?
Silly man.
Give him an NORAD hat and what does he do, louses up the whole day.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Cheney wasn't anywhere near NORAD on 9/11. He was in the White House.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If the US is trying to divert attention away from a covert move for NORAD, good job. If these morons are doing this because they think Norad is obsolete, then screw 'em in the neck! They don't have the brains to **** off themselves!

NORAD provides the US with a 'relatively' secure place for our AD. It was designed with stand a direct hit. Now, whether it could or not is debatable, but decentralizing AD will only serve our enemies!

Thanks Obama, good move there sparky!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They are and have been building new massive deep underground facilities around Denver where the entire civilian and military leadership will be moving too.

It is the safest place in America from all types of threats and the shadow government is already based there. Russia has been building a massive city sized bunker as well to prepare for the same thing in the same type of terrain.

They know that something will happen soon that they will need to hide deep underground.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
Thanks Obama, good move there sparky!

What does he have to do with this? This thread was started three years ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
NORAD is OLD !!! Literally....and the springs that house it in the mountain are creaky.
I have been inside several times. (lived in Manitou Springs)
and.....NORAD is certainly known worldwide...no secrets here.
The entrances on all sides of the range are known.
Peterson AFB is open for interpretation as a new base.

West Virginia: now there's another story. The Sugar Grove Naval Base is home to some "new" growth; on the defense and scientific arenas. And the lux Homestead has been added on to both above and below ground. Much closer to our pantheon of officials in DC.....
By the by..when planes fly through the Shenandoah Valley, they are literally
"under the radar".

I now live smack in the middle of said valley and am questioning my own existence here.
Gypsy bells are ringing!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Cheyenne Mountain is certainly not the only super-hardened position in the country. It is probably the most public, and therefore the least useful. There are plenty of shelters underground in Virginia and West Virginia that can survive nuclear attack and whatever else. There is a massive underground complex in Washington DC, a major part of which is underneath the White House itself. I lived in DC for several years, and for a long while after 9-11, there was a 24/7 parade of concrete mixers driving onto Pennsylvania Avenue, right by the White House, which was cordoned off and screened from public view by a high, blacked out fence. There is something big under the ground there- something that took a lot of concrete, and a lot of guys a long time to build. I'm convinced that the image of the White House we are all familiar with is just the tip of the iceberg. The secret subway leading to the Capitol is common knowledge- I'd be willing the bet there are rails connecting complexes beneath the Capitol, the White House, the Pentagon, the Hoover Building, Langley etc.

You want to know where that $2.3 trillion dollars the DoD "lost" went? My money is on massive underground construction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join