It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupa Picture?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Guys... the creature's a fake.

It is, in fact, a prop from a public "spook-house" type cave. We get this question several times each year. There's a number of cues that it's actually a doll or prop (including the way it's attached to the wall.)

exactly what he said

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
A friend of mine is from Puerto Rico and he never watched the X Files. I told him about the Chupacabra episode and asked him if there was any truth to those rumors. He said yes they were raised with that legend and always terrified of it. He knew exactly what I was talking about. Every place has it legends and stories.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Despite being a fake the picture is kinda cool... just imagine getting your snaps back and finding that creature starring back at you!!!

A friend of mine who knows some puerto ricans says that they say it's all fake and based on stories...but I'm not sure on the subject... I suppose it kinda links in with the cattle mutilation phenomenon.

Chupacabra could be a marketing ploy for Chupa Chups!!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thats disgraceful and i have now completely lost faith in coast to coast whatever its called.

That is one of the most famous Crypto pics around, it has been circulating for several years and we all know that the origional cave pic was a fake.
The peeps at this website will surely have seen the origional pic of this creature so they are just taking the piss by putting thsi up,. knowing it is a photoshopped fake!!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Here's the original pic.

ID

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Ok, the first thing that is wrong with this picture is that the branch could not possible support the weight of a creature that size (I know this has been mentioned before). Secondly the creature looks disproportionate and almost appears to be tangled in the branches. Thirdly as proved above this picture has been used in many other hoaxes. Lastly I find it odd that no one in the picture (including the camera man who is looking directly at it) seems to notice or care that there is a three foot tall reptilian bipedal blood sucker mere feet from them.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Have others seen this picture before?

I only saw the detail part and never knew that it was part of a larger scene which adds to its credibility.

What is it?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Hey THENEO, I just checked this thread out and looked at that pic from your link. I KNEW I had seen that thing from somewhere before and sure enough, I found it on one site I had visited. Check this out:
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...
Same creature, same pose, different background. So this opens up some possibilities. Either this is just a complete bogus creature.....OR one version is genuine, and the other is made by someone who layered the little guy into the picture. Pretty cool though. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
THENEO

This creature is not alive. It's a statue, people.
THENEO, it looks like you didn't even read what YOU posted. On your second link, the one with the "original" photos, if you take time to read all the text that is around the picture, it says right there.

"Ok, the True Story - this is a real photo. Of a sculpture at a place called Cheddar Showcaves & Gorge in Somerset, England. A kind of park, if you will, with figures of dragons, dwarves, fairies, Demons of the Night. Kind of to spice the place up a bit."

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
its the grinch... duh.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Still a cool pic and a great story - especially for people who are new to this area. Thanks TheNeo!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join