It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who think Explosives would have Sounded Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
For me, an explosive like C4 ( -- only an example) making sounds over the "roar of the collapse" has never been a problem. I've always considered the roar to be predominantly the result of explosive charges, going off in such short intervals that they do not come across as separate explosive charges. The brain can only categorize information at certain paces.

To illustrate my point, I've taken a sample of a large amount of C4 being detonated from this video:
video.google.com...

Notice that in this video, there isn't much between the camera and the actual charges for the sound to "bounce" off of.

Here is a wave file I've created using only the above sound of C4 detonating:
media.putfile.com...

The file I've created plays a series of C4 detonations in intervals that last several times longer than the amount of time available for each WTC floor's "collapse" (approx. 0.1 seconds).

How many individual charges can you pick out? Go ahead and see how close you can come, since I can access the exact number through the program I used to create the above.

Imagine if the intervals were smaller -- they'd be even harder to pick out.

Edits to add these WTC2 collapse clips as audio references:
www.911research.com...
www.911research.com... (Much larger file)

[edit on 29-7-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It just gets more and more complex doesn't it?

Like Jones 'science' your example started out with a desired outcome and the example made to fit it.

Your example is from one fixed location with one set of 'ears'.
Where were the explosions that started the collapse? Those would not be hidden in the roar of the fall. Are they also invisible?

The idea that the closer together the explosions the less likely to be decerned as explosions seems to make a kinda sense, but not really. In an actual CD the explosions are quite obvious. The are the big sounds that you hear before the collapse starts.

[edit on 29-7-2006 by Vushta]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vushta
Like Jones 'science' your example started out with a desired outcome and the example made to fit it.

As opposed to what? Just wondering what it would sound like, and doing the same example (which would result in the exact same thing!)? Or trying to make the explosions stick out obviously (which would just be dumb)?

All I'm pointing out is that the explosives could have masked themselves in the manner I've just shown you.

In an actual CD...

Each and every CD is different. Different goals, different priorities, different minds behind them.

Where were the explosions that started the collapse? Those would not be hidden in the roar of the fall. Are they also invisible?

Where were mine? They covered each other pretty well considering they were in much larger intervals than what you could've been hearing from the collapses.

The idea that the closer together the explosions the less likely to be decerned as explosions seems to make a kinda sense, but not really. In an actual CD the explosions are quite obvious. The are the big sounds that you hear before the collapse starts.

Common theory is that thermite initiated the collapses. Thermite is soundless, and makes the collapse appear very natural. Only clues it leaves behind on video are things like the molten metal pouring out of the building where a column is missing in WTC2.

Video: www.youtube.com...

join